Our sistership, The Indian River Queen will be leading the parade. Join us for a journey down the beautiful Indian River in our festively decorated boat! Sing Christmas carols for a fabulous way to kick off the holiday season and get into the spirit! Wave at the cheering crowds along the parade route as we pass by Historic Cocoa Village Riverside Park and South Rockledge Drive.
- Enjoy the beauty of the gentle Indian River Lagoon: The river runs along the Florida Intracoastal Waterway (ICW), also known as the Indian River Lagoon, an estuary known as one of the world's most diverse ecosystems.
- Start your holiday shopping at the Historic Cocoa Village.
- Join passengers and boaters after the parade at one of the many village watering holes to enjoy libations with family and friends.
What Is Not Included?
Transportation to and from the boats is also not included.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is strongly recommended and our trips often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased in advance with a Visa, MasterCard, or American Express.
- Is there an age limit?
- No - any age is welcome to join us on board. However, all guests must have a ticket, regardless of age. Our passenger capacity is strictly limited by safety and comfort considerations, as well as by the US Coast Guard.
- What happens if it rains?
- Your captain and crew watch the weather forecasts closely and want to ensure your trip is safe, enjoyable, and a memorable experience. In the event that current or predicted conditions get in the way of that happening, requiring us to cancel, we will contact you as soon as possible so you can join us at another date/time. Be sure to provide a good local contact number or cell phone you will answer while on vacation when purchasing your tickets.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- Every guest, regardless of age, needs a ticket. For children ages 2 and under, a free "Lap Pass" ticket is available if there are vacant seats remaining on the cruise. Children ages 3 through 12 must have a "Child" ticket.
- Are drinks or food served on the trip?
- Food and drinks are not included with your trip. You are more then welcome to pack a small cooler if you would like to bring along treats or a picnic lunch. Alcohol is permitted on board but as a courtesy to other passengers we request that alcohol is consumed in moderation on public cruises.
- Can I bring a cooler, picnic basket, or other large items?
- Yes, you are welcome to pack a small cooler with snacks, beverages, or alcoholic drinks. While alcohol is permitted, we request that it is consumed in moderation as a courtesy to other passengers on board.
- Are there restrooms on board?
- The Queen has ladies' and men's restrooms located on two decks; however, they are not handicap accessible for passengers in wheelchairs.
- Will there be music on board?
- Yes! We will be playing festive holiday tunes on board the boat and we encourage everyone to sing along!
- What should I wear?
- Dress appropriately for the weather conditions. The sun is much stronger on the water although the boat does have a roof that provides nice shade. You'll want to wear soft soled rubber shoes or sandals on the boat. On windy or breezy days, skirts are not recommended. During the cooler months, you may want to bring a jacket or fleece or rain gear.
- Is there any shade on the boat?
- Yes. The Indian River Queen has a fully air conditioned, enclosed dining room and a fully covered 2nd deck.
- Will I get wet?
- Maybe. If it rains or if it is a windy day you may get an occasional spray from the river.
- Is the Indian River Queen stable?
- Absolutely! The Queen has a flat bottom and you will feel very little movement or rocking.
- Are life jackets available on board?
- Life jackets for all passengers are provided on board. Infant life jackets are not provided.
- Will I get seasick?
- Our guests usually find the Indian River Queen to be a very steady vessel. However, we advise that you consult with your doctor about taking preventative measures beforehand if you are prone to motion sickness.
- Is the Indian River Queen handicap accessible?
- Boats are not typically handicap accessible. However, we have been able to accommodate almost all passengers in wheelchairs. Only portable chairs can be boarded due to weight restrictions on the boats. Sometimes the water level prohibits us from being able to board a wheelchair safely. Do keep in mind that the restrooms on board are not wheelchair accessible.
- Is gratuity included in the ticket price?
- Gratuities for your Indian River Queen crew are not included in your ticket price. If you have a great time and wish to recognize the contributions of the crew, you're welcome to give any one of them a tip to be shared by all. We are occasionally asked what a good tip is - it's entirely up to you, but 10% is common.
- Are group discounts available for the public tours?
- Unfortunately we do not offer group discounts.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes, but only directly through The Indian River Queen by clicking the "Contact IslandBoats" link.
- Can I book a private trip or charter?
- Yes! We offer private trips, too. We can accommodate a variety of special requests. Please use the "Contact IslandBoats" link to inquire further about your options.
- Do you offer team building events?
- Yes! Our trips are perfect for team building and corporate events. If you are interested in hearing more about our special offers for team building, please click on the "Contact IslandBoats" link and let us know what you're interested in.
Island Boat Lines
The Indian River Queen offers limited riverboat adventures to the public so DON'T MISS THE BOAT! Take advantage of any opportunity to to ride the river on board the Indian River Queen.
The Queen is also ideal for group travelers who would like the run of the ship ...during a privately chartered cruise.
The public can enjoy a Friday Night Dinner Cruise, Sunday Scenic Lite Rock Cruise or Shuttle Launch Viewing Cruise. Dates & availability for all public cruises are limited so we suggest you book in advance.
Passengers will be treated to southern charm and hospitality during their Riverboat adventure on board the Queen. The food, music, sunsets & libations will exceed expectations!