Here's what you'll get on the Lower East Side Pizza Walk:
- Full slices at each of three pizzeria stops
- History of one of the city's most diverse neighborhoods
- A Pocket Pizza Journal so you can take detailed notes
- Pizza styles may include Neapolitan, Roman, New York Slice, Sicilian, Grandma and MORE!
What people are saying. . .
"No bus tour ever tasted this good." - NY Daily News
"The tastiest tour in town!" - NBC's Today in New York
"I love Scott's Pizza Tour!" - FOX 5 News
SPT's tours have also been featured on the Travel Channel, Cooking Channel and the Discovery Channel.
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
An awesome time
|mcasale32||Sun, Oct 12 4:30 PM||Unspecified||20-29||Local||Group of Friends|
Laughed the entire time and got to eat amazing food! I would highly reccomend Scott's pizza tours to anyone who is looking for a unique NYC experience(especially foodies!). Scott was fantastic!!
enthusiastic info w/ passion for food
|SalvatoreMig||Sun, Sep 14 4:30 PM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Local||Family Without Children|
Joseph of Scott's Pizza Tours is as dedicated and knowledgeable about pizza as Scott. If you have ever taken a tour with Scott, you will know about what I am stating, We have been on previous tours and have enjoyed them immensely. There is no facet of the pizza industry or history that these gentlemen do not know and they eagerly share with their clients.It was an extremely enjoyable way to spend a Sunday afternoon in the lower east side and I will recommend it to all who enjoy pizza and would want to learn a little more about it's history and it's universal appeal.
Great food and fun
|mlips841||Sun, Aug 17 4:30 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
This is my 3rd tour with Scott's Pizza tours and it was another fabulous tour! Scott is so much fun and is really passionate about Pizza. I highly recommend this tour to everyone regardless or age.
Joseph is a great guy and fun, knowledgeable..
|bouanfujieki||Sun, Jul 13 4:30 PM||Female||60-69||Unspecified||Family With Children|
My son and I enjoy the short tour. It ended up perfectly at late Sunday afternoon and knowing more of history of pizza.
|LauraDFJames||Sun, Jul 6 4:30 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
My friend and I decided to book a Scott's Pizza tour because we have been to the city many times and have done all of the "major" tourist attractions, so we wanted to try something a little different. The tour was a great time--not only did we get to try 3 different kinds of pizza, but we learned the history of pizza and the history of pizza in that particular area. What made the tour so great was our awesome tour guide, Joe. Joe was extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic. I highly recommend this tour, not only for the yummy pizza, but also for the overall experience. We will definitely be trying one of their other pizza tours in the future!
|Argetman||Sun, Jun 22 4:30 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Scott did a wonderful job explaining the history of pizza, the lower east side, and the different types of pizza!
Passionate pizza guys!
|NancyWI||Sun, Jun 8 4:30 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
We had both Joe and Scott escorting our group through the Lower East Side. I've never seen two guys so passionate about what they do! It was great to learn about the differences in Pizza styles, the chemistry of why the various types of pizza are different and the differences the various kinds of ovens make. It was a wonderful afternoon, although we had trouble finishing our slices.
|jamiejablono||Sun, Jun 1 4:30 PM||Female||20-29||Local||Other|
Our tour guide, Joe, was awesome! He had such high energy and enthusiasm and it was contagious! We brought a group of high school students as a weekend activity and they LOVED it. The pizza was unbelievable and we learned so much about pizza and the Lower East Side. There's so much packed into this tour and more than enough food! We needed a take home box and all left stuffed. BEST tour in NYC by far- and one of the best tour guides as well!!
Learning never tasted so good
|harmantom||Sun, May 18 4:30 PM||Male||30-39||Local||Couple on a Date|
What can I say? The tour was excellent. Scott and his co-host were fantastic guides, their enthusiasm and extensive knowledge made for a really engaging way to see the Lower East Side and learn more about a topic so close to the heart of New Yorkers, pizza. The tour consisted of 3 slices, each at a different location with it's own unique take on the cheese, tomato and dough formula. You'll experience the birth of pizza in Naples, through a classic New York slice before ending up with a wonderful Sicilian-style slice. Bon appetit!
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Yes. Tours have a limited capacity and often sell out. If you are planning to make reservations for several people, it's a good idea to purchase tickets well in advance. Tickets may be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express online or by phone.
- What do I receive for the price of a ticket?
- Your ticket gets you a 3-hour course in pizza history, which includes slices at three of the city's top pizzerias! Every participant will receive a goody bag complete with candies and other items that will enhance the tour experience.
