Come aboard the NEW 76' ISLAND CURRENT III for our unique winter codfishing experience from Rhode Island and fish for these delightful, tasty winter fish!
- Fish for codfish on a well equipped vessel with the latest in fishing finding technology.
- Enjoy superior service and instruction from an expert crew that will guide you to a successful fishing experience.
- Learn all kinds of fishing techniques, tackle rigging, bait selection, netting or gaffing, and even top of the line fish cleaning.
Trips will last around 12 hours, giving you plenty of time to find the largest codfish!
Aboard the ISLAND CURRENT FLEET we use only the finest tackle available on the market. Our codfishing outfits consist of 6' PROFILE SERIES rods aboard ISLAND CURRENT II &
6 1/2' NEW UGLY STICK PARTY/CHARTER series aboard ISLAND CURRENT III, all rods are matched with PENN JIGMASTER REELS spooled with 50 lb. pink Ande line.
Hooks 7/0 Octopus Style and Bank Sinkers 12 oz. to 24 oz. are supplied FREE of charge.
CODFISH DIAMOND jigs can be purchased on board.
ISLAND CURRENT FLEET abides by the state of Rhode Island Regulations and Federal Regulations.
CODFISH MUST BE 22 inches in order to be retained.
What Is Not Included?
- -------------------------------FISHING DETAILS-----------------------------------
- What has the catch been like lately?
- Capt. James called into report a healthy turnout of codfish enthusiast who were not disaapointed today. There were several limits easily reached as most anglers walked away with a good amount of fish. Here are some highlights of Monday's codfish outing. Keith B. from Upstate NY had 15 keeper cod (ORL), Ceasar R., from Sheepshead Bay, NY had 11 plump winter kings, Fred B. and his buddy from Wakefield, RI had 12 keepers and a bunch of ling, Carl W., from Pt. Judith, RI had 12 keepers (ORL).
- I have never been fishing before. Is that okay?
- Yes! We encourage all different experience levels to come fishing with us. We will help you learn all the necessary techniques to begin.
- How many fish can I keep?
- Captain Chris and his crew are up to date with the most recent limit details, and will inform you of these at the start of the trip. Regulations will also vary depending on the season and what we are fishing for on a particular day.
- What's the limit for a child?
- Limits are the same for everyone who comes fishing with us. Limit regulations will be explained by Captain Chris and his crew at the start of the trip.
- What happens if everyone catches their limits?
- If everyone limits out on cod, the trip will end, having been a success. It is against federal law to continue fishing once we've limited out.
- At what depth will we be fishing?
- We will go to depths ranging anywhere from 90-180 ft.
- How long will the fishing trip be?
- The trip will last around 12 hours.
- How long is it until we start fishing?
- It will be about 1.5 to 2 hours after we leave the marina before we start fishing.
- Can I sell the fish I catch?
- No - it is illegal to sell any fish you catch on board.
- Do you guarantee that fish will be caught?
- We can't guarantee that you will catch fish, but we do guarantee that we will try our hardest to help you catch fish.
- What can I do with the fish that I catch?
- We recommend that you have the fish cleaned by our expert mates. They can clean the fish on the way back to the marina. The cleaning service falls within our recommended gratuity of 15% for the mates that work so hard for you!
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is strongly recommended, and trips often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please buy your tickets well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What happens if it rains?
- We will go out rain or shine. In the case of severe weather, we may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time, in which case you will be allowed to reschedule (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- If the trip is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- Unfortunately we do not have waiting lists for our trips. While cancellations are rare, you may try to purchase tickets at the start of the trip. However, we cannot guarantee that there will be any room left! To maximize your chance of getting the day and time of your preferred trip, please buy tickets in advance.
- Can I still go on the trip if I don't want to fish?
- Yes! If you don't want to fish, you can purchase a Ride Along ticket for half the price of an adult ticket. Keep in mind that if you purchase that ticket, you will not be allowed to fish on the trip!
- Are children allowed?
