Each ride includes:
- 20 minute use of the carriage.
- Barn decorated for the event.
- Photo Booth
The three packages we offer include:
- Romantic Package: One rose and chocolates per couple.
- Family & Friends Package: Marshmallow roasting and hot cocoa after the ride. Must be atleast 2 adults on carriage.
- Princess Package: Sweet treat at a table set for a princess after the ride. Must be atleast two adults on carriage.
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to buy my tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is strongly recommended since the Carriage Rides often sell out in advance. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please buy your tickets well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What happens if it rains?
- We will contact you if we're concerned about weather and give you an oppportunity to reschedule.
- What exact areas do you visit?
- The route varies since this is a ride and not a tour.
- Are tours available in languages other than English?
- We are able to give tours in Spanish and French for private parties. No more than 15 people.
- Can I bring food or drinks aboard the carriage?
- You are welcome to bring a non-alcoholic beverage with you on board (we highly recommend a bottle of cold water in the hot summer months!), but please refrain from bringing food onto the carriage.
- Can I bring a pet with me on the ride?
- Small, well behaved dogs are welcome to attend the carriage ride with you.
- Are we alone on the carriage ride?
- Yes you are renting exclusive use of the carriage for your group up to 6 people.
- Is the carriage ride narrated?
- No, this is a ride, not a narrated tour of Charleston.
- Where does the carriage ride finish?
- The carriage returns to the same location that it departed from, one block north of the world famous open air market.
- Is the carriage ride safe?
- Yes, the Olde Towne Carriage Company is one of Charleston’s oldest carriage companies and has been the leader in carriage tours in Charleston for over 25 years. Children must be accompanied by at least 2 adults.
- Can I store anything on the carriage?
- Other than small backpacks and bags, you may leave all larger items at the Olde Towne Carriage Company Barn (where the tour meets). We can either lock up your belongings in our office or leave them at the front counter, where there is always someone watching them! The Olde Towne Carriage Company cannot be held responsible for lost or missing items.
- Can I do the romantic ride during the daytime?
- Yes, if you would like to do the romantic ride during the daytime, please click "Contact OldeTowne" to the left of the page.
- What is the "sweet treat" provided in the Princess package?
- The sweet treat can vary depending on the day and time. However, it is sure to be a delicious treat fit for a princess!
- What type of ticket should I buy for a young child?
- Children are included in your count of up to six people. Although children 3 and under can ride on an adult's lap and not count towards your count of six.
- Is the carriage ride handicapped accessible?
- You must be able to step into the carriage.
- How much of the town will we cover?
- The carriage ride will cover approximately 5-10 blocks.
- Will we stop to use the restroom during the ride?
- There is no scheduled bathroom stop during the ride. We will only stop in the event of an emergency, so please use the facilities beforehand. There is a bathroom in the waiting area of the Olde Towne Carriage Company.
- Is there parking nearby the carriage ride departure point?
- Yes, there is both metered parking and City Parking garages available near the departure point.
- Are gift certificates available for the carriage ride?
- Yes, gift certificates for the Olde Towne carriage are great for any occasion. To purchase a gift certificate, click on the "Contact OldeTowne" link.
- Can I book a private trip?
- Yes! We can accommodate a variety of special requests. Please use the "Contact OldeTowne" link to inquire further.
- How do I select my specialty package (i.e. Romantic, Princess, etc.)?
- You will be prompted to select your specialty package when purchasing your carriage.
- Can I just purchase the carriage ride without the specialty package?
- While you are not required to participate in the specialty package offerings, the Cinderella Carriage Ride is the same price regardless of participation. Please let us know by including a "Message to the Seller" with your booking if you would like to opt out of the specialty package you select.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe or extreme weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions, including extreme heat. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Each carriage can hold up to 6 adults in addition to 2 children under age 4.
- One ticket includes a carriage ride for up to 6 adults along with 2 children under age 4 who can sit in an adult's lap.
Olde Towne Carriage Company
Step aboard one of Olde Towne Carriage tours and get ready for a available. fun-filled, informative trip through 25 blocks of Charleston's oldest residential and business district!
Our knowledgeable guides are professionals who take pride in sharing the beautiful Holy City with you.