This tour is equally fantastic for tourists and locals, families and groups of friends.
Your guide will entertain and inform you as you visit over 60 locations, including:
- See the famous spot where Marilyn Monroe's skirt flew up from The Seven Year Itch
- Visit Holly Golightly's brownstone from Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- Sit on Woody Allen & Diane Keaton's bench from Manhattan
- Visit Grand Central, seen in The Godfather and Superman
- Admire the Plaza Hotel, as seen in The Way We Were
- Check out locations from Taxi Driver and Marathon Man
- If the tour is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- No, On Location Tours does not keep a waiting list for our tours. Tours usually sell out, and often well in advance, so please make sure to purchase your tickets far in advance, especially if you have limited time availability.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- If a child is age five or younger and will be sitting on your lap during the entire tour, you do not need to purchase a ticket for them. If they will be requiring a seat, however, you will need to purchase a Child ticket.
- Where does the tour end?
- The tour ends at Grand Central Station at 15 Vanderbilt Ave (42nd Street).
- Are we on the bus the whole tour?
- Absolutely not. The tour takes place on a coach bus since the locations are spread out all around Manhattan. But we get off the bus at a number of locations along the way, giving you the opportunity to experience the locations and take pictures. Whenever you leave the bus, it is with the tour guide. The tour includes a mix of on-the-bus viewings of locations and stops to get off the bus to explore, all woven into the story of how they relate to the TV shows and movies that have portrayed them.
- What exact locations do we visit?
- The exact itinerary and route of the tour varies somewhat from tour to tour, so we can't say ahead of time exactly which locations will be visited on a specific tour.
- Is there ever a circumstance when a location is omitted from the tour?
- While it is extremely rare, we do sometimes need to skip or modify certain locations that usually are part of the tour. Since the tour is visiting real-life locations all around Manhattan, the tour's itinerary can sometimes be impacted by traffic conditions, store hours, etc. On Location Tours assumes no liability or responsibility for: traffic conditions, access to sites, or other conditions beyond its control.
- Is this a good sightseeing tour?
- Yes. The tour travels through much of Manhattan while highlighting the specific TV and movie locations that are the tour's focus. As a result, families and friends often find this tour an ideal way to tour the city. While the tour does not visit such Manhattan landmarks as the Statue of Liberty or Empire State Building, you will be visiting neighborhoods such as the Upper West Side, The Upper East Side, Midtown, and more!
- Are food and drink included on the tour? Can I bring my own?
- No food or drinks are served on the tour besides maybe a light snack, but you can feel free to bring something of your own if it is neat and you're sure to remove all garbage from the bus at the end of the tour. Alcohol is completely prohibited on the bus.
- Are the tours conducted in English only?
- Yes, the NY TV & Movie Classics Tour is only conducted in English at this time. Since so much of the tour is visual, however, visitors from countries such as Japan, Germany, France, Spain and many others have enjoyed the tour just the same!
- What type of bus is used?
- The tour is conducted on a closed coach bus. It is heated in the winter and air conditioned in the summer.
- Is there assigned seating on the bus?
- Priority seating offers guaranteed assigned seating. Otherwise, seating is first come, first serve. If you have a number of people in your party that want to sit together, you should make sure to arrive 15-20 minutes early. Guests that arrive late or right at the starting time are much more likely to have to split up their group.
- Is there a bathroom on the bus?
- Almost all of the buses used on the NY TV & Movie Classics Tour have bathrooms.
- Are the buses handicapped accessible?
- Yes, but you need to contact On Location Tours directly before booking your tickets to arrange a wheelchair accessible bus, if needed. To do this, please click “Contact OnLocation” to the left of the page. You will need to make this arrangement at least 2 weeks in advance of the tour. In addition, since the lifts are only capable of supporting a total of 500 pounds, only manual or non-motorized wheelchairs can be used on the buses, even when a pre-arrangement is made. However, If you will be using a fold-up wheelchair and will be traveling with someone who can provide assistance on and off the bus, you do not need to inform us ahead of time as all of our buses have room in the luggage compartment to store it.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes. While photography and filming are not allowed on the bus portion of the tour, there are some great spots for taking photos and video at our numerous stops along the way.
- Can I take a stroller or luggage on the tour?
- The Manhattan TV and Movie Tour is conducted on a coach bus, so limited storage space is available. Please keep in mind that there will be several stops of up to 15-20 minutes each where we will be leaving the bus. If you are not comfortable leaving your belongings on the bus during this time, you might want to reconsider bringing them.
- Are gift certificates available for the tour?
- No, gift certificates are not available for this specific tour, but they are available for all On Location flagship tours and make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please click “Contact OnLocation” to the left of the page and scroll down to the bottom of the page!
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes, private tours are available. Most groups, however, decide to attend the public tour for two reasons. First, it is usually significantly less expensive. Second, part of the fun of the tour is interacting with all the other TV and movie fans that take the public tour. If you are interested in booking a private tour, contact On Location Tours by clicking on the "Contact OnLocation" link.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Tour participants under the age of 15 must accompanied by an adult of at least 18 years of age.
On Location Tours
On Location Tours has been featured in thousands of media outlets around the world, including TV Guide, Newsweek, Businessweek, Entertainment Weekly, The Today Show, HBO, and the Travel Channel's TV Road Trip.
The aim of On Location Tours is to allow people the opportunity to straddle fiction and reality, letting them feel as though they are part of the TV show or movie, ultimately bringing them closer to the characters themselves.