Experience true relaxation on this cruise aboard the Atlantic Star. You'll cruise past the US Coast Guard Base, Commercial Fishing Fleets, Cape May Harbor, The Lobster House, Fisherman's Wharf, and the Schooner "American".
Then, as the sun begins to set, you'll travel through the Cape May Canal which connects the Atlantic to the Delaware Bay. With the backdrop of Sunset Beach, the historic sunken ship, and the Cape May Point Lighthouse, you'll witness the magnificent sunset!
Your buffet dinner will include:
- Salads such as turkey Caesar wraps, potato salad, tomato salad, and seasonal fruit salad
- Entrees including shrimp scampi, pulled pork, wings, hamburgers, hotdogs & sauerkraut
- Sides such as french fries, baked beans & wedge french fries
- Desserts including brownies and sponge cake
Enjoy recorded dance music throughout the evening. The Atlantic Star will also pull in behind the Lobster House Restaurant -- join in as we do the "YMCA" together!
Soda, bottled water, beer, wine, cocktails & frozen drinks will be available at our on board bar (cash only).
What Is Not Included?
- Souvenirs and various items will also be available for purchase, from teeshirts, jewelry, toys, hats and sweatshirts to disposable cameras, field guides, lip balm and sunblock.
- Personal food items, beverages and coolers are not permitted on board. Bring extra cash with you to enjoy the on board cash bar.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Left late & it was dark
|rtodd622||Sat, Sep 13 5:30 PM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Picked up brochure for the cruise, tried using promo discount code on line, came back "invalid". Called # on brochure, & female in your office, couldn't use code either ($3.00) off per person, said to see her when arriving. Went to her in office, she said not their company on brochure, couldn't give discount! Told her that we called the number listed on brochure, so it must be the same cruise company. We were told on telephone to be at dock at 5:00. Stood in line in fish market that was extremely crowded, as it was raining outside, waiting for workers to clean boat. The worker stated that the boat was scheduled to leave at 6:00 P.M. but as it came in late, it would be late leaving. Boat left around 6:15, as it was raining & cloudy, it already was getting dark. When boat entered Delaware bay, it started to violently rock & bounce, waves went over the bow of the boat, drenching some of the people. The captain pointed out a dolphin which I couldn't see, then turned around as it was rough & getting dark. On the way back, the captain made several circles, killing time, and put on some terrible sounding, distorted blasting music. It was so distorted that we couldn't even tell what song it was and so loud, we couldn't talk to anyone at our table! The food was ok but they ran out of hot dog rolls and it took a long time to get a drink. We were just about finished dinner when the drinks came! My wife & I were very disappointed with your dinner cruise!
Starlight Fleet Rocks!!!
|MAMASON8||Sat, Sep 13 5:30 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Our third cruise with the awesome folks of the Starlight Fleet was the best one yet! Friendly, knowledgeable staff and crew, good food, excellent DJ, this Sunset Buffet Cruise had it all. We drove up from Delaware through wind and heavy rain, were late and arrived as the boat was leaving the dock. THE CAPTAIN CAME BACK FOR US!!!! We were amazed and grateful for such a kind act. The rain stopped by the time we got to Wildwood and the skies began to clear. We were treated to a double rainbow as well as a beautiful sunset. Despite the weather, we got to see some dolphins after enjoying the nice buffet. We loved doing YMCA as we passed the Lobster House, such a fun tradition! Lots of the diners onshore joined us, too. This was a great trip, our third this year but first Sunset Buffet. We highly, highly recommend this cruise and can't wait to take it again, we're bringing lots of friends next time!
Fun but just ok
|iambeck58||Sat, Sep 6 5:30 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
The dinner experience was hectic and unorganized .There was a conflict between the captain and the server over when to eat, and the server let us know he was in the right. Also a cuest at our table found mold on his hamburger bun. The buffet table was not equipped to handle the number of people, not enough napkins and tableware. But it was a fun trip and the captain spoke over the speaker to let us know what was to see on the way to the dolphins.
Nice boat ride...food not so much
|ALLZEE||Sat, Aug 30 6:00 PM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
The boat left at 6pm and was nearly full. We we told we would be called to the buffet by tables. Didn't happen. Every man for themselves. If you were at the end of the chow line, you missed out on some of the food. All gone... The ride was pleasant. We saw many dolphins. The downside was so so food and depending on where you sat, load music. We did manage to get a free glass of water since no drinks, except coffee after the meal, were included with the buffet. This was my second time on this buffet cruise. It will be my last.
Great time for the family
|ABrandon88||Fri, Aug 29 6:00 PM||Female||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
This boat cruise was beautiful. We had a great time. We are a family of adults with one child, so we thought seeing the dolphins would be exciting for our 4 year old. We didn't get to see any dolphins and it wasn't really mentioned or focused on which was disappointing especially for our little one. Overall though the boat was really fun dancing and relaxing and seeing the sunset. Definitely wish we got to see dolphins though, I have a feeling the dolphin sitings are a lot less common then the cruise describes.
|rileyxfour||Thu, Aug 28 6:00 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
The cruise itself was wonderful. We had a great time seeing the dolphins and all the sights along the coastline. The captain was friendly and very capable. One thing I would improve upon was communication. We were told we would be called to buffet by table number, we were not, and by the time we realized it was a free for all there was barely anything left. All in all it was a great time but be first in line for food.
|lsc2750||Thu, Aug 28 6:00 PM||Male||60-69||Local||Couple on a Date|
It was an excellent evening, we had a great time.
|rfletcher24||Wed, Aug 27 6:00 PM||Male||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Children had a blast and the Captain lets the kids steer the boat. Food was ok. All drinks extra!
