This four hour, guided, narrated bus tour takes you through New Jersey's Sopranoland, leaving from the Garment District in Manhattan.
You'll learn Sopranos trivia, origins of the show, and production information along the way... not to 'fuhgid aboud' mafia speak and a stop at the restaurant in the final episode!
The tour features over 40 real-life locations from the show, including:
- Take a peek inside Bada Bing's
- See Father Phil's Parish
- Sit on the steps of the diner where Chris was shot
- Visit the spot where Big Pussy spoke with the FBI
- Go on location to the high school where A.J. dumped pizza boxes into the pool
- See Pizzaland, the Muffler Man, and other sites from the opening credits
- Sit at the booth where Tony sat in the restaurant where the final scene of the series was filmed
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|firsthound||Sat, Oct 18 10:00 AM||Male||50-59||International Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Early last year I saw a weekend newspaper 'promo for the tour, I am sure it was in The London Times? Anyway it was the spark to encourage a trip to NYC...sometime! We finally made it and the tour proved to be our final event on the last full day of our stay. First of all, so good the meeting point was so easily found, and recognised after we alighted our bus at the PORT Authority. Who could miss that 'button'? As soon as I met Marc Baron, our host - I knew the next 4 hours would be a pleasure. He immediately came over as someone who really wanted to provide the best for us and not just there to do a job and pick up his fee. His knowledge of the series is enviable and I learned so much that morning. By knowing the subject so well, not only was it a compliment to David Chase and the people who made 'The Soprano's' happen, but a clear illustration of the respect Marc has for the visitors who are on the bus. I feel the time was perfectly paced and the breaks away from the bus just right. I appreciated the fact Marc was up front in explaining why 'Tony's House' was not part of the morning's trip in view of time and geography constraints. When we arrived at 'The Bada Bing' I had to smile as the location was less than 3 miles from our Motel near Teterboro Airport! And it was so nice Marc took the time to follow up and email some images we could not get during the tour. Wonderful! I intend to write a piece for my local newspaper for inclusion in their holiday section, and hopefully it will illustrate the tour works so well, whether you have seen 'The Soprano's' or not. Thank you for putting together this unique opportunity to celebrate this landmark series in television history. To be honest I would have paid more to have this chance to follow the footsteps of Tony, Silvio, Uncle Jr. et al. So the tour is superb value for your dollar. As I told Marc, it was a privilege to be part of the tour. I will always have that feeling. I wish you continued success.
|lisakalinows||Sat, Oct 11 10:00 AM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
We absolutely loved this tour. Our Guide, Mark, was phenomenal in every way. My family did this one before but I was unable to attend. Thankfully, they did it again so that I, too, could experience this with them. Thank you for an incredible day and a forever memory!
Obsessed with Sopranos!
|Eggnog328||Sat, Oct 11 10:00 AM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
This tour was exactly what we hoped it would be! We have watched every episode 8+ times- so we loved every detail of the trip, the trivia our guide provided, and each location visited! Would not recommend for someone not interested in the show, of course. It is over 4 hours, wish they could shorten to 3-3.5 hours? It was money and time well spent for my husband and I!
|Robfit1985||Sat, Oct 4 10:00 AM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified|
Well worth it.
Best tour ever!!!
|cbeck303||Sat, Oct 4 10:00 AM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Let me begin by simply stating, "Marc Baron was so detailed, enthusiastic, interesting, and extremely professional. My daughters and I were so impressed by the explanations and attention to detail provided by Marc. Even thou the weather did not co-operate for the first two hours it was the best time we as a family had ever experienced on a tour of this nature. Thanks to all, associated with the company, kudos extended!!!
|CostelloH||Sat, Oct 4 10:00 AM||Male||50-59||International Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Very much enjoyed the tour. The tour guide was very informative and fun. Tour was very well organized. I would recommend it to all.
