On this tour you'll delve into the history of chocolate, pastries and wine while you enjoy a guided walking and tasting tour with visits to select eateries, bakeries, and cafes.
Taste a wide variety of treats, including:
- Artisanal chocolates
- Decadent pastries & desserts
- Root beer & beer sampling!
- Wine (from Cedar Creek Winery, Of course!)
If you love to sample delicious desserts, want to discover hidden shopping gems, and appreciate the story behind this historic community, then bring your friends and join us for this decadent experience designed to show off the Cedarburg that you've never known before!
Celebrating our 6th anniversary, we are Milwaukee's premier, original and award-winning tour company. Our tours provide the ideal combination of food, culture and history too! Please note that the City of Cedarburg is located 30 minutes north of downtown Milwaukee, conveniently just a few minutes off of I-43.
Tour Length – Less than one mile, with plenty of walking breaks and opportunities to sit down along the way. For private groups, we are able to arrange for plenty of shopping opportunities along the way as well at local business establishments as well.
Time Commitment – Between 2 - 2.5 hours, depending on the pace of the group
What Is Not Included?
- Is advance purchase required? Is cash accepted?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance, as space is limited per tour. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. Cash is not accepted.
- What happens if it rains or snows?
- The tours are held rain, shine or snow! As each of the establishments in this area are located within a short walk of each other, we encourage you to dress for the weather but please know that we will go inside all of the establishments on the tour while dining. You should dress appropriately for the day's weather conditions. In the extremely rare event that the tour has to be canceled, you will be able to reschedule to another time or receive credit for a future event.
- If a food tour is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- We do not provide a waiting list. If a date and time is sold out, there is always a chance that we will add an additional tour on that day. Please click “Contact MKEFoodTours” to let us know what date you are interested in.
- What is the maximum number of people per tour?
- In order to provide an intimate, personalized experience, the tour is limited to 16 people per tour guide.
- How much food is served on the tour? What sort of food will I be sampling?
- The tour contains 6 stops for tastings, and the foods we sample usually include specialities of the various establishments - an eclectic items desired by any foodie - along with Milwaukee-brewed beer, wine and chocolate. Keep in mind that food-tasting locations vary from tour to tour and may change without notice. Enough food is served that dinner is not necessary afterwards.
- Are beverages provided?
- Yes, wine made in Wisconsin and Milwaukee brewed beer are included on this tour. For underage participants or those uninterested in alcoholic drinks, root beer or lemonade is offered. In addition, several of the tasting locations sell beverages. Remember to bring cash with you if you want to purchase extra beverages!
- What about dietary restrictions?
- We will do our best to accommodate any dietary restrictions provided we are aware of them in advance. For those with nut allergies, note that we provide a nut free tour. Please notify us of any dietary restrictions you have upon purchasing your tickets. However, because our samples are supplied by restaurants and have been determined in advance, we may not be able to make substitutions for all of the selections. If you have further questions, please click “Contact “MKEFoodTours” to inquire.
- Do we just walk around and sample food?
- Absolutely not! Milwaukee has a wonderful, rich history. Visitors learn the history of the city and learn about the many ethnic influences that shaped our great city. Aside from sampling delicious food, you will also be provided with cultural insight of the neighborhoods. The tour is fully narrated by your guide, who will discuss history, culture, architecture, and entertainment offerings..
- What restaurants do we visit on the tour?
- It's a surprise! We will visit a variety of excellent restaurants, but do keep in mind that the tour routes and thereby the exact restaurants we visit may vary from tour to tour.
- How much walking is included?
- Tours generally last between 2 and 2.5 hours depending on the pace of our group. The walk is less than one mile, we walk at a moderate pace, and we sit to eat at most restaurants.
- Can I bring children on the tour?
- We offer an adolescent ticket, and children ages 7 and younger may come on the tour free of charge. Please do notify us if you will be bringing any children ages 7 or younger upon purchasing your tickets. Keep in mind that we will be discussing cultural history, and much of the tour is walking, eating and socializing. Please consider whether your children will enjoy the tour and whether it is appropriate for them.
- Can I shop on the tour?
- We ask that you please wait to shop until after the tour so that we can stay on schedule and continue with the informative tour and food tastings in a timely manner. We recommend that you allow time at the end of the tour to return to your favorite locations and/or stores. For private group tours, additional time for shopping can be incorporated into the tour per your advance request to do so.
- Does the tour end at the same place we meet?
- No, the tour does not finish at the exact same starting point however it does end within 2 blocks of the starting point. Your guide will provide detailed return directions.
- Is the tour wheelchair and baby stroller accessible?
- Yes, our tour routes and food tasting establishments are wheelchair accessible and baby stroller friendly.
- Are bathrooms available during the tour?
- Yes, bathrooms are available during the tour at selected food-tasting locations.
- Is there parking near to the tour's meeting point?
- Yes, there is parking located near the meeting point. Specific parking details are included in the meeting location directions after purchasing.
- Does this tour have anything to offer a native Milwaukeean?
- Definitely! Many of our attendees live right here in Milwaukee. Locals often attend to learn about the neighborhoods and the city in which they live. Our knowledgeable guides will tell you exciting secrets about the city and perhaps introduce you to new favorites!
- Are cameras allowed?
- Yes, visitors are allowed and encouraged to take pictures at any of the establishments we visit.
- Are pets allowed?
- Due to the policies of the various food establishments we visit, pets are not allowed on this tour.
- Are tours offered only in English?
- Yes, we only offer tours in English at this time. Please click “Contact MKEFoodTours” if you would like to make arrangements for your own interpreter to join the tour.
- Does the tour leader accept gratuities?
- Gratuities are greatly appreciated, although not mandatory.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Give the gift of exploring the sights and flavors of Milwaukee's most historic and delicious neighborhoods with a gift certificate for a Milwaukee Food Tour experience! These make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, or simply to say "Thank You" or "Welcome to Your New Home." The recipient selects their tour route of choice plus schedules the tour at a time convenient to their schedule. The guided, narrated walking tour price of $45 per person includes all food, beverages, taxes and shipping cost. For complete details and to purchase a gift certificate, please email email@example.com
- Do you offer private tours?
- Yes! Private tours and step-on guide service is available for large groups. Please click “Contact MKEFoodTours” to inquire further.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- All participants 21 and older must bring valid ID.
- We require a valid ID proving you are 21 or older to participate in the beer and wine sampling portions of the tour. Please make sure you have it with you as the vendors will need to verify this information before you can participate in the alcohol tastings!
Milwaukee Food Tours
We are Milwaukee's original - and award winning - food tour. I am a Certified Tourism Ambassador (CTA), an alumna of Future Milwaukee 2009 and have served as a culinary speaker at a number of tourism-related conferences. We even recently won the 2010 Governor's Rising Star in Tourism Award! Credentials aside, at Milwaukee Food Tours, our passion is firmly rooted in food and in Milwaukee.
We are proud of two pieces of commentary often provided by our attendees: “I’ve lived here my entire life and never explored Milwaukee like I did today” and “I was expecting a tasting but this was a full meal!” Whether you are a Milwaukee native, visiting the city on your own or traveling as part of group, you will not be disappointed. We consider our tours a progressive meal with a side of history.
Stories from Milwaukee's culinary scene are plentiful, and I invite you to immerse yourself into our culture in a fun and intimate way by experiencing a Milwaukee Food Tour. Come hungry, and be inspired!