PhotoWalks now offers a fun and adventurous way to explore the city with your camera, friends and family. Compete against other teams on a Photo Scavenger Hunt! Test your sleuthing skills and capture memorable pictures from different angles of your adventures as you journey around the city of Boston!
Sunday, June 9 - Waterfront and North End Hunt
Weds. July 3 - Freedom Trail Hunt
Here’s how it works:
- You’ll be given a list of challenging clues to solve in a 3 hour time span.
- Your team must complete 10 of the 15 clues in each section.
- Take your answer sheet and photos (either on your own digital camera or smartphone) to the Photo Finish Line for verification.
- For each incorrect answer, you will have to go back and solve the clue(s) until 10 are completed correctly.
- First team to complete 10 challenges correctly wins!
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance to guarantee your spots. Tours sell out quickly! Tickets can be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
- What about taking children on the scavenger hunt?
- Sure! Photo Scavenger Hunts are a fun family activity. Children of all ages are welcome on this tour. Children between the ages of 10 and 17 have a reduced price ticket. Children under the age of 10 are free and do not need a ticket to attend. Please do let us know how many children ages 10 or under you are planning to bring with you upon purchasing your tickets.
- How long is the Photo Scavenger Hunt?
- You’ll be given a list of challenging clues to solve in a 3 hour time span.Your team must complete 10 of the 15 clues in each section. Take your answer sheet and photos(either on your own digital camera or smartphone) to the Photo Finish Line for verification. For each incorrect answer, you will have to go back and solve a clue(s) until 10 are completed correctly. First team to complete 10 challenges correctly wins!
- Do I have to have a camera to join the tour?
- No. However, one person on your team must have a digital camera or use a smartphone to capture pictures to solve the clues.
- What kind of camera can I bring on tour?
- You can bring any camera you'd like on the tour, or no camera at all! One person on your team must have a digital camera or use a smartphone to capture pictures to solve the clues.
- What if I have no experience with photography?
- No problem! You don't have to take amazing pictures to solve the clues, just correct ones!
- Are there restrooms along the tour route?
- Please use public restrooms at some of the area hotels along the route.
- Can I stop to buy food or beverages along the way?
- Yes, you can, but keep in mind that you only have 3 hours to complete the whole hunt.
- Is the route wheelchair accessible?
- It is, but some roads might be treacherous, so unfortunately it is not advisable.
- Can I bring a pet with me on the tour?
- Unfortunately, no. You'll be racing around Boston trying to solve clues.
- What should I bring with me on the tour?
- Please wear comfortable shoes and bring a rain jacket or umbrella if rain is predicted as we will be walking. Also consider bringing spare batteries and extra memory cards along with your camera just in case! You may bring any snacks/drinks with you on the tour as well.
- What is the average group size?
- That depends on the number of people participating in the Photo Scavenger Hunt.
- What happens if it rains?
- We do go out rain or shine. However, in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions, the Photo Scavenger Hunt will be canceled for safety reasons. You would be allowed to reschedule to another date and time or receive credit for a future event.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Absolutely! PhotoWalks gift certificates make great experience gifts and stocking stuffers. To purchase a gift certificate, please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Are private tours offered?
- Yes. If you're interested in a private tour, please click on the "Contact PhotoWalks" link to inquire further.
- Do you offer photography classes?
- Yes, we sometimes can provide private photography classes. If you are interested, please click on the "Contact PhotoWalks" link to request a class.
In addition to the Photo Scavenger Hunt, PhotoWalks offers five separate photo tours: Beacon Hill (year round), Back Bay (year round), Freedom Trail *includes the North End*(year round), Public Garden (mid-April – mid-September), and Waterfront (May – September). Come join us today for this unique and rewarding experience!