Pizza rules New York and you'll find out why at four of the following top-rated pizzerias:
- America's first licensed pizzeria
- One of NYC's oldest coal-burning ovens
- Brooklyn's best Sicilian pie
- A classic New York slice shop
- Authentic Neapolitan pizza
- Frank Sinatra's favorite slice
The Pizza Bus is the Only Guided Tour in New York Given on a Big Yellow School Bus!
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|DrakeFerrari||Sun, Oct 12 11:00 AM||Male||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Scott is a hoot and worked hard to provide a good experience.
Scott is amazing! We had a blast.
|shwaudby||Sun, Oct 12 11:00 AM||Female||20-29||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
My mother and I had an amazing time on the bus pizza tour. Scott is hilarious! He is very knowledgeable not only about the pizza making processes for each pizzeria, but the pizzeria itself. It was so much fun, when I go back to NYC I will definitely try to get on a walking tour!
|rlandis||Sun, Oct 5 11:00 AM||Male||70+||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
Great time had by all. Scott is the best!
Fun pizza tour...
|amyloulou||Sun, Sep 21 11:00 AM||Female||Unspecified||International Tourist(s)||Unspecified|
Scott is great - very enthusiastic and friendly, and he knows how to deal with people really well. He knows how to make everyone feel comfortable. He is a fountain of knowledge about pizza, and we went to Brooklyn that day, which was fun. I would highly recommend this tour as a fun half-day out!
If you love pizza, you'll love this tour!
|StevenI||Sun, Sep 21 11:00 AM||Female||60-69||Local||Group of Friends|
Who would have thought that the oven fuel makes a difference in the taste of the pizza? And the sauce - is it cooked first or not? Does the cheese go on above or below the sauce? Do you know how to separate the slices with finesse? Scott (our guide) serves up the answers to all these questions and so much more. He slices and dices the info into tasty tidbits that you can't help but savor. The best!
extremely awesome, well informative and friendly
|IRISRIVERA||Sun, Sep 21 11:00 AM||Female||50-59||International Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Scott is a cool guy with a great personality. Very knowledgeable with Pizzas all over the world, in special NYC Pizza. As a Pizza Guru, he answered all our questions in a friendly and professional manner. He even provided tangible evidence of wheat and tomatoes used by various pizza parlors in NYC. ¡Thank you Scott for sharing with us your vast experience in Pizzas! (Iris and Anibal from Puerto Rico)
LOTS OF FUN, FOOD, & EDUCATION ABOUT MY FAV FOOD
|Abbysharpe||Sun, Sep 21 11:00 AM||Female||50-59||Local||Group of Friends|
SCOTT WAS FUN TO BE WITH....SO MUCH ENERGY AND ENTHUSIASM...HE WENT INTO THIS CREATIVE TOUR BECAUSE OF HIS OBVIOUS LOVE FOR PIZZA...TRIED SO MANY DIFFERENT TYPES OF PIZZA AND LOVED THAT IT WASN'T ABOUT SCOTTS FAVORITE BUT RATHER WHAT MAKES THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF PIZZA. EVERYONE LOOKS FOR SOMETHING ELSE THAT MAKES THEIR FAVORITE PIZZA...
great pizza, great fun!
|bethanyrn||Sun, Sep 7 11:00 AM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
This was my second time taking the tour and it was just as much fun as I'd remembered. We enjoyed seeing other areas of New York, and each pizzeria made a unique but delicious pie!
so much fun!
|ellencruz||Sun, Sep 7 11:00 AM||Female||30-39||Local||Group of Friends|
Scott is awesome! Had a fab time!
lots of fun and good food
|rilkeanheart||Sun, Aug 31 11:00 AM||Male||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Individual|
scott weiner is amazing and his tour is a lot of fun.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Yes. This tour only runs on Sundays and often sell out. If you are planning to make reservations for several people, it's a good idea to purchase tickets well in advance before spots fill up. Tickets may be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What do I receive for the price of a ticket?
- Tickets guarantee you a seat on a yellow school bus that has been specially licensed for sightseeing use throughout New York City. You will be treated to four slices of pizza, one from each of the four pizzerias we visit. Each participant will receive a goody bag complete with candies and other items that will enhance the tour experience.
- What are the differences between the bus tour and the walking tours?
- The Greenwich Village Pizza Walk covers a broad spectrum of pizza as it evolved from Naples to New York City. We stop at three different pizzerias, each of which represents a different phase in pizza's evolution. The NYC Pizza Walk focuses on the evolution of pizza after it came to NYC in the late 1800's. Our stops include three pizzerias that serve New York style pizza in its various forms. The NYC Pizza Bus takes passengers to the city's remote pizza outposts, including the outer boroughs. We'll stop at four pizzerias, eating a slice at each. All tours include pizza tastings, goody bags, and explanations of pizza culture and tradition.
