The Music Running Tour focuses on Nashville's history as the capital city of country music. Your knowledegable guide will introduce you to all the most important places in Nashville's booming music industry. Learn all about how Nashville transformed itself into the center of country music on this insightful tour.
Sights you may see on this 1-1.5 hour running tour include:
- Printer's Alley
- Country Music Hall of Fame and Walk of Fame
- Musica Statue
- Studio B
- The Frist Museum
- 2nd Ave & Broadway
- Ryman Auditorium
Book a sightrunning tour at the beginning of your visit to Music City to receive a great first overview of the city for the rest of your stay. Tours sell out quickly so be sure to book in advance.
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to book in advance?
- Tours sell out quickly; we recommend booking in advance in order to guarantee your space for a specific time.
- What if I want to cancel my booking?
- Tickets are non-refundable because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- What is the difference between the Music Tour, Historic Tour, and Hipster Tour?
- While all of the tours involve running the equivalent of a 5K, the focus and sights of the tours vary. Our Music Running Tour focuses on Nashville's role as the center of the country music industry, passing sites like the Country Music Hall of Fame and the Ryman Auditorium. Our Historic Running Tour focuses on the history of Nashville, outlining the early settlers, and tracing the city's history to the present day. Our Hipster Running Tour takes place in East Nashville, highlighting the cool, up-and-coming neighborhood that has become one of the city's most trendy areas. No matter which tour you choose, you can be sure you will learn a lot and have a blast!
- What is a running tour?
- A running tour is a guided tour that takes place on the run, as we jog through the streets of Nashville. It is guided by an experienced local runner. You may choose to join us on one of our standard tours or contact us directly by clicking the "Contact NashRunTours" to the left of this page, to custom-design your very own Nashville Running Tour.
- How long do running tours take?
- This running tour takes between 1-1.5 hours. We run at a pace that is comfortable for the group, and more advanced runners may take less time.
- Are we running the whole time and how will I keep up?
- Our personalized runs are based on your preference. We can design your running tour so that there are no stops if you like, but normally we stop at the important sights for some explanations. However we are always willing to stop or walk if necessary. We run at your pace, walk or stop if you need to or want to. Please do not worry - we will not leave you behind!
- Is this running tour appropriate for beginners?
- Yes. Our tour guides are able to accommodate a wide range of skill levels, from beginners to seasoned runners.
- Is there an age limit to running the tour?
- Yes, you must be at least 18 years of age to book a Nashville Running Tour. Anyone under the age of 18 has to be accompanied on the tour by a parent or legal guardian.
- Does NRT operate tours year round?
- Yes, Nashville Running Tours operates year-round.
- Where do I meet the guide and how do I identify the guide?
- After booking you will receive a personalized confirmation e-mail with more information on where and when to meet for your chosen Nashville Running Tour. Our guides are easily identifiable in a Nashville Running Tours tee-shirt and a brightly colored drawstring backpack.
- What if it's raining or snowing? Do we still run?
- Nashville Running Tours operates rain or shine. However, in very severe weather (to be determined by your guide) we may be forced to cancel. We will contact you up until 1 hour prior to the tour if the run is canceled, and you will be able to reschedule to another time. You should turn up at the meeting point as usual where your guide will advise if it is necessary to postpone the tour.
- Am I allowed to tip my guide?
- Yes! You're not required to do so, but tips are welcomed and appreciated.
- What if I get thirsty on the run?
- Bring a bottle of water if you think you'll need one.
- Do we stop at attractions along the run?
- Yes! We have short stops by the main attractions where the guide talks about the sights and the history.
- Can we stop and snap photos along the way?
- Yes, you can bring your camera and snap away. The running guide will also take pictures along the route if you like, and if there is a certain place you would like your picture taken, then simply ask your guide.
- Will I be required to sign a liability waiver?
- Yes, before the start your tour you will be required to sign a liability waiver, as the tours take place near traffic and busy roads and involve physical activity. You must therefore certify that you accept all of the possible risks involved and will not hold Nashville Running Tours LLC liable for any eventuality.
- Can I bring my dog on the run?
- We'll gladly run with your well-behaved dog as long as you have a leash. It's a great way for both of you to get exercise and your dog will love it. We ask that you bring a plastic bag in case of any accidents.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Absolutely. Please click the "Contact NashRunTours" link to the left of this page if you'd like to purchase a gift certificate.
- Are private, customized running tours available?
- Yes! If you are interested in a customized, private running tour please click the "Contact NashRunTours" link to the left of this page to contact us directly.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- All participants are required to sign a waiver.
- All participants must sign a waiver and participants under 18 years old must have their parent or guardian sign the waiver for them AND must be accompanied on the tour by a parent or guardian.
Nashville Running Tours
Join us as we run at your pace through the pockets of Nashville, allowing you to experience up close the cultural, historical and architectural highlights of the city. Our tour guides are able to accommodate a wide range of skill levels, from beginners to seasoned runners.
At Nashville Running Tours, our team of guides are local, and proud to call Nashville home. Our guides are marathon runners, pace setters, triathalon participants, and love mixing the buzz of exercise with the thrill of discovery by exploring, and sharing Nashville.