Gliding along on a Segway Human Transporter allows you to explore our beautiful "Windy City" and capture unbelievable photographs of the City’s magnificent skyline.
Some sights along the way include:
- Field Museum
- Millennium Park
- Shedd Aquarium
- Adler Planetarium
- Museum Campus
- Buckingham Fountain
- The Lakefront Bike Path
- Daley Bicentennial Plaza
- The Rose Gardens of Grant Park
This one-of-a-kind adventure is available year-round and includes a 30-minute orientation and professional training from Segway Experience of Chicago certified staff.
As our pre-tour orientation begins right on time, please be sure to arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled tour.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Don't miss this
|ALLIBONE||Wed, Sep 24 1:30 PM||Female||50-59||International Tourist(s)||Individual|
If your wondering whether to do a boat tour or segway go for the segway. Nice showroom with toilets to start the tour, then great tour guides Jonathan and Mike (hope correct guys). We were all a little nervous but to get time to practise. It really is such fun. Enjoy.
Great way to see Chicago
|Lenmol||Tue, Sep 23 10:00 AM||Female||40-49||Local||Other|
I was on the tour September 23rd with my friend from Denmark. It was a beautiful sunny day and we truly enjoyed the tour and all the information provided by our tour guide Damien. He was very enthusiastic about the architecture and the story of Chicago. It was a pleasure to learn about the city in this fun way riding the Segway. So thank you Damien! I can only recommend this tour to anyone who wants to experience Chicago and the waterfront.
9/14/14 Chicago Segway Tour was Fantastic
|tomlyons||Sun, Sep 14 1:30 PM||Male||60-69||Local||Group of Friends|
My wife and I invited another couple for a tour of Chicago's Grant Park and lakefront with Segway Experience of Chicago. First time on a segway for them, 2nd time for us. The training was very good and well explained/demonstrated. The guides were fun and well informed about Chicago. The day/weather happened to be perfect (mid-60's and brilliant blue sky), so the views of the skyline across Lake Michigan from the Adler Planetarium were beautiful. All had a great time and no one fell!
Secret Surprise but the best!!!
|Louiselang||Sat, Sep 13 4:30 PM||Female||50-59||International Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
We were in Chicago for business for my husband and son. So my grown daughter and I went along to see Chicago. I booked the Segway Tour without telling any of them. I just said we have to be somewhere for 4:00 for a booking of sorts. When we went to the Segway office they were all smiles and laughing. Could not believe I would do this. Anyways we had soooo much fun, they loved it!! We got to see Chicago in a way that we would not have otherwise with the time restraints we had. We all laughed so much particularly due to the amazing guides of Damien and Christoff. They go way above and beyond their duty to explain everything you need to know to use a Segway and use it properly. If I can learn and do it anyone can!!!! They are extremely knowledgeable about the sights we visited and you get a history lesson plus have so much fun!! They are so friendly and a great sense of humor. At the end of the tour (which you don't want to end) we were so glad we did it. My husband and 'adult' children and I were laughing all evening about it over drinks and dinner!! I don't think we have done anything like that for a long time. It makes you realize you have to have fun and play no matter what your age! A Segway Tour with this organization is one of the best ways to do it!!! Again thank you to Damien and Christoff.....
Fun and informative experience!!
|LisaHanson||Thu, Sep 11 1:30 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
This tour was not only fun, it was very informative. Our tour guide, Damien, had a great sense of humor and made our learning experience fun and entertaining. He made sure every person on the tour felt welcome and comfortable and when I felt like my Segway was "pulling", he made sure I got one that gave me a positive experience and didn't make me feel bad or silly for speaking up. I would highly recommend this tour to locals as well as tourists. And I would definitely do it again!!
|Schoenherrhr||Sun, Sep 7 10:00 AM||Male||50-59||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Our guide Christoff was attentive and most helpful preparing us for the tour and making us comfortable with the Segway. Historical information a nice touch and help in taking photos appreciated. Regarding booking, website said we needed a printed version of booking which is not the case. (printing was a minor irritaion). The requirement to show up 30 minutes beforehand is not needed as we only needed 10 minutes for briefing and gear. Upon arrival our welcome at the front desk was less than enthusiastic...borderline indifferent. The tour itself was good and we emjoyed it. David & Heidi
Great way to see the Chicago lakefront
|ReneedePoote||Sat, Sep 6 1:30 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Family Without Children|
My mother-in-law and I did this tour the first weekend in September and it was perfect. We lucked out with perfect weather, but I think the tour would have been fun regardless. The segways are pretty easy to get the hang of and I thought our guide (Joel) did a great job of giving us interesting little comments on the things we were seeing. He also did a good job of starting out slow and then gently increasing the pace as we got the hang of it. We had a great time and 10/10 would do again.
A Six Star Tour
|Lemontrees1||Sat, Sep 6 10:00 AM||Male||40-49||International Tourist(s)||Unspecified|
The only thing missing was a cup holder and a cold margarita! :-) Kudos for Joel!
Loved the Segway tour
|DirectionerD||Fri, Aug 29 10:00 AM||Female||Under 20||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
I am to Chicago to see the One Direction 5 Seconds of Summer concert. Our Segway tour with my Dad was the best part of our weekend.
|dgoose2112||Wed, Aug 20 4:30 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
We had a great time riding the segways on the tour. Our tour guide was awesome. ( Damien) He knew all about the history and information about Chicago. He made the tour interesting.
