Nothing is quite as spectacular as Kapalua in the Summertime here on Maui.
Join us on our Escapade tour to experience an unforgettable adventure to the world famous Honolua Bay. This tour is only offered during the summer to ensure that you will enjoy the crisp sunrise cresting over the top of the West Maui mountain peaks, as we discover beauty above and below the waterline. Crystal clear waters, warm pineapple breezes, unexpected wild spinner dolphins and maybe even a brief tropical shower can all make themselves part of a day on Escapade with Maui Eco Tours.
This 3-hour Escapade adventure includes:
- Comprehensive briefing of proper paddling techniques and snorkeling tips
- 35 min kayak paddle out on Fleming Beach
- Magnificent views of the warm sunrise against the bright indigo waters
- Snorkeling in two different locations
- Spotting wonderful marine life, such as: turtles, eels, octopus, colorful tropical fish, dolphins, and even the occasional small white tip reef shark
- Kayak paddle to Honolua Bay
Come see Kapalua's stunning water scenery in a completely environmentally friendly way. Unlike the big snorkel boats, our kayaks have zero emissions, don't disturb the marine life or their environment and allow us to access some unique spots that you normally can't get to. It's a peaceful and beautiful way to start your day on Maui. Let us show you how we do it at Maui Eco Tours. We guarantee you'll love it!
What Is Not Included?
- Paddle & snorkel gear provided
- Snakes and beverages will also be included.
- Gratuity for your tour guide, bottled water, towels, prescription snorkel masks, wetsuits, sandals, and taxes are not included in the ticket price.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is required, as space is limited per tour. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets can be purchased using a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
- What happens if it rains?
- Our tours usually run in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, however, if we cancel the trip in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Is there an age limit for children?
- Yes, this trip is primarily designed for adults, but attendees ages 16 and older are welcome to participate. Please check out our Discovery Kayak & Snorkel Tour if you have children under 16.
- What should I wear/bring along?
- We recommend you come wearing a swimsuit and sandals (flip-flops are fine). Additionally, please bring a bottle of water, towel, sunscreen and sunglasses. Optional items you may choose to bring include a hat and a disposable underwater camera.
- Are there any height and/or weight requirements?
- Not precisely, no. We have kayaks that can accommodate up to 550 lbs of weight and the tallest of tall people and thus this isn't a huge concern. Being tall isn't an issue for our advanced tours, but it's a good idea to be a healthy adult who enjoys the idea of getting out, getting some exercise and potentially challenging yourself depending upon the conditions on the day of your trip. Our intro tours are meant to cater to anyone and we welcome you joining us, no matter you particular situation! Let's get out there and see the scenery!
- What exactly will we do on the tour?
- You will kayak and snorkel at two stops. On the tours we will typically see tons of turtles, beautiful tropical fish in a stunning array of colors, and perhaps some dolphins. You will also see the beautiful Hawaiian sunrise. Throughout your time with us, our guides will share stories, legends and local knowledge all delivered with the charm, energy and charisma that only our staff offers.
- Are pets allowed?
- We love pets, but unfortunately pets are not allowed on our tours. We are unable to accommodate the unique needs of pets at this time. If you would like to bring a service animal, please contact us directly by clicking on the "Contact MauiEcoTours" link to the left of the page.
- Is the tour suitable for pregnant women?
- Depending on how far along you are in your pregnancy this may or may not be appropriate for you. We suggest consulting with your doctor before attending the trip. If you were allowed to board the plane, this trip will be just fine for you. The biggest concern will be how comfortable you are will getting on and off the kayaks.
- Will there be a guide kayaking and snorkeling with us?
- Yes of course! Our small staff of guides carries years of experience and they are the best in the business, bar none. They'll give you instruction on correct paddling and snorkeling techniques and be right in the water alongside you all day.
- I'm not a great swimmer, can I still come?
- You're welcome to come! We frequently have guests join us that aren't great swimmers and even some that don't swim at all! The key thing is that you can't be afraid of the water. We do require guests to wear Life Preservers during the kayaking portions of the trip and many guests choose to continue wearing them during the snorkeling as well. So even if you're not a great swimmer, you can participate, just so long as you're not afraid of the water and/or ocean.
- Do I need to have kayaked before to enjoy this trip?
- No, we cater to beginners, but this is an intermediate level trip. Due to the nature of our trip and the type of kayaks we use, basic experience in kayaking is recommended for the trip.
