- The Buffet: Mike's Famous Bar-B-Que Pork sandwiches,Robin's Pasta Salad,Green Garden Salad , delicious home made desserts,coffee & tea. Cash Bar available
- The Gentle Indian River: The river runs along the Florida Intracoastal waterway (ICW) and is also known as the Indian River Lagoon, an estuary known as one of the worlds most diverse ecosystems.
- Dolphins & Manatees: Keep your eyes open to see herds of Manatee, playful bottlenose Dolphin and a variety of coastal Birds.
- Cocoa Village & Shopping: The Queen is docked at Cocoa Village Marina in the heart of Cocoa Village. Make time to explore Cocoa Village before or after your Indian River Queen cruise! You will find many treasures in this historic downtown shopping village.
What Is Not Included?
- An on board cash bar will be available to mix up passengers' favorite libations during the cruise.
- Transportation to and from the boats is also not included.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is strongly recommended and our trips often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased in advance with a Visa, MasterCard, or American Express.
- Is there an age limit?
- No - any age is welcome to join us on board. However, all guests must have a ticket, regardless of age. Our passenger capacity is strictly limited by safety and comfort considerations, as well as by the US Coast Guard.
- What happens if it rains?
- Your captain and crew watch the weather forecasts closely and want to ensure your trip is safe, enjoyable, and a memorable experience. In the event that current or predicted conditions get in the way of that happening, requiring us to cancel, we will contact you as soon as possible so you can join us at another date/time. Be sure to provide a good local contact number or cell phone you will answer while on vacation when purchasing your tickets.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- Every guest, regardless of age, needs a ticket. For children ages 2 and under, a free "Lap Pass " ticket is available if there are vacant seats remaining on the cruise. Children ages 3 through 12 must have a "Child" ticket.
- Is gratuity included in the ticket price?
- Gratuities for your Indian River Queen crew are not included in your ticket price. If you have a great time and wish to recognize the contributions of the crew, you're welcome to give any one of them a tip to be shared by all. We are occasionally asked what a good tip is - it's entirely up to you, but 10% is common.
- Are group discounts available for the public tours?
- Unfortunately we do not offer group discounts.
- What wildlife do we see on the trip?
- You may see bottle-nose dolphin, manatees and some species of shore birds.
- Are drinks or food served on the trip?
- Food and drinks are available on your trip, so we ask that you please do not bring your own with you. Most public cruises like this one have a buffet, coffee, tea, and water included in the ticket price. A full-service cash bar is available on board. On some special event cruises, food and drinks are extra.
- Are we allowed to bring our own alcohol on board?
- Absolutely not, any alcohol or illegal drugs will be confiscated immediately if found in possession. Any special request must be approved by management.
- Can I bring a cooler, picnic basket, or other large items?
- You are not allowed to bring coolers on board.
- Are there restrooms on board?
- The Queen has ladies' and men's restrooms located on two decks; however, they are not handicap accessible for passengers in wheelchairs.
- What time should we arrive?
- Due to safety reasons, boarding will begin 30 minutes prior to departure. If the musicians and caterers are ready, we may begin boarding earlier.
- How far is the parking lot to the boat?
- The walk is about 30 yards - if you need a walker or wheelchair to assist you, we have a place for storage on the boat.
- Will I get anything when the trip is over?
- At the conclusion of your tour we will provide passengers with a souvenir postcard.
- What should I wear?
- Dress appropriately for the weather conditions. The sun is much stronger on the water although the boat does have a roof that provides nice shade. We always recommend sunglasses and sunscreen. You will not be getting off of the boat so you don’t have to worry about wading in the water and the hazards associated with that. You'll want to wear soft soled rubber shoes or sandals on the boat. On windy or breezy days, skirts are not recommended. During the cooler months, you may want to bring a jacket or fleece or rain gear.
- Will I get wet?
- Maybe. If it rains or if it is a windy day you may get an occasional spray from the river.
- Is there any shade on the boat?
- Yes. The Indian River Queen has a fully air conditioned, enclosed dining room and a fully covered 2nd deck.
- Is the Indian River Queen stable?
- Absolutely! The Queen has a flat bottom and you will feel very little movement or rocking.
- Are life jackets available on board?
- Life jackets for all passengers are provided on board. Infant life jackets are not provided.
- Will I get seasick?
- Our guests usually find the Indian River Queen to be a very steady vessel. However, we advise that you consult with your doctor about taking preventative measures beforehand if you are prone to motion sickness.
- Is the Indian River Queen handicap accessible?
- Boats are not typically handicap accessible. However, we have been able to accommodate almost all passengers in wheelchairs. Only portable chairs can be boarded due to weight restrictions on the boats. Sometimes the water level prohibits us from being able to board a wheelchair safely. Do keep in mind that the restrooms on board are not wheelchair accessible.
- Will we see a manatee?
- Maybe. There are many manatees that inhabit the Indian River Lagoon. However, we can not guarantee sightings.
- How far away are the dolphin from the boat?
- Sometimes, the dolphin will follow along the side or behind the vessel. We cannot guarantee sightings.
- Are any souvenirs available?
- Yes, tee-shirts will be available for purchase. They are navy blue with yellow lettering and feature the Indian River Queen logo on the front and the phrase "Party Crew" on the back. They are available in mens M, L, and XL, ladies S, M, L, and XL, and children's M or L.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes, but only directly through The Indian River Queen by clicking the "Contact IslandBoats seller" link.
- Can I book a private trip or charter?
- Yes! We offer private trips, too. We can accommodate a variety of special requests. Please use the "Contact IslandBoats" link to inquire further about your options.
- Do you offer team building events?
- Yes! Our trips are perfect for team building and corporate events. If you are interested in hearing more about our special offers for team building, please click on the "Contact IslandBoats" link and let us know what you're interested in.
- Do you sell souvenirs on board?
- Yes, we sell t-shirts and beer coozies.
Island Boat Lines
The Indian River Queen offers limited riverboat adventures to the public so DON'T MISS THE BOAT! Take advantage of any opportunity to to RIDE THE RIVER on board the Indian River Queen.
The Queen is also ideal for group travelers who would like the run of the ship ...during a privately chartered cruise.
The Public can enjoy a Friday Night Dinner Cruise, Sunday Jazz Cruise or Shuttle Launch Viewing Cruise. Dates & availability for all public cruises are limited so we suggest you book in advance.
Passengers will be treated to southern charm and hospitality during their Riverboat adventure onboard the Queen. The food, music, sunsets & libations will exceed expectations!