- Am I required to purchase a ticket for a child?
- Children under the age of four are welcome to join us free of charge as long as you are willing to share your slices with them. Limit is one child under four per adult. All others must purchase a general ticket.
- What is the difference between the different public tours?
- Our walking tours all concentrate on the history and science of pizza in New York City. Each makes stops at three pizzerias and several points of interest in their respective neighborhoods. The main difference is neighborhood, as each pocket of pizzerias is the product of its surroundings. The Crosstown Pizza Walk tends to be about 1.5 miles of walking whereas the Greenwich Village Pizza Walk and Lower East Side Pizza Walk each cover about a mile. All tours include slices of pizza, goody bags, and explanations of pizza culture and tradition.
- Does weather affect the tour?
- All walking tours run rain or shine. Please dress appropriately for the weather, as we will be outside for most of the tour.
- How long is the walk?
- We'll cover about 1 mile on the LES Pizza Walk. Please remember to wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for weather, as the majority of the tour will be outside.
- Where does the tour end?
- Each tour ends within a few blocks of its starting point. Exact end locations vary by day, as we do not follow the same route on every tour.
- Where will we go on this tour?
- The LES Pizza Walk covers New York pizza from a historical perspective. Historically, the Lower East Side covered a huge chunk of Manhattan from 14th Street down to Canal St but now that territory is referred to as the East Village (14th St to Houston St) and the Lower East Side (Houston to Canal) with Bowery as its western border. Some of our LES Pizza Walk tours cover what is currently referred to as the East Village and others cover the contemporary Lower East Side. On the tour itself, we'll visit three pizzerias and several points of pizza and NYC interest.
- How much time will we spend in each pizzeria?
- Our first pizza stop on the NYC Pizza Walk is a seated tasting, but after that we're on-the-go. Some of the pizzerias aren't large enough to fit our entire group, but there are plenty of restroom stops available along the way.
- Who will be my tour guide?
- Every member of our pizza enthusiast team is a licensed New York City tour guide, armed with the hunger and knowledge necessary to lead you through the landscape of NYC pizza. We do not announce who will be leading each tour in advance, but all guides have been trained personally by owner/founder Scott Wiener.
- Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- Yes! All of our stops are accessible by wheelchair.
- Is this tour appropriate for New Yorkers?
- YES! No matter how long you've lived in New York there are certainly pizzerias you have never visited. In fact, New Yorkers tend to be least aware of the pizza possibilities in their own backyards! The information and depth of your tour will bring your excitement about the dish to new levels.
- How much pizza will I eat?
- Participants are provided with three slices of pizza. If you fall in love with a slice, feel free to order a pie or two to-go! Just be sure to bring cash, as most of the old pizzerias don't take credit.
- How do we decide on toppings?
- We don't! The group will taste only cheese slices. This maintains a uniform standard upon which to evaluate the slices we consume. If you would like any extra slices with toppings, you may order them at your own cost.
- Are restrooms available during the tour?
- You are welcome to use restrooms in the sit-down pizzerias we visit at the beginning and end of the tour.
- How large will the group be?
- Capacity for the Pizza Walk is 16 but we can bump it up to 24 if the weather looks promising.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes to the thousandth degree! Pizza pictures are usually worth framing because everyone is always smiling in them. We even have a special web site where you can share your photos with other pizza pals.
- Do I need to bring anything on the tour?
- It is highly recommended that you bring a refillable container for water. We discourage the use of bottled water because of its negative impact on the environment, plus New York tap water is tasty!
- Should I eat before taking this tour?
- It's always a good idea to start your digestive engine before the tour begins.
- Are tours conducted in English only?
- Yes. It is the belief of Scott's Pizza Tours that pizza defies all language barriers.
- Can I purchase a gift certificate for this tour?
- Absolutely! Gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the yellow box above.
- Can I book a private/custom tour?
- We are more than happy to accommodate your requests for private tours. Just click “Contact PizzaTours” and let us know the size of your group, whether you'd like to tour by bus or on foot, and what date/time you have in mind.
Scott's Pizza Tours
Scott's love of pizza has taken him on countless pizza hunts throughout New York's five boroughs. When the limited seating in his car became a problem, Scott rented a big yellow school bus to accommodate twenty-six of his hungriest friends and relatives.
Now you can join our guides on "New York's Cheesiest Guided Tour," complete with exciting fun facts and slices at the city's best pizzerias. Each tour is unique, so be prepared for an adventure that will take your taste buds to new heights!
Scott does not lead every tour, but all of our guides are licensed and trained to dish out slices of pizza AND information on the streets of New York.