This package includes:
- Our Sex and the City Hotspots bus tour
- Dinner at Fresco by Scotto
- A ticket to a screening of The Sex and the City Movie
- Free admission to an afterparty at Marquee Nightclub
- Transportation between events
- Have a cupcake at the bakery where Miranda stuffed cupcakes into her mouth
- Shop at the store where Charlotte bought her "Rabbit"
- See the restaurant where Carrie and Big had their engagement party
- Have a Cosmo at a bar used on the show
- See the furniture store where Aidan works
- Get the behind-the-scenes scoop on the show.
Package schedule (this is only an approximate schedule)
2-2:40pm Tour departs (leaving every 10 minutes)
7:30-8:15pm Head to movie theater
10:30pm Departure for the club
11pm After Party
A portion of the proceeds will go to the charity Women of Umoja.
- Seats in the bus and theater correspond with purchase dates - book early for the "best" seats.
- If planning on attending with multiple friends, tickets should be purchased together to assure that you are on the same bus and will be seated together in the theater.
What Is Not Included?
- What is included in the movie package?
- The Sex and the City Hotspots tour, a ticket to the movie, dinner, and entrance to a nightclub, as well as transportation between locations. Transportation to the club/after party is only for packages beginning between 2 and 3pm.
- Is there assigned seating on the bus?
- There is no assigned seating on the bus - it's first come, first serve. However, guests will be assigned to a particular bus based on the date that they purchase the package - if you plan on attending with a group of friends, tickets should be purchased together to ensure that you are on the same bus.
- Is there assigned seating in the movie theater?
- There is assigned seating according to when you purchase your tickets, so the earlier you purchase tickets the better. Each bus will be seated in separate sections of the theater. If you are planning on attending with friends, you should book your tickets together to assure that you will be on the same bus/seated together in the theater.
- Is alcohol included in the package?
- Alcohol is not included in the price of the package. There will be a stop at a bar that was used in the show, where you can buy a Cosmopolitan at a discount. There will also be drink specials at the nightclub after party.
- Is there an age limit with this package?
- Yes, the minimum age to attend is 18. The nightclub at the end will not admit individuals under the age of 21.
- Can I bring some wine, beer, Cosmos, etc on the bus?
- No, it is against New York State law to consume alcohol on a bus. We do usually stop at one of the bars for Cosmos though, so if you're interested in joining in, please make sure to bring sufficient cash and a valid ID.
- If the package is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- No, On Location Tours does not keep a waiting list for our tours. Tours usually sell out, and often well in advance, so please make sure to purchase your tickets far in advance, especially if you have limited time availability.
- Can I just purchase tickets to the movie and nightclub?
- Unfortunately no. The items in the Sex and the City Hotspots Movie Package cannot be purchased separately. If you are just interested in taking the bus tour portion, please check out our full calendar of events for the bus-only portion.
- Can I just purchase the tour?
- Yes. The Sex and the City Hotspots tour runs almost every day as a 3.5 hour tour without being included in the Movie Package. Please check our full calendar of events for availability.
- Are food and drink included in the package? Can I bring my own?
- A cupcake at the bakery where Miranda stuffed cupcakes into her mouth is included on the tour. We will also stop at one of the bars used on the show where cosmos and other drinks will be available for purchase. Alcohol is completely prohibited on the bus. Dinner will be provided as part of the package after the tour. You may bring your own food or nonalcoholic beverage if it is neat and you're sure to remove all garbage from the bus at the end of the tour. Please note that no personal foods or drinks may be brought into Fresco.
- What is on the menu for dinner?
- Dinner will be a delicious, upscale buffet at a restaurant in Manhattan called Fresco. The buffet will include chicken, fish, salads, flatbread pizza, pasta, and dessert. There will be plenty of vegetarian options.
- Where is the after party? Is that where the package event ends?
- The after party is at a nightclub called Marquee and will start at approximately 11pm. There is only transportation from the movie theater to the after party on the tours/packages starting between 2 and 3pm. This will be the last stop of the event and you will have to obtain your own transportation from this point.
- What exact locations do we visit on the tour?
