Enjoy spooky tales from local guides and a sample of Charleston nightlife while sampling fresh lowcountry beer! We know what to do, where to go, what's happening in the city every night, and how to have a good time.
Take the Haunted Pub Crawl, a walking, bar hopping adventure into the soul of the city—its drinking establishments and its deepest, darkest unknown secrets!
On this tour:
- Experience a slice of Charleston's haunted pubs, off the beaten path, & see what the Charleston local beer scene has to offer!
- In Charleston, there are two different sides to the city--one with the "touristy" places, and the other, with the locals spots! Let us introduce you to OUR Charleston on the Haunted Nightlife Pub Crawl!
- It's like having a friend, who lives here, take you around to all the great local beer places, tell you fascinating ghost stories, and really show you their city, in all its glory and with all its amazing hisory to boot!
Enjoy our designated driver 100% rebate incentive -- for groups of 4 or more, your designated driver will get a full rebate for their ticket at the end of the tour if they have not consumed alcohol!
What Is Not Included?
- Why wouldn't I just go to the bars on my own?
- The places we go are hard to find local spots that know us well and give us deals on prices, preferential treatment, etc. You also have the luxury of a guide! Your guide acts as your personal concierge & will tell you everything you need to know about Charleston. It's like having a friend show you around their town & takes all the guess-work out of knowing where to go.
- How is this different than the Original Pub Tour?
- This tour is similar to our Original Pub Tour but with no frills, no food, no historic narratives, just lots of fun in the city's social scene, at a fraction of the price, with a guide showing you where to go & what to do.
- What is the Designated Driver 100% Rebate Incentive and how does it work?
- We offer 100% rebate for the cost of the tour to the designated driver in your group. Only good for groups of at least four or more people. At the end of the tour, as long as your designated driver has not had alcohol, your guide will give you the rebate for the full ticket price paid!
- How many pubs/bars do we visit?
- The average is between 5 and 8 bars/pubs but this depends on many factors and varies a bit with each tour.
- How much money should I bring?
- We recommend bringing at least $20 for a drink at each venue.
- Can we purchase food along the way?
- Unfortunately no - there really won't be the time to sit down and have food at any of the venues we stop at.
- From where do tours depart?
- All walking tours depart from the Rainbow Market building on North Market Street. We do all tours by advance booking through Zerve, so please buy tickets online or call in advance to secure your spot on the tour. We can tailor tours and times for larger groups, so please contact us via the "Contact LesesneTours" link and we can assist you with your personal needs.
- Is it appropriate for children or those under 21?
- The Nightlife Pub Crawl is definitely not appropriate for children; only those who are 21 years old and older with a valid I.D. will be admitted into the establishments.
- Where does the tour go and how long does it last?
- The Nightlife Pub Crawl is conducted throughout the heart of Charleston's Historic District. On average, we visit 5 to 8 places during the 2 hour tour; it depends on the timeliness of the group. We recommend you bring extra cash to avoid waiting on tabs to be closed out at each place. If there’s a particular place you’d like to visit, please give any special requests upon buying your tickets; we will do our best to accommodate the needs of everyone.
- What happens if it rains when my tour is scheduled?
- All tours operate as scheduled, rain or shine, so bring an umbrella or your rain gear with you if the forecast calls for rain. Our coastal weather systems vary quite a bit from those inland, even just a few miles away. Often times the precipitous clouds will dissipate when they hit the coast, resulting in very thin, patchy rain. The majority of the tour is conducted inside, but the total walking distance during the course of the tour averages about 8 city blocks so there is a small amount of time spent outside. The best thing to do is to come prepared just in case.
- Who is Lesesne Tour Company and what do they do?
- Lesesne Tour Company was founded in 2009 and specializes in historic pub crawls in Charleston, SC. We are proud to be a company who supports environmental sustainability by donating a portion of our profits to help fight global warming and promote eco-friendly practices.
- Are tours for bachelor/bachelorette parties available?
- Yes! If you are interested in having a bachelor/bachelorette party on the tour, please click on the "Contact LesesneTours" link to inquire further.
- Are private tours or group tours available?
- Yes! Private tours of any length and virtually any group size are available for the Nightlife Pub Crawl. We specialize in group tours for birthdays, celebrations, and bachelor/bachelorette type pub crawls. We can cater to any of your needs for all of those occasions. Please click on the "Contact LesesneTours" link to inquire about setting up a private tour.
- Is the tour route handicapped accessible?
- Generally, the tour is not handicap accessible. However, some of the locations we visit are wheelchair accessible whereas others may be more difficult. Please do contact us via the"Contact LesesneTours" link to inquire about accessibility -- we may be able to alter the tour route to better accommodate you. But please contact us ahead of time to make sure this option is available.
- Do I tip the guide?
- Sure. Whatever you think is appropriate, just like with your favorite restaurant service staff; although, in this case, the staff is entertaining and enlightening the group for hours at a time!
- Will I get a confirmation number? How do I get my tickets?
- You will receive a confirmation number when you purchase tickets online or over the phone; please bring this number or your printed e-ticket with you when you arrive for your tour.
- Where do I park?
- Parking meters are numerous in the downtown area, though you may have to park a few blocks away to find one. They are free after 6:00pm and Sundays/Holidays. There are also several hourly parking garages and flat-rate parking lots in the immediate area. There is a parking garage located near the Rainbow Market building, on the corner of Church and Cumberland Streets; the entrance is on Cumberland Street right across from the Powder Magazine.
- Where does the tour finish?
- The ending point of the tour varies, but it is never more than a few blocks from our starting point. The tour guide is always happy to walk you back to the starting point if you would like.
- Are there discounts for groups?
- For groups of 10 or more, we offer a $2.00 off discount per ticket. We do often sell out in advance, so if you have a group, please let us know so we can best accomodate your needs.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes. If you're interested in a gift certificate, please let us know by clicking on the "Contact LesesneTours" link and someone will get back to you shortly.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- All tour participants must be ages 21 and up.
- All tours are limited to participants ages 21 and up because of age policies at the pubs we will be visiting. Please make sure to bring valid government issued identification with you.
- Please drink responsibly.
- Please do not plan to drive if you are going to be drinking alcohol. We reserve the right to dismiss any person from the tour who does not act responsibly in any way while on the tour. Please, be safe and responsible! We want you to enjoy your time with us.
Lesesne Tour Company, LLC
Our mission is to create an exclusive tour by providing a totally unique experience for Charleston's visitors--those who seek a BETTER way to immerse themselves in the true southern charm & culture found here today.
Come see first-hand why our tours are considered, by so many, to be the highlight of their trip.