Discover Naperville's cultural gems and beautiful art works while tasting delicious food.
Our walking tour will take you through hidden parks, historic buildings, and offbeat venues, while you learn about Naperville's history, architecture and art works and enjoy a variety of food and drink from locally owned and operated restaurants, pubs and shops.
Your quest includes 6 tastings (depending on the day) from:
- A 100 year old meat market and deli (est. 1893) (Sat.)
- A traditional neighborhood pub (est. 1987) (Sat. & Sun.)
- An authentic Irish pub direct from Ireland (est. 1998) (Sun.)
- Indulgent chocolates and elegant cakes and pastries (est. 2005) (Sat.& Sun.)
- Specialty loose tea and tisanes merchant (est. 2010) (Sun.)
- An olive oil and balsamic vinegar specialty shop (est. 2010) (Sat.)
- America's expert in cookie dough and premium ice cream (est. 1995) (Sat. & Sun.)
- Famous stuffed pizza - Chicago style (est. 1974) (Sat. & Sun.)
Spend a few hours with us and enjoy Naperville on a completely different level. We will share insights into local entertainment and restaurants.
All tastings are included in the price.
Enough food is served that for most participants, lunch afterward is not needed. Tasting locations subject to change.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance? Can I pay cash?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance as tours usually sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day, time and number of tickets you want, please book well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or AMEX from this site or over the phone. Cash is not accepted.
- If a tour is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- We do not provide a waiting list. The maximum number of persons per group is 15. If a date is sold out, there is a chance that we will add an additional tour. Please contact us by clicking "Contact NaperFoods" to let us know what dates you are interested in.
- What about taking children on the tour?
- While we welcome children, please remember the tour is three hours long and some children have a limited attention span. Therefore the tour may not be appropriate for them. Since there is a lot of standing and walking, please carefully consider this when deciding whether the tour is appropriate for your child and as a courtesy to other participants on the tour. We do not offer discounted tickets for children. All children 3 years of age and older are required to have a ticket, regardless of whether they will be participating in tastings. Children 2 years of age and younger can attend for free, but please let us know if you'll be bringing your children upon purchasing your tickets.
- What if I have dietary restrictions?
- This a food tour, so if you are on a diet we ask you to put that aside for the day and enjoy the tastings. We are walking along the way, so you will be burning calories. However, please let us know if you (or anyone in your group) has a dietary restriction (vegetarian, diabetic, food allergies) when you purchase your tickets. As long as we know in advance, we can often accommodate your needs. If we do not find out about the special needs until the day of the tour, it is difficult for us to adjust in time to accommodate and we ask you to refrain from those particular tastings.
- What happens if it rains?
- The tours are held rain or shine. Please check the day's weather and bring an umbrella if rain is in the forecast. We will have ponchos available in case of changing weather during the tour.
- How much food is served on the tour?
- There are usually at least 6 stops for tastings on the tour. Enough food is served that for most people, lunch is not necessary afterward.
- Are there any beverages served on the tour?
- We do participate in a tea tasting and a chocolate drink tasting, but neither water nor other beverages are provided during the tour. You can, however, bring your own water on the tour.
- Where does the tour finish?
- The tour does not end at the starting location. However, each participant is provided the addresses for the exact starting and ending point locations after completing your ticket purchase. Additionally, each participant will receive detailed directions and a map at the beginning of the tour.
- What types of food are served on the tour?
- We taste a wide array of food and drink. We visit 6 of the 8 shops ..so depending on the day we will visit, a German deli, a neighborhood pub's homemade soup, Irish pub food, a local chocolate lounge, a tea store, olive oil store, premium ice cream shop and stuffed pizza restaurant.
- Do we only walk around and sample food?
- Absolutely not! Beside sampling delicious food you will experience life in Naperville. Our tours are narrated by guides who will discuss the history, culture, architecture, art murals and entertainment offerings that make Naperville a unique place.
- What restaurants do we visit?
- We do not sample food from any sit down restaurants during the tour. All of our tastings are done on the go, and the food is provided by local eateries and specialty food shops. However, insights to the many restaurants in downtown Naperville are shared.
- Can I shop on the tour?
- We ask that you wait to shop until after the tour so that we can stay on schedule and continue with the tour in a timely manner. Hopefully, you will allow time at the end of the tour to return to your favorite locations. Many of the locations are close to each other, so you can shop at them without any hassle.
- How much walking is involved? How long is the tour?
- We are on our feet for approximately 3 hours and cover just about 2 miles. We cover a lot of information and ground, so we walk at a moderate pace. Please wear comfortable shoes.
- Does the tour leader accept gratuities?
- Gratuities are greatly appreciated, although not mandatory.
- Are tours offered only in English?
- Yes, we only offer tours in English at this time. If you would like to make arrangements for your own interpreter to join the tour, please contact Naperville Bites and Sites by clicking "Contact NaperFoods."
- Does this tour offer anything to a native Napervillian?
- Yes! You will learn some interesting facts about Naperville that you might have never known!
- Are restrooms available during the tour?
- Yes, restrooms are available during the tour at the selected food tasting locations.
- Is there parking available nearby the tour meeting spot?
- Yes, there is plenty of free parking available. Specific parking details are included in the meeting location directions after purchasing your tickets.
- Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- Most stops are wheelchair accessible, however a few do have steps. The guide can bring the food tasting to the participant(s) unable to enter along with the tasting information in front of the store.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for the Naperville Food Tour. To learn more about purchasing a gift certificate, please click on "Contact NaperFoods" and make an inquiry.
- Are private tours available?
- Sure! To inquire about setting up a private tour for your group, click on the "Contact NaperFoods" link.
Naperville Bites and Sites
Being long term residents of Naperville, we have explored and discovered so many places - we want to share our love and knowledge of what makes Naperville so unique and delicious.
Our goal is to slow down our fast paced life and take a leisurely walk through downtown Naperville, to savor great food and drinks, take a closer look at the buildings and murals and learn a little about the people and places that make Naperville such a great place to visit and live.
We recommend taking our tour at the beginning of your stay, so you can return and enjoy Naperville at your leisure.