Nice cruise. Lousy Dinner.
|peter18200||Wed, Aug 27 6:00 PM||Male||20-29||Local||Couple on a Date|
Its a nice relaxing event during the sunset . Captain of the ship is nice and tells details about capemay as your crusing. Some dolphins are seen . On the way back is a fun atmosphere. You can buy drinks and enjoy the sceneries. Do the YMCA past the lobster house. But dont count on good hot food. Its food that is brought in on a cart and is cold before you get to it. Id eat before you go. Not a diner more like a snack. Iv been on this trip 4 times now. Usually go once a summer. Its just a fun thing to do if you have dine everything else.
|barbaramarne||Tue, Aug 26 6:00 PM||Female||50-59||Local||Family With Children|
The food was ok would have been nice if sodas were included and not be asked for money at the end of the trip. Saw many dolphins , crew was great.. Look forward to another trip next august
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Yes, advanced tickets are required for this trip. Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone with either a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express. Book early to have the best shot at the day/time you prefer!
- What happens if it rains?
- We go rain or shine. In the event of severe weather that would result in the cancellation of the trip, you would be welcome to reschedule or receive a voucher for a future event.
- Do you guarantee dolphin sightings?
- Dolphin sightings are not guaranteed on our buffet dinner cruise. We usually see dolphins, but the trip is designed to be a fun, lively, music filled sunset dinner experience on the water.
- Is this trip appropriate for children 6 years old and younger?
- Yes, children of all ages enjoy our trips. Children have a reduced price, but all children must have a ticket in order to attend the cruise. Note that the first child 6 and under with an accompanying adult is free, but all other children must purchase a reduced price ticket.
- Tell me more about the Atlantic Star.
- The 100 foot Atlantic Star holds up to 170 passengers and features state of the art technology, a large sun deck with seating on the upper deck, and amenities such as an enclosed cabin and separate restrooms for ladies and gentlemen.
- Do you have life jackets on board?
- Yes, we are US Coast Guard regulated. We have well over 200 life jackets on board. However, you are not required to wear one on our vessel due to its size.
- Can I bring a cooler on board?
- No, coolers and personal food or beverage items are not permitted on the Atlantic Star. In addition to the complimentary buffet dinner, we do have a full galley with snacks, soda, bottled water, beer, wine and cocktails on board, so bring extra money with you! The galley is cash only.
- Are there bathrooms on the boat?
- Yes, we have both a women's and men's bathroom on board for your convenience.
- What is the best time to see dolphins?
- We see dolphins from April to October daily about 98% of the time.
- Is there a better time of day to see the dolphins?
- No, we see them all day long.
- How close can we get to the dolphins? Can we swim with them?
- We get within 10 feet of the dolphins, and unfortunately you are not permitted to swim with the dolphins.
- Will the boat be stopping?
- The trip is continuous; however, we do pause to watch the dolphins and other marine life.
- Is the trip wheelchair accessible?
- Usually manual wheelchairs are no problem and can be lifted on board. Electric wheelchairs, on the other hand, may not be able to fit on board. If you need more information, please click “Contact JJCBoats” and let us know details about your particular situation.
- Can I take a stroller on board?
- Yes, strollers are welcome on board.
- Is the cruise suitable for pregnant women?
- Yes, the cruise is suitable for pregnant women. Our boat is large so movement is minimal!
- How far is Wildwood from Cape May?
- Wildwood is a 15-20 minute drive from Cape May. When coming from Cape May, you will need to allow a few extra minutes for occasional drawbridge openings.
- What else is there to do around the meeting spot?
- There is a fresh seafood market and take out called Little Kurtz located at the dock.
- How far from the coast will the boat go?
- You will see land the entire trip. This trip stays inshore.
- Is seasickness an issue? What do you recommend?
- Seasickness is only an issue if you are susceptible to motion sickness. We recommend using "seabands." We have them at the dock for purchase if you are particularly prone to motion sickness.
- Is there shade on the boat?
- Yes, we have an inside cabin that will protect you from the elements if need be.
- Can I smoke on the boats?
- No, we don't permit smoking.
- Can I bring my own food and drinks? What about alcohol?
- Unfortunately you are not permitted to bring your own food and drinks on board. However, we do have a full galley and bar on board, and a complimentary dinner buffet is included on this trip. Bring extra money with you if you want to purchase additional snacks/drinks at the galley (cash only). We do not allow personal alcohol of any kind on the boat, but beer, wine and cocktails will be available for purchase.
- What kinds of food and drinks are available on board? Is anything included in the ticket price?
- This trip includes a complimentary dinner buffet and has a full cash bar on board for your convenience, selling beer, wine or cocktails.
- Will there be souvenirs available for purchase?
- Yes -- we sell teeshirts, jewelry, toys, hats, and sweatshirts on board. There will also be various items for sale including disposable cameras, field guides, lip balm and sunblock.
- How much should I tip the crew?
- They do work on tips, so feel free to tip the crew much like you would a server in a restaurant.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes, we offer gift certificates which make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Are there group rates available?
- Yes, groups of 15 or more will get an automatic discount of $5 per ticket. Just click to purchase tickets and receive your automatic price reduction!
- Do you offer group charters?
- Yes, we do offer private charters for all special occasions! If you're interested in a private group charter, please click “Contact JJCBoats” to let us know what you're interested in. Someone from our staff will contact you shortly.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- All participants must have a ticket in order to attend.
- All participants, regardless of age, must have a ticket in order to attend. Only one free child age 6 or under may attend per accompanying adult, and each additional child age 6 or under must have a reduced price ($15) ticket.
The Starlight Fleet has been offering South Jersey extraordinary dolphin and whale watching as well as the Sunset Buffet Dinner Cruise for 27 years. You can experience those tours on our 100 foot, air conditioned Atlantic Star!