The A2B electric bike has been described as having a “sleek, mountain bike body and full suspension, but in the end, it will be the scooter-like power that wins you over.”
With our special flat-rate rental, you'll be able to explore Chicago’s miles and miles of bicycle paths on this one-of-a-kind vehicle!
- Allow our friendly staff to get you started on your bikes with tips and info on the best routes to take!
- Ride all the way to the 31st street beach! Head through Grant Park, right by the famous Buckingham Fountain and through The Museum Campus while experiencing dynamic views of the Windy City!
- A2B Bike rentals cost ONLY a $60 flat rate.
What Is Not Included?
- Are the A2B bikes safe?
- If you are comfortable riding a regular bicycle, you will be comfortable riding an A2B electric bike! The motor on the bike does give you a different kind of acceleration, but the only dangers present here are the regular dangers associated with riding any regular bike.
- What is “power on demand” acceleration?
- Your A2B electric bike will not start accelerating simply by you pedaling. You need to pull the throttle to initiate the acceleration. The right hand controls the throttle and the left had controls the gears.
- Do I have to pedal the A2B electric bike?
- Yes and no! Pedaling will give you the traditional feel of a regular bike. At any moment, you can pull the throttle which controls the electric hub motor on the back wheel. The pedals and the motor are entirely independent of each other and the pedals do not move when you use the motor.
- Are helmets required?
- Yes, helmets must be worn during the rental. We can provide you with a helmet, or you can bring your own.
- How fast can the A2B electric bike go?
- The bike has a top speed of 20mph.
- Do the rentals go rain or shine?
- Rentals are all weather.
- Can children rent bikes?
- Children between the ages of 14 and 16 must have a parent/guardian also renting a bike and riding with them. Anyone 17 and older can rent their own bike. Children under 14 will not be allowed to rent.
- Can I leave my bag/luggage in the shop while I ride?
- Yes! Anything that you cannot carry with you on the bike (backpacks, etc.) can be left in our shop for the duration of the rental.
- Do you include a bike lock with the rental?
- No, there is no bike lock included with the rental.
- How long does the electric battry last between chargings?
- The battery can go for a full 20 miles unassisted - without any pedaling.
Segway Experience of Chicago
In addition to our eco-friendly Segway fleet, we offer another battery powered vehicle called the A2B Electric Bicycle. The bike may be rented or purchased from our storefront.