Humans will love getting the inside scoop on some of the nation’s most famous landmarks, and canines will “wuff” visiting some of the city’s most doggie-friendly parks. Your furry friend will give Madison Square Park’s dog run two paws up for its doggone good design.
You’ll enjoy a hot dog (what else?), and your pet will dine on a delectable doggie treat.
From the historic to the bizarre, this tour has it all. Whether you’re a tourist looking for an amazing New York experience or a local who just wants a fresh perspective on the city, this tour is for you.
You will learn about:
- One Times Square
- ABC Studios
- ABC Studios
- Madame Tussauds House of Wax
- New Amsterdam
- The New York Library
- Bryant Park
- Chrysler Building
- Empire State Building
- Met Life Building
- The Flatiron building
- Madison Square Park
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance, and tours often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What if I don't have a dog? Can I still take this tour?
- This tour is the perfect outing for you and your doggie friend, but you are more than welcome to come alone or with human companions.
- What are the conditions to bring my dog along?
- For the safety of our participants, we must ask that all dogs are trained, well-behaved, and current on their vaccinations. We thank you in advance for your cooperation on these matters.
- Can I bring children on the tour?
- Sure! Children do have to have a regular priced ticket in order to attend, however. Children ages 5 and under can come along for free and do not need a ticket to attend.
- What should I bring?
- Make sure to bring some plastic baggies with you to clean up after your dog! Feel free to bring a camera, and good spirits, of course.
- What happens if it rains?
- The tour runs rain or shine regardless of weather conditions. But don't worry! Some of our best tours took place in less-than-perfect weather. Just make sure you and your doggie are well equipped.
- Are there bathrooms along the way?
- We do not have any scheduled bathroom stops along the tour, but if you need to stop, please let us know and we will try to accommodate you.
- What types of foods are served on the tour?
- You will be offered a hot dog snack, and your canine friend will dine on a doggie treat.
- What if I have dietary restrictions?
- Please let us know if anyone in your group has a dietary restriction (e.g. vegetarian, diabetic, etc.) when you purchase your tickets. As long as we know well enough in advance, we can often accommodate your needs. If we do not find out about the special needs until the day of the tour, it is usually impossible for us to adjust in time to accommodate.
- How much walking is involved? Is it a fast-paced tour?
- We are on our feet for approximately 2 hours. We walk at a very casual pace.
- Is the tour wheelchair- and/or stroller-accessible?
- Wheelchairs and/or strollers can be accommodated on all of our tours, but we highly recommend that you let us know upon purchasing your tickets.
- Can I bring more than just one dog?
- Sure, you are more than welcome to bring all your canine friends. Please let us know in advance upon purchasing your tickets, so that we can bring doggie treats for all of them.
- Are tours offered only in English?
- Yes, we only offer tours in English at this time. If you would like to make arrangements for your own interpreter to join the tour, please contact Zoom Media & Productions by clicking on the "Contact this seller" link.
- Does this tour have anything to offer a native New Yorker?
- Absolutely! Many of our attendees live right here in New York City. Locals often attend to learn about the neighborhood and the city in which they live, meet with other dog lovers, and enjoy a unique afternoon outdoors.
- Are gift certificates available for the tour?
- Sure. If you're interested in a gift certificate, please click on the "Contact this seller" link.
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes, private tours are available for groups of up to 20 people. To inquire about a private tour, please click on the "Contact this seller" link.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- All participating dogs must be trained.
- All participating dogs must be trained, well-behaved and current on their vaccinations.
Zoom Media & Productions
Zoom Media team have recently expanded their touring business to include another inventive line of walking tours, New York Dog Tours. There are three different dog-friendly tours to choose from, each covering a different part of Manhattan. Zoom’s most entertaining and popular tour guide, Bert James, takes dogs lovers to some of the most intriguing sites in the City, sharing fascinating facts along the way.