- The exact itinerary and route of the tour varies somewhat from tour to tour, so we can't say ahead of time exactly which locations will be visited on a specific tour. There are usually four scheduled stops on each tour, including various bars, shops, and other locations-- but tour routes may differ from tour to tour. You will be provided with a handout that lists many of the real-life locations on the tour so you can revisit them at your leisure afterwards.
- Will we see locations from the movie?
- There are a limited number of movie sites from both movies worked into the tour, but the focus remains on famous scenes and locations from the TV series.
- Are the tours conducted in English only?
- While we do offer a special German version of the tour on Saturdays at 11am, the scheduled SATC Movie Package tours are only conducted in English. Since so much of the tour is visual, however, visitors from countries like Japan, Germany, France, Spain, and plenty of others have enjoyed the tour just the same!
- Are we on the bus the whole tour?
- Absolutely not. The tour takes place on a coach bus since the locations are spread out all around Manhattan. But we get off the bus at a number of locations along the way, giving you the opportunity to experience the locations and take pictures. Whenever you leave the bus, it is with the tour guide. The tour includes a mix of on-the-bus viewings of locations and stops to get off the bus to explore, all woven into the Sex and the City story by your tour guide.
- What type of bus is used?
- The tour is conducted on a closed coach bus.
- Is there a bathroom on the bus?
- Almost all of the buses used on the Sex and the City Tour have bathrooms.
- Are the buses handicapped accessible?
- Yes, but you need to contact On Location Tours directly before booking your tickets to arrange a wheelchair accessible bus, if needed. To do this, please click “Contact OnLocation” to the left of the page. You will need to make this arrangement at least 2 weeks in advance of the tour. In addition, only manual or non-motorized wheelchairs can be used on the buses, even when a pre-arrangement is made. However, If you will be using a fold-up wheelchair and will be traveling with someone who can provide assistance on and off the bus, you do not need to inform us ahead of time as all of our buses have room in the luggage compartment to store it.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes. While photography and filming are not allowed on the bus portion of the package, there are some great spots for taking photos and video at our numerous stops along the way.
- Can I take luggage on the tour?
- No. Since this special event ends at a nightclub where luggage may not be accepted, we recommend that you do NOT bring any luggage or other excess baggage with you to the event.
- Is there a dress code for the after party?
- Though the club does not enforce a strict dress code, they request that you please dress in neat attire (no sneakers). Feel free to dress up, or even dress like your favorite character on the show! We've had plenty of Carries, Samanthas, Mirandas and Charlottes!
- Which movie theater are we going to?
- The movie theater is in a prime Manhattan location, the details of which we will provide you with on the day of the event!
- Are gift certificates available for the tour?
- No, gift certificates are not available for this package.
- Is there transportation from the nightclub?
- No. There is no transportation from the nightclub.
- Is this the star-studded red carpet premiere with Sarah Jessica Parker and the other SATC ladies?
- No, this is not the red carpet premiere, it is just an opportunity to see the movie when it first comes out with a whole bunch of other SATC fans!
- Is there anything else I should know?
- Please note that On Location Tours reserves the right to remove anyone from the package who becomes unruly, heavily intoxicated, or harmful in any manner to themselves or others. Anyone removed from the package will not be allowed back on and will not be given a refund.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- All participants must be at least 18 years of age in order to attend this special event.
- Children under the age of 18 will not be admitted, as the content of the tour and several of its stops are not suitable for younger children. This event is geared towards more mature audiences.
- Only participants age 21 and up (with valid ID) will be admitted to the club after party.
- To attend the after party, you must be age 21 or older and have proper government-issued ID (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued ID). Refunds will not be provided for those under age 21 or without sufficient ID.
On Location Tours
On Location Tours has been featured in thousands of media outlets around the world, including TV Guide, Newsweek, Businessweek, Entertainment Weekly, The Today Show, HBO, and the Travel Channel's TV Road Trip.
The aim of On Location Tours is to allow people the opportunity to straddle fiction and reality, letting them feel as though they are part of the TV show or movie, ultimately bringing them closer to the characters themselves.