You’ll enjoy 8 distinct craft beers--each brewed on-site--representing a vast range of styles. During the tasting, Eric Matzke (one of the owners of City Food Tours) will share some fun facts about how beer is made, the quirky stories behind each of the 8 brews you taste, and pairing suggestions. Samples of malted barleys and hops will also be available to smell and taste. Everyone is welcome to ask questions.
We'll even be able to enjoy a taste of the brewery's delicious flatbread pizza with our beer!
We'll also treat you to hearty portions of 4 fantastic farmstead cheeses. In addition to tasting, we’ll share the inside scoop on how cheeses are made, the 7 groups of cheeses, and answer any questions guests may have.
Not just for beer lovers! With 8 stellar beers, 4 amazing cheeses, and great fun facts and tips, there's something for everyone!
Perfect for individuals, couples, and out-of-town guests! Great for Birthdays, Anniversaries, dates, and kicking off a night out on the town!
This entertaining and casual tasting takes place in one great location.
This is a tasting adventure, not a full meal. All guests must be 21 years old.
What Is Not Included?
Gratuity is not included in ticket price.
Be sure to bring extra cash or credit if you plan on eating or drinking after the tasting.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance to guarantee your spots. This tasting sells out quickly! Tickets can be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
- What if I have food allergies or dietary restrictions?
- We are happy to accommodate vegetarians, dietary restrictions, and special needs. Please make a note when purchasing tour tickets. We'll do everything we can to arrange substitutes for you. City Food Tours and event participants are responsible for all the food and beverages they consume. If you have any allergies or concerns about ingredients please ask your guide or event leader before consuming anything.
- Are children allowed to attend this tasting?
- Since an important part of the tasting includes alcoholic beverages, no one under 21 is permitted. We have other, excellent options for people under 21. To check them out, please click on the CityFoods link on the left-hand side of this page.
- If this tasting is sold out can I get on a waiting list?
- Unfortunately there are no waiting lists for this activity. Please check another date/time for availability.
- What happens if it rains?
- The tasting will take place in all light weather conditions. The event is held indoors at one location. In rare circumstances such as a heavy snow storm, a hurricane, or other extreme weather and travel to the venue is unsafe, the event will be canceled. All you would have to do is reschedule for another date.
- What places will we visit?
- This tasting adventure is held in one of the city's best microbreweries. Please see the event description for more details.
- How much food will I eat during the tasting?
- You'll be tasting a variety of cheeses and beers during the event, as well as a homemade pretzel. Please keep in mind that this event is not designed to be a full and balanced meal, but instead a tasting adventure!
- Will I be able to drink anything during the tasting?
- Yes! This tasting features a flight of fantastic beers. Water will also be available.
- Is there a lot of walking?
- This event takes place at one location, so there will be no walking involved. This means more time to eat and drink!
- Will I have the opportunity to purchase anything?
- Yes! Please bring extra cash or credit if you think you might like to purchase additional drinks after the tasting, or stick around for dinner. All guests will receive 15% off their food bill if they choose to stay for dinner. (The 15% off does not include beverages.)
- I'm from the Philly area. Is this event still good for me?
- Absolutely! During this tasting you will explore a place that you probably don't know about, have the opportunity to meet food experts, and learn many new things about food. You will see one of the coolest spots in the city and experience your hometown in a totally new way.
- Are there bathrooms available during the tasting?
- Yes, bathrooms will be available throughout the tasting. We'll be sure to tell everyone where they are at the beginning of the tasting.
- Is the tasting wheelchair accessible?
- The location used on our tasting is wheelchair accessible. We encourage anyone in a wheelchair to join in on the fun, and we are happy to make any necessary accommodations discreetly. You must make a note during your purchase that a member of your party uses a wheelchair or cannot climb steps.
- Do you have private tastings?
- Yes, we do offer private tasting. Please click "Contact PhillyFoods" to the left of the page to request more information.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Absolutely! Please click "Contact PhillyFoods" to request more information.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- All participants must be age 21 or over with valid ID.
- Each attendee must be age 21 or older and have proper government-issued ID (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued ID). Refunds will not be provided for those under age 21 or without sufficient ID.
City Food Tours & Events
Eric has lived in the city since 1997 and has extensive teaching and tour-guide experience. He also completed a number of culinary classes at The Philadelphia Restaurant School.
He's appeared on TV many times, speaking about everything from Aphrodisiacs and Beer, to Brazilian Barbeque and Blue Cheese. He's the talent behind all of our holiday and special event tours, and has an incurable attraction to Kim chee.