A must-do for any fan of this brilliant show.
|PeterB1986||Sat, Sep 27 10:00 AM||Male||20-29||International Tourist(s)||Individual|
Loved it. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and friendly and really made the tour enjoyable with his trivia, unknown facts and general prompts when he passed points of note. Just being in some the places where they shot this amazing show was brilliant for me. Loved Satin Dolls and the onion rings at the diner where the final episode scene is shot. Shame Satriales has been knocked down but still great seeing the site where it stood. I say again, if you loved the show you won;t be disappointed. Thanks guys.
Sopranos lives on
|driqbal||Sat, Sep 27 10:00 AM||Male||40-49||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
What a great tour for the genuine Sopranos fan! Engaging and entertaining from the outset. Well-researched and a whole lot of fun thanks to Marc Barron. Also a great tour of New Jersey and great views of Manhattan. Highlights include Holstens (the diner in the final controversial episode) and the infamous BadaBing gentleman's bar. Would highly recommend this tour to anyone. Thanks again.
|mattyccfc||Sat, Sep 27 10:00 AM||Male||40-49||International Tourist(s)||Other|
Superb tour. Very informative tour guide. Lots of sites visited from the show. Had onion rings in holstens and a beer in bada bing! Plus you meet Vito at the starting point for a photo opportunity and a signed photo
A lot of fun and impressed by the detailed info.
|pieterb||Sat, Sep 27 10:00 AM||Unspecified||Unspecified||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
My wife and I enjoyed the tour very much. The tourguide, Marc Baron, wasinvolved with the series himself. We were really impressed by his detailed knowledge of all the names, relations, storylines etc. His inside stories about the show, but also his down-to-earth comments about the reality of an actor's job were quite interesting. You don't have to be a Sopranos nerd to enjoy the tour, it's interesting enough for all types of fans.
- If the tour is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- No, On Location Tours does not keep a waiting list for our tours. Tours usually sell out, and often well in advance, so please make sure to purchase your tickets far in advance, especially if you have limited time availability.
- Is there an age limit on this tour?
- Children under 12 years old, including babies, are unfortunately not allowed on the tour, as the content of the tour and several of its stops are not suitable for young children. Additionally, tour participants under the age of 17 must be accompanied by an adult of at least 18 years of age. Please also keep in mind that a couple of the stops on the tour - such as the Bada Bing - do have their own age minimums, and it is up to the discretion of these establishments whom to allow in.
- Where does the tour end?
- At the end of the tour, the bus heads back to Manhattan to drop off at 40th Street and 7th Avenue, just one block north from the location where the tour began.
- Are we on the bus the whole tour?
- No. We get off the bus at a few locations along the way, giving you the opportunity to experience the locations and take pictures. Whenever you leave the bus, it is with the tour guide. The tour includes a mix of on-the-bus viewings of locations and stops to get off the bus to explore, all woven into the Sopranos story.
- What exact locations do we visit?
- The exact itinerary and route of the tour varies somewhat from tour to tour, so we can't say ahead of time exactly which locations will be visited on a specific tour. There are usually 3-4 scheduled stops on each tour, but due to weather, traffic conditions, etc, tour routes may differ from tour to tour. The Bada Bing is a location that is almost always stops on the tour. Please note that Tony's house on the TV show is not an included stop on the tour because: * The house is located an hour away from the tour route. * The house is located in a private residential neighborhood that does not allow buses.
- Is there ever a circumstance when a location is omitted from the tour?
- While it is extremely rare, we do sometimes need to skip or modify certain locations that usually are part of the tour. Since the tour is visiting real-life locations around New Jersey, the tour's itinerary can sometimes be impacted by traffic conditions, store hours, etc. On Location Tours assumes no liability or responsibility for: traffic conditions, access to sites, or other conditions beyond its control.
- Are food and drink included on the tour? Can I bring my own?
- No food or drinks are served on the tour besides maybe a light snack, but you can feel free to bring something of your own if it is neat and you're sure to remove all garbage from the bus at the end of the tour. Alcohol is completely prohibited on the bus.
- Can I bring beer, wine, etc on the bus?
- No, it is against New York State law and New Jersey State law to consume alcohol on a bus.
- Can I buy Sopranos merchandise on the tour?
- Yes. You have the opportunity to purchase Sopranos merchandise at one of the scheduled stops on the tour.
