This is an exclusive Charleston brewery bus tour showcasing Charleston’s microbreweries, local flavor, history and craft beer culture!
On this 3.5 hour tour, you will:
- Enjoy a guided tour of a local brewery
- Travel to 3 local microbreweries on the Brew Bus and sample delicious local brews such as “BlackBEERd” Ale and Oyster Stout, or maybe even some Pluff Mud Porter!
- Enjoy light snacks, a bottle of water, and other goodies aboard the Brew Bus
- Learn about the history of beer in Charleston and the delicious art of craft brewing.
- Join the flourishing craft beer scene
- Have the opportunity to purchase growlers at each stop.
Grab your friends and hop on board the Brew Bus to indulge in the local beer scene. The more the merrier! Cheers!!
What Is Not Included?
- Your ticket includes transportation, samples of local brews at each brewery, tour of brewery facilities, local guide, transportation, plenty of bottled water, and light snacks.
- If you would like to purchase growlers, souvenirs, or additional food, please bring extra cash.
- Are special groups and customized Brew Bus Tours available?
- Absolutely! We can tailor the tour to your needs. We accommodate groups of all sizes and for all occasions. We specialize in corporate group activities and events. Please click on the "Contact LesesneTours" link to the left of the page to get more information on our customized group tour packages and to reserve space today!
- How long is the tour?
- Approximately 3.5 hours. Please be aware this is approximate and tour may run longer if traffic/weather is challenging. We would not suggest scheduling another activity immediately following the tour.
- What is included in ticket price?
- Transportation by bus, tours of three local breweries, driver, licensed guide, beer tastings, snacks, goodies, 3.5 hour tour of three breweries, ample bottled water for group.
- Can I purchase beer to take home?
- Yes. At each brewery, everyone has a chance to buy a limited amount of beer to take home as we are tasting.
- I am under 21 years old, can I join the tour?
- NO. Unfortunately we cannot have anyone under 21 on the tour. All patrons MUST have valid picture ID to attend. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you show up without proper ID, you will not be allowed on the tour and tickets are non-refundable. There are no exceptions to this policy.
- What happens if it rains when my tour is scheduled?
- All tours operate as scheduled, rain or shine, so bring an umbrella or your rain gear with you if the forecast calls for rain. Our coastal weather systems vary quite a bit from those inland, even just a few miles away. Often times the precipitous clouds will dissipate when they hit the coast, resulting in very thin, patchy rain. The majority of the pub tour is conducted inside the pubs or on the Brew Bus. The best thing to do is to come prepared just in case.
- Who is Lesesne Tour Company and what do they do?
- Lesesne Tour Company was founded in 2009 and specializes in historic pub crawls in Charleston, SC. We are proud to be a company who supports environmental sustainability by donating a portion of our profits to help fight global warming and promote eco-friendly practices.
- Are tours for bachelor/bachelorette parties available?
- Yes! If you are interested in having a bachelor/bachelorette party on the tour, please click on the "Contact LesesneTours" link to inquire further.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes. If you're interested in a gift certificate, please let us know by clicking on the "Contact LesesneTours" link and someone will get back to you shortly.
- Do I tip the guide?
- Sure. Whatever you think is appropriate, just like with your favorite restaurant service staff; although, in this case, the staff is entertaining and enlightening the group for hours at a time!
- Will I get a confirmation number? How do I get my tickets?
- You will receive a ticket code when you purchase tickets online or over the phone; please bring this number or your printed e-ticket with you when you arrive for your tour.
- Where do I park?
- If you are going to be drinking, please do not plan to drive. If you are bringing a designated driver who is parking in the area, there are several hourly parking garages and flat-rate parking lots in the immediate area. There is a parking garage located near the Rainbow Market building, on the corner of Church and Cumberland Streets; the entrance is on Cumberland Street right across from the Powder Magazine.
- Where does the tour finish?
- The ending point of the tour varies, but it is never more than a few blocks from our starting point. The tour guide is always happy to walk you back to the starting point if you would like.
- Are there discounts for groups?
- Yes, any groups of 10 or more people will automatically get $2 off per person.
- Are drinks included in the ticket price?
- Tastings are included at each brewery. If you would like to purchase growlers to take home, be sure to bring extra cash! Guests are able to purchase up to two growlers at each brewery.
- How many breweries do we visit?
- On this tour, we visit 3 breweries total and your ticket includes tastings at each one!
- Is the Brew Bus handicapped accessible?
- It varies on a case by case basis. Please contact us directly if you would like to discuss your specific situation by clicking the "Contact LesesneTours" link to the left of the page.
- What kind of snacks and goodies will be provided on the Brew Bus?
- Each person will receive a snack pack with pretzels, potato chips, peanuts, and cheese straws. Plenty of bottled water will also be provided free of charge!
- Which breweries do we visit?
- The breweries we visit vary depending on date and time of the tour. However, we will always visit 3 breweries, and it is guaranteed to be a great time!
- Can I drink on the Brew Bus?
- Yes! If you purchase growlers at the brewery, you are more than welcome to drink the on the Brew Bus. However, the tour guide reserves the right to refuse alcohol service to anyone who is unruly or disruptive of the tour.
- Can I bring my own alcohol on the tour?
- No, we do not allow outside alcoholic beverages on the tour. However, tastings are provided at each brewery and guests can purchase growlers to take home or enjoy on the bus!
- Non-refundable, can be rescheduled with 24 hours notice.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded. You may reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) only if you do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- All tour participants must be ages 21 and up.
- All tours are limited to participants ages 21 and up because of age policies at the pubs we will be visiting. Please make sure to bring valid government issued identification with you.
- Please drink responsibly.
- Please do not plan to drive if you are going to be drinking alcohol. We reserve the right to dismiss any person from the tour who does not act responsibly in any way while on the tour. Please, be safe and responsible! We want you to enjoy your time with us.
Lesesne Tour Company, LLC
Based out of Charleston, South Carolina, we now offer a variety of walking tours and other specialized tours, and we continue to expand our range of activities, throughout the southeastern United States.
Check out our one-of-a-kind Pub Tour of Charleston, a fun and unique tour which includes pubs with rooftop views of the historic city, old taverns frequented by pirates, breweries haunted by ghosts, a dose of history, and a chance to sample some of the area’s micro-brews on tap.
Our Martini tours highlight Charleston's southern cuisine and are a more upscale version of the pub tour.
Brewery Bus Tours celebrate southern craft beer culture and the flourishing micro-brewery industry in Charleston!
French quarter walks take you through the history of the French Huguenots and their influence in early Charleston.
Come see why so many consider a Lesesne Tour to be the highlight of their trip!