You’ll stroll through Central Park’s scenic 843 acres, as your guide and native New Yorker entertains you with plenty of local tips. Enjoy the culture of Uptown Manhattan's vibrant neighborhoods and historic brownstones.
Choose between our 2 or 3 hour version:
Your tour begins in Times Square and continues through Central Park’s best, including:
- The Reservoir which is overlooked by the skyline
- Strawberry Fields named after John Lennon’s famous song
- The Wildlife Center and its showcase of animals from all around the world
- Sheep's Meadow a lush pastoral setting for stunning photos
- The Bow Bridge a specatacular cast iron bridge spanning sixty feet
- Bethesda Fountain at the heart of the Park overlooking the Lake
Time permitting, we can explore many of New York's other popular destinations such as Midtown, Downtown, Soho and the Brooklyn Bridge.
We want to accommodate you as much as possible – after all this is a private tour. So, you set the pace and decide which locations we visit.
Each two hour tour comes with more than 75 professional photos on a CD-ROM, and the three hour version comes with more than 125. The CD is delivered to your hotel 24-48 hours after the tour finishes, or can be mailed to your home for an additional fee.
What Is Not Included?
- What is the difference between your tours?
- The Best of New York Tour is a comprehensive tour of various New York City neighborhoods. The amount of different locations we visit and pictures we take depends on the length of your tour (three hour tours are more extensive than the two hour versions). The Best of New York City Tour is our most popular.
- Is the CD locked or unlocked?
- The CD is unlocked. ou are free to make prints and enlargements. No problem.
- Can we burn the photos to a Flash Drive?
- Yes. If you provide us with a Flash Drive, we can burn the photos and deliver the Flash drive within 24-48 hours to your hotel.
- Where do we meet? Can you meet us at our hotel?
- The designated meeting location is the top steps of The New Victory Theater, 209 West 42nd Street, between 7th & 8th Avenues. Alternatively, we can meet you at your hotel concierge desk, as long as it is located in Manhattan. If you are interested in this option, please indicate the name and address of the hotel when you purchase your tickets.
- Do you offer group discounts?
- Yes! We offer group discounts for all of our tours. If you purchase 3 or more tickets, you will receive an automatic $25 discount per ticket!
- What happens if it rains or snows? What is your refund policy?
- The tour may be cancelled due to inclement weather. If this happens we will try to reschedule you to another convenient time. If we are unable to reschedule, we offer a full refund.
- When will we receive the photos?
- You will have the photos delivered to your hotel within 24 to 48 hours. If you are leaving that day, we can mail the photos to you at an additional charge (approximate postage fee).
- Are photos included in the price of the tour?
- Yes. We will provide you with at least 75 images on a CD for the two hour tour and at least 125 images on a CD for the three hour tour. You will never have any less, and almost always you have more.
- How will we get around the city?
- We will be walking from one location to another for most of the tour. When needed, however, we will take a subway. This will be a good time for the guide/photographer to orientate you to the NYC subway system and capture some photos along the way. The cost of the subway is not included in the price of the tour. One ride is $2.00 or a one-day unlimited pass is $7.50. Subway metro-cards can be purchased during the tour.
- Is this more of a historical or photographic tour?
- Our tours are designed as photographic tours. We can certainly give you some history to your points of interest. However, our primary goal is to provide you with professional quality photos of you prominently placed in front of New York City landmarks. We would prefer to cover as many locations as possible, at a pace that is comfortable for you, providing you with a variety of photos all the way.
- Are the itineraries flexible?
- Yes, our two and three hour Best of New York Tours are flexible so we can accommodate your individual requirements. Please keep in mind, though, we want to provide you with as many photographs around NYC as possible within the time permitted.
- Are there restrooms along the tour route?
- Yes! There are plenty of available restrooms along the tour route. If you should need to stop, our experienced guides will gladly direct you to the nearest restroom.
- How much walking is involved?
- The tours run either two or three hours long and will require a good deal of walking. However, as the tour is exclusive to your group, we will go at a comfortable pace for you.
- What if I’m a New York native? Will I still enjoy this tour?
- Yes! You will have your picture taken by a professional photographer in some of the most striking locations in the city. Tourists and locals alike will be able to capture memories with their family and friends with the beauty of New York as their backdrop.
- Will there be other people on the tour?
- The tour is private, exclusive to you and your group (2-8 people).
- Can you accommodate groups of more than 8 people? What about private/corporate events?
- Yes, we can provide our services for groups from 9-50, as well. Please inquire about our group pricing by clicking “Contact PhotoTrek”.
- Do we go the top of the Empire State Building or visit Statue of Liberty?
- These two locations often have lines ranging from 30-90 minutes and the Statue of Liberty is only accessible by ferry, which makes the total travel time significantly longer. We cannot capture you all around NYC while devoting so much of our time together to standing in lines. But, we encourage you to visit these locations after the tour is over. We will happily give you directions to any of these spots and even end the tour in the vicinity of your final destination.
- Will I be able to print photos from the CD ROM?
- Yes, no problem.
- Can I stop to buy food or drinks along the way? What about souvenirs?
- You are free to set the pace of your tour. However, we have found that our participants are usually eager to capture as many photos as possible during our time together. You can always visit local restaurants and shops at the end of the tour, and our tour guides are always happy to assist you.
- Can I bring my own camera and take extra pictures?
- Yes, of course!
- Are specific locations ever omitted from the tour?
- While it is extremely rare, we do sometimes need to skip or modify certain scheduled locations. The tour's itinerary can sometimes be impacted by traffic conditions, construction, etc. But don’t worry! You’ll still capture just as many amazing photos around New York City.
- Is the tour wheelchair- and/or stroller-accessible?
- Unfortunately, this tour involves a good deal of walking and is not really suitable for wheelchairs or strollers.
- Will you act as a witness for a wedding ceremony?
- Yes, we would be more than pleased to do so.
- Are the tours conducted in English only?
- Yes, the tours are only conducted in English. However, the main attraction of our tour is experiencing the sights of New York while having your photo taken. Our non-English speaking guests will still enjoy this tour and the beautiful photos they take home.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes, we do offer gift certificates. For more information, please click the "Contact PhotoTrek" link.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Tour may be cancelled due to inclement weather.
- In the event of inclement weather, the seller may need to cancel the tour. In the rare situation the seller must cancel the tour, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability), receive credit for a future tour, or receive a full refund.
Marc Samuels, PhotoTrek’s founder and tour guide, combines his passion for photography, people, and his favorite city to create a truly memorable experience. You will feel completely at home as you take in the culture, landmarks, and enthusiasm of New York.
Plus, the remarkable photos you receive of your experience in New York will make your visit truly unforgettable.
PhotoTrek Tours has been rated superbly by its consumers in media like CitySearch, TripAdvisor, and NY Magazine (Top NYC TOUR)!
We look forward to showing you around the most exciting city in the world!