- What is a Segway?
- The Segway® Human Transporter (HT) is the first of its kind—self-balancing personal transportation designed to go anywhere you go. See all of Chicago's parks, streets, and attractions while enjoying a ride like nothing you've ever experienced. Try one today and you too will discover the Segway smile!
- Is it hard to ride a Segway? What if I've never ridden a Segway before?
- The Segway HT requires no special skills (it takes care of the balancing-on-two-wheels part) and virtually anyone can use one. In addition to the ingenious technology, all of our tours include a thorough safety and gliding training course given by one of our certified Segway instructors prior to departure.
- How old must I be to take a Segway tour?
- All gliders must be at least 12 years of age to participate in the tour. Gliders 12 years to 15 years must have a parent present to sign a waiver and participate in the tour with them. Gliders 16-17 years must have a parent present to sign a waiver, but their parent's participation in the tour is optional. Gliders 18 years and above do not need parental consent to participate in the tour.
- What are the weight constraints to ride a Segway?
- All gliders must be above 100lbs and below 260lbs.
- What about taking children on the tour?
- Unfortunately, children under the age of 12 are not allowed on the tour.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance as tours usually sell out. To maximize your chances of getting the day, time, and number of tickets you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa or MasterCard from this site or over the phone.
- What is the difference between your tours?
- The Park Glide, Chicago Architecture Foundation tour and Riverwalk tour will show you all of Chicago’s most famous landmarks and beautiful scenery. The Segway Experience of Chicago Park Glide Tour is more of an all-inclusive look at all the city has to offer. The Chicago Architecture Foundation Segway Tour, led by a CAF docent, focuses more on the unique architecture of the “Second City” and how it developed into the distinctive style known around the world today. The Riverwalk tour features the bridges and skyscrapers of Chicago.
- What happens if it rains or snows?
- The tours are held rain or shine (or snow!). We ask that you dress appropriately for the day's weather conditions, but we do have snow suits for our patrons to borrow for extreme cold, and rain ponchos for purchase in the case of rain.
- Are restrooms available?
- Yes, restrooms are available at the meeting location. Unfortunately, we will not be able to make additional restroom stops during the tour, as our time is limited and we want you to visit as many Chicago landmarks as possible.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes, cameras are allowed on the tour. We ask that you do not take photos while on the Segway; your guide will gladly take pictures of you and your group with your camera in front of the spectacular Chicago landmarks of your tour.
- May I bring my dog on the tour?
- We love pets! Unfortunately, pets of any kind are not allowed on this tour.
- Does this tour have anything to offer a native Chicagoan?
- Definitely! Many of our attendees live right here in Chicago and come to learn more about the neighborhoods and the city in which they live. It's a new and unique way to see the sites with which they may already be familiar, and it's also a treat for locals to bring their out-of-town guests to enjoy.
- Is there parking nearby the tour meeting point?
- Yes, there is parking located on Michigan Avenue and on Wabash Avenue. Validated parking is available on 17 E. Adams Street.
- Can I store my personal items on the Segway?
- We have the ability to transport necessary items like cameras and medications. However, we advise you to keep your personal items to a minimum as our storage capacity is VERY limited.
- Can I buy food or drinks along the way? What about souvenirs?
- Our tour is structured so that we can visit many Chicago landmarks in the allotted time. This leaves very little time for any other stops. We recommend you arrive full, as you can only bring necessary items on the Segway.
- Are the tours conducted in English only?
- Yes, the tours are only conducted in English. However, our non-English speaking guests will still enjoy the experience of riding a Segway and seeing Chicago’s landmarks.
- Do you offer private/corporate/business events?
- Yes. Segway Experience of Chicago offers private events. We can accommodate a variety of special requests. Please click “Contact MySegwayTour” to the left of the page to inquire further.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- What if these tour times do not work for me?
- Please click “Contact MySegwayTour” to see if we can accommodate other times.
- Can I rent a Segway through the Segway Experience of Chicago?
- Unfortunately we do not normally offer rentals to retail consumers. We will, however, consider corporate rental inquiries. If you are interested in such corporate rental opportunities, please click “Contact MySegwayTour” to the left of the page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Participants must sign a waiver at the start of the tour.
- All participants must sign a waiver at the start of the tour. Participants under 18 must have a parent or supervising adult present to sign for them. Helmets are also required and are provided by Segway Experience of Chicago at no additional charge.
- Participants must meet age and weight requirements.
- All participants must be 12 years or older, and weigh more than 100lbs and less than 260lbs. Participants 12 to 15 years of age must have a parent or supervising adult sign the waiver and take the tour with them. Participants 16 or 17 years of age must have a supervising adult sign the waiver, but the adult's participation in the tour is optional.
- Not suitable for pregnant women.
- Unfortunately, for safety reasons, pregnant women are not allowed to participate on Segway tours.
Segway Experience of Chicago
We pride ourselves on providing safe, entertaining tours of Chicago on our state-of-the-art fleet of Segway Personal Transporters. All of our guides are certified and well versed in all aspects of cultural and historical Chicago.
Our tours have been featured in the Chicago Sun-Times, MS-NBC, ChicagoBusiness.com and Crain's "Top 10 Things to do this Weekend!". We also partner with the Chicago Architecture Foundation for weekend tours.