Enjoy a special 18 hour giant seabass offshore wreck trip, limited to 45 passengers, and fish for giant seabass, hake, cod, pollack and ling on the 100 ft Atlantic Star.
The Atlantic Star holds up to 149 passengers and features:
- Enclosed lounges
- Large sun deck
- Separate ladies' and men's restrooms
- Radar, sonar & loran
- Compact disc surround sound system
Fishing bait & fish bags are all included. Rods and reels are available for rent, and fish cleaning services are also available at a nominal cost.
Boarding is in accordance with booking order (check FAQs for more info). Book early to guarantee a great spot on board!
The Captain reserves the right to cancel the trip subject to weather changes.
>> Check the FAQs for our updated fishing report! <<
What Is Not Included?
- There will be no food or beverages available for purchase on board. Please bring your own food and drinks with you! Hard alcohol is not allowed on board but feel free to bring beer (1 6-pack per person) with you.
- Souvenirs and various items will be available for purchase at our dock, from teeshirts, jewelry, toys, hats and sweatshirts to disposable cameras, field guides, lip balm and sunblockin the gift shop.
- What kind of fish have you been catching recently?
- **March 28-Most anglers had their limit of seabass up to 6 pounds. Rain and fog all day, winds SE to SW at 15 knots. **March 22-Another tough day with current, but not as many dogs. Most anglers had their limit up to 7 pounds. **March 21- The only limits we had today were on dogfish & patience. However most anglers managed to be in the teens on Seabass. **March 19- Winds 20-25 SW all day, good steady pick all day. All anglers limited out with "Pool Winner" having a 6.5 pound Seabass. **March 18- Light winds, Easterly swell, good pick all day. Most anglers had limit or close to it. **March 14-NE winds 15 to 20 all day. Most anglers limited out or close to it. **March 10- Good, steady pick all day for Seabass all day and some Tile Fish. All anglers were jigging. NE winds at 20-25 all day. **March 7- Most, if not all, anglers had their limits on Seabass up to 6 pounds. Good action all day, SW wind 15 to 20 and seas 3 to 5 feet. Very good day!
- ---------------------QUESTIONS ABOUT TICKETS/POLICIES---------------------
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- We recommend you purchase your tickets in advance in order to guarantee your spots on board because our trips do often sell out (and this trip has very limited spots). Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone with either a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express. Book early to have the best shot at the day/time you prefer! Remember that boarding is in accordance with booking order as well.
- How do I determine my boarding order?
- To determine your place in the boarding order, take the total number of potential passengers for this trip (45) and subtract the number of tickets that are still available for the date you're interested in. Add 1 and that's the next boarding position -- book now to secure your spot!
- What happens if it rains?
- We go rain or shine. In the event of severe weather that would result in the cancellation of the trip, you would be welcome to reschedule or receive a voucher for a future event.
- Is this trip appropriate for children?
- This trip is not recommended for children and is designed for experienced fishermen. If children do want to attend, they must purchase a full priced ticket.
- Is the trip suitable for pregnant women?
- No, this trip is not appropriate for pregnant women.
- Is the trip wheelchair accessible?
- Usually manual wheelchairs are no problem and can be lifted on board. Electric wheelchairs, on the other hand, may not be able to fit on board. If you need more information, please click “Contact JJCBoats” and let us know details about your particular situation.
- How much experience do I need to have?
- This trip is designed for more experienced fishermen. You will be on the boat for 18 hours and will be doing some more intense deep water fishing!
- I don't want to fish, can I still go on the trip? Do I get a discount?
- If you don't want to fish, you can join the trip, but you must still have a full priced ticket to attend since we have limited spaces available.
- How far is Wildwood from Cape May?
- Wildwood is a 15-20 minute drive from Cape May. When coming from Cape May, you will need to allow a few extra minutes for occasional drawbridge openings.
- -------QUESTIONS ABOUT FISHING, LIMITS, & TRIP SPECIFICS-----------
- What kind of fish will we be fishing for?
- We fish for seabass on this trip. Seabass tend to congregate around wrecks, jetties, or rocks, and weigh an average of 1.5 pounds. They are lean and low in fat, and suitable for almost any method of cooking.
- Do you guarantee that I will catch fish?
- No. However, our crew will do their best to ensure that you are in optimal conditions and locations for finding fish.
- Do I need to keep the fish I catch?
- No, you can catch and release if you prefer.
- How many fish can I keep?
- The current limit for seabass is 25, with a minimum of 12 inches.
- What do I do with the fish I keep? Do you provide fish cleaning?
- We have bags for you to take and keep with you. Our mates would be happy to clean your fish for a nominal fee (determined by the mates).
- Can I sell the fish I catch?