- Am I required to purchase a ticket for a child?
- Tickets must be purchased for anyone requiring a seat on the bus. Children between the ages of 4 and 12 are invited to purchase a reduced-price child ticket. Children under the age of 4 are invited to join us free of charge, but must share pizza and seats with their guardian. There is a limit of 1 non-paying child per adult.
- Does weather affect the tour?
- The Pizza Bus runs rain or shine! Tour itineraries may change if weather becomes a problem but we will always run complete tours. Please dress appropriately for the weather, as we will be getting on and off the bus throughout the tour.
- Where does the tour end?
- All Pizza Bus tours end at the corner of Bowery and Prince St, just two blocks from the starting point.
- Where will we go on this tour?
- Each tour with Scott's Pizza Bus is unique. We draw our destinations from a bank of participating pizzerias throughout New York's five boroughs. Few tours will have the same itinerary but all will visit four of the city's best pizzerias.
- How many pizzerias will we visit?
- We will visit four pizzerias on the trip and eat a slice at each.
- How much time will we spend in each pizzeria?
- We'll spend approximately 25 minutes at each pizzeria.
- Do we stay on the bus for the duration of the tour?
- No. We exit the bus at every pizzeria. Depending on the weather, we may even get to eat some slices outside!
- Can I bring alcohol on the bus?
- No. It is against New York State law to consume alcohol on a bus. The pizzerias we visit do have alcoholic beverages for sale, so please be sure to bring sufficient cash and a valid ID if you would like to purchase this.
- Who will be my tour guide?
- Scott Wiener is a licensed New York City tour guide and dedicated pizza enthusiast. Scott's love for pizza and fascination with pizza culture has led him to create a forum in which pizza lovers can dish about their favorite slices and broaden their pizza palates.
- What type of bus is used?
- Scott's Pizza Tours is the only guided tour in New York City that uses a big yellow school bus! All buses are new models and pass weekly inspections by the NYC Board of Education. We only use buses that are up to code with the city's regulations and ours even has air conditioning for those hot summer days!
- Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- No, unfortunately our buses are not wheelchair accessible.
- Am I permitted to leave possessions on the bus?
- You may leave personal items on the bus, as the bus driver will always stay with the vehicle during our tastings, but it is strongly recommended that you keep valuables with you at all times. Several seats will be open for luggage and strollers.
- As a New Yorker, will I enjoy this tour?
- YES! No matter how long you've lived in New York there are certainly pizzerias you have never visited. In fact, New Yorkers tend to be least aware of the pizza possibilities in their own backyards!
- How do we decide on toppings?
- We don't! The group will taste only cheese slices. This maintains a uniform standard upon which to evaluate the slices we consume. If you would like any extra slices with toppings, you may order them at your own cost.
- Are restrooms available during the tour?
- While the bus has no restroom, the pizzerias do! It is highly recommended that you visit these restrooms at the first and final stops while the group is eating inside the restaurant.
- How large will the group be?
- We usually cap tickets at 24 per tour, but there's room for 32 if the pizzerias on the schedule are large enough to accommodate a group that large.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes to the thousandth degree! Pizza pictures are usually worth framing because everyone is always smiling in them. We even have a special web site where you can share your photos with other pizza pals.
- Do I need to bring anything on the tour?
- It is highly recommended that you bring a refillable container for water. We discourage the use of bottled water because of its negative impact on the environment, plus New York tap water is tasty!
- Should I eat before taking this tour?
- It's always a good idea to start your digestive engine before the tour begins.
- Are tours conducted in English only?
- Yes. It is the belief of Scott's Pizza Tours that pizza defies all language barriers.
- Can I purchase a gift certificate for this tour?
- Absolutely! Gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Can I book a private/custom tour?
- We are more than happy to accommodate your requests for private tours. Just click “Contact PizzaTours” and let us know the size of your group, whether you'd like to tour by bus or on foot, and what date/time you have in mind.
Scott's Pizza Tours
New Jersey's Garden Plate Magazine says, "Call Scott Wiener what you want — crazed, possessed, in serious need of a life — but you have to admire someone who has thrown himself so enthusiastically into his work, his mission."
With this mission clear, Scott has made it his duty to deliver the people to the pizza. Armed with a NYC Sightseeing Guide license and an unstoppable hunger, Scott is ready to share his favorite slices with you!