- I heard I get to meet one of the actors from the show on the tour. Is this true?
- While the actor who plays Vito often makes appearances on the tour, this is subject to his availability. Due to his hectic and often unpredictable filming schedule, we never know until the day of the tour whether he will be able to make it. Cross your fingers!
- Are the tours conducted in English only?
- Yes, the Sopranos Tour is only conducted in English at this time. Since so much of the tour is visual, however, visitors from countries such as Japan, Germany, France, Spain and many others have enjoyed the tour just the same!
- What type of bus is used?
- The tour is conducted on a closed coach bus. It is heated in the winter and air conditioned in the summer.
- Is there assigned seating on the bus?
- Priority seating offers guaranteed assigned seating. Otherwise, seating is first come, first serve. If you have a number of people in your party that want to sit together, you should make sure to arrive 15-20 minutes early. Guests that arrive late or right at the starting time are much more likely to have to split up their group.
- Is there a bathroom on the bus?
- Almost all of the buses used on the Sopranos Tour have bathrooms.
- Are the buses handicapped accessible?
- Yes, but you need to contact On Location Tours directly before booking your tickets to arrange a wheelchair accessible bus, if needed. To do this, please click “Contact OnLocation” to the left of the page. With a minimum of 48 hours in writing, we are able to provide a handicap accessible bus. We make our best efforts to accommodate requests with less than 48 hours notice. The wheelchair lifts can accommodate up to approximately 600 pounds total; manual wheelchairs are recommended for this reason. Most buses are equipped with on-board restrooms. Buses are not equipped with lap or shoulder belts or harnesses. However, If you will be using a fold-up wheelchair and will be traveling with someone who can provide assistance on and off the bus, you do not need to inform us ahead of time as all of our buses have room in the luggage compartment to store it.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes. While photography and filming are not allowed on the bus portion of the tour, there are some great spots for taking photos and video at our numerous stops along the way.
- Can I take luggage on the tour?
- The Sopranos Tour is conducted on a coach bus, so limited storage space is available. Please keep in mind that there will be several stops of up to 15-20 minutes each where we will be leaving the bus. If you are not comfortable leaving your belongings on the bus during this time, you might want to reconsider bringing them.
- Do we meet anyone famous at the tour?
- At times, but very rarely, “Vito” (played by Joe Gannascoli) will make an appearance at the tour. He is normally not present at the tour because he is either doing acting work or autograph shows.
- Are gift certificates available for the tour?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for all On Location tours and make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this activity, please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- How is my gift certificate delivered? Can I print it out now and give it to the recipient myself?
- Yes, you can! When you purchase your gift certificate online, you will be presented immediately with your gift certificate so that you can print it out and deliver it. If you buy it over the phone, a link to your gift certificate will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is completed.
- What if I want the gift certificate emailed to the recipient instead?
- That's no problem, either! When you purchase your gift certificate, just select the option to have the certificate emailed directly to the recipient and provide their email address. You'll even be able to decide whether you want the email sent immediately or if you'd prefer to schedule it to be emailed on a future date. (For instance, if you want to buy it today so you don't forget, but you don't want it emailed to the recipient until their special day!)
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes, private tours are available. Most groups, however, decide to attend the public tour for two reasons. First, it is usually significantly less expensive. Second, part of the fun of the tour is interacting with all the other Sopranos buffs that take the public tour. If you are interested in booking a private tour, contact On Location Tours by clicking “Contact OnLocation” to the left of the page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Children under 12 are not allowed on the Sopranos tour.
- Children under 12 years old are not allowed on the tour, as the content of the tour and several of its stops are not suitable for young children. Tour participants under the age of 17 must accompanied by an adult of at least 18 years of age.
On Location Tours
On Location Tours has been featured in thousands of media outlets around the world, including TV Guide, Newsweek, Businessweek, Entertainment Weekly, The Today Show, HBO, and the Travel Channel's TV Road Trip.
The aim of On Location Tours is to allow people the opportunity to straddle fiction and reality, letting them feel as though they are part of the TV show or movie, ultimately bringing them closer to the characters themselves.