Come explore history through Charleston's best martini bars. Sample a taste of Charleston's most well-known southern hors d'oeuvres included on the tour. Treat yourself to some specialty martinis, Firefly sweet tea vodka, or the famous "Nitro-tini"! Enjoy Charleston's exciting nightlife while hearing tales of Charleston from local guides.
These are some of Charleston’s most exclusive places—the ones that most visitors would never even know about on their own!
Come join us and:
- Try the famous "Nitro-tini" cooled with liquid nitrogen in a wide variety of flavors.
- Get your healthy dose of Charleston’s history from the martini bars and former speakeasies, to the rooftop wine bar overlooking the magnificent harbor.
- Enjoy complimentary tasty southern hors d'oeuvres, like fried green tomatoes and crab stuffed mushrooms, which are served along the way.
- Indulge yourself in southern drinks such as Sweet Tea Vodka, Key lime Martinis, Chocolate Raspberry Martinis, Planters Punch & Mint Juleps.
So skip the long carriage lines and crowded tours with inexperienced guides, and come take an unforgettable tour, create lifelong memories, and take your vacation to the next level--a true Charleston experience!
What Is Not Included?
- How is the Martini Tour different from the Original Pub Tour?
- The Martini Tour is essentially an upscale version of the Pub Tour.
- How much food is provided on the tour and what kind of appetizers will there be?
- Appetizers such as fried green tomatoes and crab stuffed mushrooms will be provided along the tour route. The appetizers are typically provided at two out of the three to five places visited on the tour. It is enough to take the edge off your hunger before your dinner and should not be considered a replacement for dinner. The portions are considered "appetizer" portions, but definitely enough to provide a sample of some southern cuisine and--especially on this tour--most consider it to be an ample amount of appetizer portions for each guest on the tour. If given advance notice, we can accommodate vegetarians, some food allergies, and other food requests, so please let us know ahead of time if any of these apply to you (in a "message to the seller" upon booking).
- What are your tour times and where do they depart?
- All tours depart from the Rainbow Market building on North Market Street. We do all tours by advance booking through Zerve, so please buy tickets online or call in advance to secure your spot on the tour. We can tailor tours and times for larger groups, so please contact us via the "Contact LesesneTours" link and we can assist you with your personal needs.
- What happens if it rains when my tour is scheduled?
- All tours operate as scheduled, rain or shine, so bring an umbrella or your rain gear with you if the forecast calls for rain. Our coastal weather systems vary quite a bit from those inland, even just a few miles away. Often times the precipitous clouds will dissipate when they hit the coast, resulting in very thin, patchy rain. The majority of the tour is conducted inside the martini bars, but the total walking distance during the course of the tour is about 6-10 city blocks, so there is a small amount of time spent outside. The best thing to do is to come prepared just in case.
- How much money should I bring?
- Bring plenty of cash for the bars. Martinis tend to be a little more expensive than your average bar drink. The "Nitro-tini" is the a famous martini made with liquid nitrogen & is priced between $16 and $20 per martini. The bartenders have to have a special license to be able to handle the liquid nitrogen! It's amazing!
- Is there a dress code?
- Yes, we recommend adhering to a "dressy-casual" dress code. Men are asked to wear collared shirts and no flip flops. Women may wear any type of sandal.
- Is it appropriate for children or those under 21?
- The tour is definitely not appropriate for children; only those who are 21 years old and older with a valid I.D. will be admitted into the establishments.
- Where does the tour go and how long does it last?
- The tour goes through the oldest section of historic Charleston, highlighting some of the specialty martini bars in the area. Walking, we'll taste our way through the city, visiting between three and five places, with appetizers included at two of the places we go. We'll walk through the French Quarter Art district while hearing a historical narrative about Charleston and about the places we visit. The tour usually lasts between 2 and 2.5 hours. Many guests make dinner reservations for two and a half hours after the tour begins. Please let us know about your reservations in a "message to the seller" upon booking, and we can accommodate you---perhaps even end the tour close to the restaurant where you have those reservations.
- Who is Lesesne Tour Company and what do they do?
- Lesesne Tour Company was founded in 2009 and specializes in historic pub crawls in Charleston, SC. We are proud to be a company who supports environmental sustainability by donating a portion of our profits to help fight global warming and promote eco-friendly practices.
- Are tours for bachelor/bachelorette parties available?
- Yes! If you are interested in having a bachelor/bachelorette party on the tour, please click on the "Contact LesesneTours" link to inquire further.
- Are private tours or group tours available?
- Yes! Private tours of any length and virtually any group size are available. We specialize in group tours for birthdays, celebrations, and bachelor/bachelorette parties. We can cater to any of your needs for all of those occasions. Please click on the "Contact LesesneTours" link to inquire about setting up a private tour.
- How much walking is there on the tour?
- We will walk a total distance of between 6 and 10 city blocks during the tour. Don't worry because we usually stop about every three to four blocks for a refreshing beverage.
- How many establishments will we visit?
- We will usually have time to visit between 3 and 5 places in the course of the 2 - 2.5 hour tour. We will have appetizers at two out of the three to five places.
- Is the tour route handicapped accessible?
- Generally, the tour is not handicap accessible. However, some of the locations we visit are wheelchair accessible whereas others may be more difficult. Please do contact us via the "Contact LesesneTours" link to inquire about accessibility -- we may be able to alter the tour route to better accommodate you. But please contact us ahead of time to make sure this option is available.
- Do I tip the guide?
- Sure. Whatever you think is appropriate, just like with your favorite restaurant service staff; although, in this case, the staff is entertaining and enlightening the group for hours at a time!
- Will I get a confirmation number? How do I get my tickets?
- You will receive a confirmation number when you purchase tickets online or over the phone; please bring this number or your printed e-ticket with you when you arrive for your tour.
- Where do I park?
- Parking meters are numerous in the downtown area, though you may have to park a few blocks away to find one. They are free after 6:00pm and Sundays/Holidays. There are also several hourly parking garages and flat-rate parking lots in the immediate area. There is a parking garage located near the Rainbow Market building, on the corner of Church and Cumberland Streets; the entrance is on Cumberland Street right across from the Powder Magazine.
- Where does the tour finish?
- The ending point of the tour varies, but it is never more than a few blocks from our starting point. The tour guide is always happy to walk you back to the starting point if you would like.
- Are there discounts for groups?
- At this time, we do not offer a group discount for the Martini Tour. We have a maximum of eight people on each tour because we like to keep group size small for a more personalized experience.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes. If you're interested in a gift certificate, please let us know by clicking on the "Contact LesesneTours" link and someone will get back to you shortly.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Participants must be 21 and older with a valid ID.
- All guests must be 21 and older with a valid ID to attend this activity. No exceptions!
- Please drink responsibly.
- Please do not plan to drive if you are going to be drinking alcohol. We reserve the right to dismiss any person from the tour who does not act responsibly in any way while on the tour. Please, be safe and responsible! We want you to enjoy your time with us.
Lesesne Tour Company, LLC
Based out of Charleston, South Carolina, we now offer a variety of walking tours and other specialized tours, and we continue to expand our range of activities, throughout the southeastern United States.
Check out our one-of-a-kind Pub Tour of Charleston, a fun and unique tour which includes pubs with rooftop views of the historic city, old taverns frequented by pirates, breweries haunted by ghosts, a dose of history, and a chance to sample some of the area’s micro-brews on tap. Our Martini tours highlight Charleston's southern cuisine and are a more upscale version of the pub tour. French quarter walks take you through the history of the French Huguenots and their influence in early Charleston.
Come see why so many consider a Lesesne Tour to be the highlight of their trip!