- No, selling the fish you catch is against the law without proper licenses.
- What happens if everyone catches their limits?
- There are plenty of different species of fish, so if everyone on board catches their limits of one species, we will continue to fish for others!
- How far will the boat go out?
- It depends on where the fish are! We may go anywhere from 50 to 80 miles offshore depending upon where the bite is best.
- What do I see when I'm not fishing?
- When you are not fishing, you will see the ocean or bay, and you may be lucky and see dolphins, whales, sea birds, turtles, rays, or sunfish!
- Can we see any wildlife while we're fishing?
- There is the possibility of seeing dolphins, whales, sea birds, sea turtles, rays, and sunfish.
- -----------------------FISHING EQUIPMENT AND LICENSES-----------------------------
- Do I need a fishing license?
- No, you do not need a fishing license on our trips!
- I have my own equipment - what kind of gear do I need to bring?
- If you are bringing your own equipment, please bring equipment designed for fishing in 200-250 ft water depth.
- Can you provide me with fishing gear, bait and tackle?
- Bait is included in the price. We rent special deep water rod and reel packages for $15.00 per person, available upon purchasing your tickets.
- -----------------------------------WHAT SHOULD I BRING?-------------------------------------
- Can I bring my own food and drinks? What about alcohol?
- Yes, you may bring your own food and drinks with you, and we do have a microwave on the boat. No hard alcohol is permitted on board, but you may bring beer with you (one 6-pack per person). Keep in mind that no food or drinks will be available for purchase on board, and the trip is long! Bring enough food to last the entire 18 hours.
- What kinds of food and drinks are available on board?
- There will not be any food or drinks available for purchase on board, so please bring your own with you! Complimentary coffee will be available on the boat.
- Can I bring a cooler on board?
- Yes, feel free to bring a small cooler with you.
- Can I take a stroller on board?
- Yes, strollers are welcome on board.
- Can I smoke on the boats?
- We don't permit smoking in the cabin, but you may smoke on the stern of the boat as long as the other guests aren't disturbed!
- How much should I tip the crew?
- They do work on tips, so feel free to tip the crew much like you would a server in a restaurant.
- Will there be souvenirs available for purchase?
- No souvenirs on board but we do sell teeshirts, jewelry, toys, hats, and sweatshirts at the dock as well as disposable cameras, field guides, lip balm and sunblock. Souvenirs range from $5 - $45.
- How much cash should I bring?
- Bring enough for a tip for the mates.
- ---------------------------------QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BOAT---------------------------
- What boat will we be on?
- This trip will take place on the 100 ft Atlantic Star. The boat has state of the art technology and features a large sun deck with upper deck seating. It is licensed for 170 passengers.
- Are there bathrooms on the boat?
- Yes, we have both a women's and men's bathroom on board for your convenience.
- Do you have life jackets on board?
- Yes, we are US Coast Guard regulated and have enough life jackets on board for every passenger. However, you are not required to wear one.
- What else is there to do around the meeting spot?
- There is a fresh seafood market and take out called Little Kurtz at the dock.
- Is seasickness an issue? What do you recommend?
- Seasickness is only an issue if you are susceptible to motion sickness. We recommend using "seabands." We have seabands as well as dramamine at the dock for purchase if you are particularly prone to motion sickness.
- Are there bunks on board?
- Yes, we have what are called "day bunks," which are just like regular bunks. Bring a sleeping bag and any other bedding you will require with you.
- Is there shade on the boat?
- Yes, we have an inside cabin that will protect you from the elements if need be.
- ------------------PRIVATE CHARTERS AND GIFT CERTIFICATES-----------------------
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes. If you're interested in a gift certificate, please click “Contact JJCBoats” and let us know what you would like!
- Do you offer group fishing charters?
- Yes, we do offer private fishing charters. If you're interested in a private group charter, please click “Contact JJCBoats” to let us know what you're interested in. Someone from our staff will contact you shortly.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Participants must have a rod and tackle to fish on the trip.
- Participants fishing on the trip must have a rod and tackle suitable for the day's fishing, which are not included in the regular price of the trip. If you do not have your own, you can rent equipment either upon purchasing your tickets or at our shop prior to departure. If you do not plan to fish, you must still purchase a full-priced ticket in order to attend.
- The trip is not appropriate for pregnant women or children under 6.
- For safety reasons, pregnant women should not attend. Children under 6 are not recommended to attend because the trip requires a mature attention span, but their attendance is at parents' discretion. All children must have a regular standard priced ticket in order to attend.
The Starlight Fleet has been offering South Jersey extraordinary dolphin and whale watching as well as the Sunset Buffet Dinner Cruise for 23 years. You can experience those tours on our 100 foot, air conditioned Atlantic Star!