- Are the waters safe?
- Absolutely! The Escapade tour takes place on calm and warm indigo waters that surround the Hawaiian Islands. Our experienced guides will also be with you every step of the way.
- Will I see sharks in the water?
- We've never had an issue with sharks on our trips before. The ocean is a natural environment, there are sharks that you will want and will not want to see. Chances of you seeing an unfriendly shark are highly unlike. It is likely for you to see friendly sharks, such as a white tip shark. White tip sharks are small, shy and are absolutely not a threat to humans.
- Can I bring my own food and beverages?
- Yes recommend you have a small breakfast before joining us in the morning, since we do not provide breakfast. You may bring extra food for lunch, but our tours include a snack and beverages.
- Can we bring our own snorkel gear?
- Absolutely! You are welcome to bring anything you'd like and that certainly includes snorkeling gear. We recommend you bring anything of your own that you'd like to use and if you're missing any essential gear, we'll fill in the gaps for you.
- Is gratuity included in the ticket price?
- Tips for our tour guides are not included in the price and are not mandatory, but are always appreciated.
- How far out will we go out in the water?
- The kayaking distance depends on the ocean conditions. We usually don't go beyond the group's comfort level. Everyday and trip is different. We generally try to cater to the group's overall athletic ability.
- Do I have to wear a life vest?
- For safety reasons we require that life jackets or personal flotation device be worn at all times during the kayak paddle. You are not required to wear them while snorkeling.
- Do I have to sign a liability waiver to participate in the tour?
- Yes, all adults ages 16 and older must sign waivers.
- Will I get seasick?
- People have gotten seasick before, but the great majority make it through the experience without getting sick. If you are prone to motion sickness, you may want to consider taking preventative measures beforehand.
- What time does the tour end?
- Around 11am or so. All of our tours generally end around 10:15-11:30am. That said, things can run a bit longer if we don't get out on time, so it's important to arrive on time for check-in.
- Do you require or offer wet suits?
- No. We find that most all guests don't need wetsuits and thus we don't actually offer them. The water temperature fluctuates a bit depending upon the season, but it is usually in the upper 70's or low 80's. That said, if you are someone that gets cold easily or you simply would like to wear a wetsuit, most all of the local dive shops do rent and sell such equipment. We always recommend Maui Dive Shop as they have the most locations and excellent service.
- I wear glasses, how do I snorkel?
- A prescription optical mask. Due to the enormous range of potential prescriptions we don't offer optical snorkel masks. As we do with wetsuits, we recommend you visit any of the local dive shops to rent a prescription mask. They will be able to get you just the right fit and optical power so that you best enjoy the sights that are seen on our tours.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes. Our tours make a great gift for any occasion! Please click on the "Contact MauiEcoTours" link to the left and let us know about your interest in a gift certificate.
- How can I book a private charter or custom tour?
- To learn more about a private tour, click on the "Contact MauiEcoTours" link to the left and tell us your group size and custom tour ideas. We can price a special trip for you.
- Non-refundable, can be rescheduled with 24 hours notice.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded. You may reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) only if you do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- All participants must sign a waiver.
- All participants are required to sign a liability waiver before taking the tour. Participates ages 16 and older must sign the liability wavier. Children under 16 are not allowed on the tour. The liability waiver is for safety precautions and to confirm every participant's good health conditions for snorkeling and kayaking.
Maui Eco Tours
The talent runs deep at Maui Eco Tours. Our entire staff consists of just a few guides - That means they don't have other jobs and other things they are focused on. That means that our guests get simply the very best experience possible on any type of snorkeling tour in Hawaii. No other companies have full time dedicated guides that run their show. Most others farm out their work to whomever is available or on island. Many companies have a whole different staff each season, which means their "guides" are just as new to the island as YOU are as a visitor! At Maui Eco Tours, our guides are the difference.
By the same token we ensure that our prices are as competitive as possible. If you look hard you may occasionally find a price slightly below ours. We are firm believers in "you get what you pay for". We strive to charge fair prices in exchange for incredible personal attention and fun. Prices can always be lower using some economies of scale, but as I've laid out in this letter, we don't feel our customers want to be part of someone's "economies of scale" on vacation.
We are based here in Maui, however our customers usually aren't, and so we take extra time to ensure your protection. After all, it's your vacation and we want you to go home with the best experience possible.
Mahalo for your time and we look forward to hosting you and your loved ones!