- Yes! We love children. Children are allowed on board and will be eligible for reduced child ticket. However, keep in mind that the trip might be less enjoyable for a child under 5 years of age.
- Is my child too young to go fishing?
- We think the best age to start fishing is 5 - 6 years old. Of course, you know your child best, but keep in mind that the trip is 12 hours long and will require some level of concentration!
- Is this cruise suitable for pregnant women?
- Though we put no limitations on who may or may not attend, pregnant women should consult with their doctors before participating in active activities.
- How early should I arrive to check in before the trip?
- Please arrive no later than 30 minutes before the trip departs.
- --------------------------WHAT SHOULD I BRING-----------------------------
- Can I bring an ice chest?
- PLASTIC personal coolers under 48 quarts are allowed, but no metal coolers are allowed on board.
- Can I bring my own food and/or beverages?
- Yes, you may bring your own food and alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages on board any one of our boats.
- What types of food and beverages are available on board?
- On board the Island Current III, there is a full service galley on board. We have many choices for refreshments; in the morning we offer egg sandwiches, bagels, coffee/tea, and juice. For lunch we have hamburgers, cheeseburgers, hot dogs, soup, and a variety of chips and snacks.
- I am planning on eating in the galley on board, how much money should I bring with me?
- $10 should suffice per person for breakfast and lunch. If you plan on buying any souvenirs, please bring around $25 with you.
- ------------------FISHING EQUIPMENT/LICENSES-------------------------
- Will I need a license to go fishing?
- No one is required to have a license to go on this fishing trip.
- Can you provide me with fishing gear, bait, and tackle?
- Everything you need for a fun day of fishing is included in the price of your ticket. We will provide all the necessary equipment for the day.
- What type of gear do I need?
- We will provide you with all the gear you will need. If you want to bring your own, you should come prepared with a 7-8 foot rod and 40-50 lb. test lines that can hold up to 16 ounces of lead.
- ----------------------------QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BOAT-------------------------
- Is smoking allowed on the boat?
- Yes, smoking is allowed in designated areas.
- Will there be room on the boat to stow my belongings?
- There are two overhead luggage racks on the port and starboard and space under the seats where you can store your belongings. However, please only bring what you will need for the day!
- Are there restrooms on board?
- We do have restroom accommodations on board our boats.
- Is the boat wheelchair accessible?
- Our boats are all wheelchair accessible. Please on "Contact ICFleet" and we will accommodate you!
- Is the boat safe?
- Absolutely. Our boats are Coast Guard certified, and each year they are re-inspected to insure passenger safety and comfort.
- Do I have to wear a life jacket?
- No, although we do have life jackets on board, you are not required to wear one.
- Are there life jackets on the boat?
- Yes, our boats are compliant with the rules and regulations of the state and are fully outfitted with safety equipment. However, you are not required to wear life jackets during the trip.
- Will I get seasick?
- While our vessels are extremely safe, we will be on the water and there will be some movement. If you are prone to motion sickness, consider taking preventative measures beforehand.
- Can I bring my dog or other small pet on board the boat?
- Unfortunately, pets are not allowed on board our fishing trips.
- ------------PRIVATE CHARTERS AND GIFT CERTIFICATES------------
- Can I book a private fishing trip?
- Yes! Island Current Fleet can accommodate almost all of your special requests. Please click on the "Contact ICFleet" link for more information about private charters.
- Are gift certificates available?
- YES! If you are interested in purchasing a gift certificate, please click the "Contact ICFleet" link.
Island Current Fleet
The ISLAND CURRENT III is available for PRIVATE CHARTER for both weekday and weekend excursions.
Please note that the ISLAND CURRENT III is operating in the state of Rhode Island from mid-January through the month of March. This ideal winter location allows the ISLAND CURRENT III to be the closest boat to the fishing grounds.
Island Current Fleet offers a variety of different fishing experiences, from open party daytime fishing trips, to nighttime blue fishing, and special events. Come spend an unforgettable time with Island Current Fleet!