This is the special time of year where our carriages are transformed into Santa's Charleston sleigh.
On this sleigh ride, you will:
- Ride along with Santa on one of our beautiful carriages transformed into Santa's Charleston sleigh
- Check-in 20 minutes early and take some photos in our photo booth, meet our beautiful horses and let the little ones dance to the Christmas music.
- Enjoy hot chocolate and roasted marshmallows after your ride with Santa.
- Enjoy telling Santa all your Holiday wishes to the music of hoof beats.
- What does the ride consist of?
- The ride is approximately 20 minutes long and takes place in the commercial district. Santa will be on the ride to hear Christmas wishes, tell you a little about how Christmas has been celebrated in Charleston through the years, and maybe even lead you in a carol or two.
- What do we need to do after reserving?
- Simply show up with your e-ticket or ticket code! Please arrive at the barn 20 minutes prior to your departure time to meet our special "reindeer". Dress appropriately for the weather and be ready to have fun! :)
- Do I have to buy my tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is strongly recommended since sleigh rides often sell out. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please buy your tickets well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What happens if it rains?
- We will go out in most moderate weather conditions. Keep in mind that the top of the carriage is covered by a canopy, but the sides are open. In the case of severe weather, such as severe heat, lightning, storms, or high wind, we may have to cancel the tour, and you will be able to reschedule to another time or receive credit for a future tour.
- Can I bring a pet with me on the tour?
- Small, well behaved dogs are welcome to attend the carriage tour with you. As long as your pet does not disturb the enjoyment of the other guests on the tour, it should be no problem.
- Is the sleigh ride safe?
- Yes, Olde Towne Carriage Company is one of Charleston’s oldest and has been the leader in carriage tours in Charleston for over 30 years.
- Can I store anything on the sleigh?
- Other than small backpacks and bags, you may leave all larger items at the Olde Towne Carriage Company Barn (where the tour meets). We can either lock up your belongings in our office or leave them at the front counter. Olde Towne Carriage Company cannot be held responsible for lost or missing items.
- What type of ticket should I buy for a young child?
- Everyone 4 years old and above will need to purchase the standard holiday ticket. Children ages 3 years and under may attend for free if they ride on an adult's lap, but you’ll still need to enter the appropriate number of Wee One tickets labeled “Free” when purchasing. All guests, regardless of age, must have a ticket, so please make sure your entire party is accounted for in this way.
- Is the sleigh tour handicapped accessible?
- No, unfortunately, you must walk up four stairs to load the carriage.
- Will we stop to use the restroom during the tour?
- There is no scheduled bathroom stop during the tour. Please use the facilities beforehand. There is a bathroom in the waiting area of Olde Towne Carriage Company. You may not exit a tour once it has begun per city ordinance.
- Is there parking nearby the carriage tour departure point?
- Yes, there is both metered parking and City Parking garages available near the departure point.
- What exact areas do you visit?
- The carriage ride takes place in the Commercial District. This is not a narrated tour of the commercial district. However, Santa will be engaging with everyone and making sure everyone has a great time!
- Is the carriage ride narrated?
- While it is not a narrated tour, Santa will be leading the sleigh ride and engaging with riders throughout. Santa will make sure everyone is having a great, festive time whether that be by singing carols, hearing Christmas wishes, or providing historical information about the great city of Charleston!
- Can I bring food or drinks aboard the carriage?
- You are welcome to bring a non-alcoholic beverage with you, but please refrain from bringing food onto the carriage. We will be serving hot chocolate and roasting marshmallows after the ride. Be sure to arrive 20-30 minutes early to enjoy the snacks!
- What type of warm treats will be served?
- After your ride you will be able to enjoy complimentary hot chocolate and roasted marshmallows!
- Where does the carriage ride finish?
- The carriage returns to the same location that it departed from, one block north of the world famous open air market.
- How much of the town will we cover?
- The carriage ride is 20 minutes and travels through the commercial district. While this is not a narrated tour, Santa will be engaging with the group and making sure everyone has a great time!
- Will I be on a real sleigh?
- No, during this special time of year, we transform our carriages into Santa's sleigh!
Olde Towne Carriage Company
Olde Towne Carriage Company has been the leader in Charleston carriage tours for over 30 years, making it one of Charleston's oldest tour companies. Our goal has always been to offer the best value in sightseeing tours, while providing our customers with the absolute best service available.
Step aboard one of our Olde Towne Carriage Tours and get ready for a fun-filled, informative trip through 25 blocks of Charleston's oldest residential and business district.
We offer regular daily public carriage tours, and will also customize special events for large groups.