Your group of up to 16 people will have our space entirely to yourselves, as we guide you through the pizza-making process.
Your private party will:
- Begin by making dough from scratch
- Go step by step through the process of crafting the perfect pie
- Learn the secrets of sauce making, how to shape a flawless crust, tips on dressing your pizza for success, and much, much more
- Enjoy sample pizzas made by Mark as they emerge hot from the oven
- Amaze yourselves with your own pizza creations
- Leave thoroughly sated by pizza feasting and toting boxes of pizzas home that you made yourselves
- Take home dough, our detailed handout "Make Perfect Pizza at Home", and, best of all, profoundly impressive pizza-making skills that can be replicated in any home kitchen!
You'll bond over an unprecedented feast, an exceptional culinary education and an altogether unforgettable experience as you work together, spending a captivating afternoon or evening with pie pro Mark Bello. Mark will teach you how to make incredible, New York style, thin-crust pizzas using the freshest, top-shelf ingredients, imported from Italy and sourced from the finest purveyors in NYC.
What Is Not Included?
- Water, seltzer, coffee and tea are complimentary. Snazzy red Pizza a Casa aprons are on hand for all to wear during class.
- Specialty sodas, craft beers and fine Italian wines are available for additional purchase. Email email@example.com for more details.
- How do I book a private class?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your desired date, time and number of guests, and we'll get back to you asap.
- How many people can attend?
- We can host a maximum of 16 people. With a group of 12 people, everyone will have their own pizza-making station. Groups larger than 12 will be set up to work in teams of two.
- What kind of food is available?
- For a private class, we'll start off by feeding your group some sample pizzas to quell their hunger while everyone's getting settled. We make more example pizzas during the class, and then, once everyone's dough has risen, each person (or team of two for larger groups) will make up to four pizzas each. So, with a group of 12, that's 48 pizzas minimum--delicious! We keep a pantry stocked with lots of tasty goodies in addition to what's already on the menu, so there is something for everyone.
- Do you have vegetarian options?
- Yes--all of the sample pizzas that we make are meatless, and we've keep our fridge stocked with plenty of options for herbivores and carnivores alike.
- Why do you charge a flat rate?
- To have a private class, you're renting out our entire space for you and your guests for a full four hours. This is an exclusive, memorable, entertaining experience, and thus the cost is the same if it is for one person or 16 people. Groups of 12 or fewer are welcome to sign up and join in on any of our public classes, subject to availability.
- Do you offer shorter classes?
- We schedule all classes for four hours, because, in our experience, even when we schedule classes for a shorter amount of time, everyone wants to stay and hang out and make more pizzas. It's at least four hours worth of fun. We recommend counting on three hours--even kids love to stick around and bake all of their pies.
- Can you do classes for children?
- Yes. We often have kids in our regular classes. The only request we make is that there be at least three to four adults on hand (who also participate in the class). We've had children as young as 4 years old in our private classes, and they have a great time. We have kid-sized aprons available and kid-safe pizza cutters for the little ones.
- Do you sell gift certificates for these workshops?
- No, unfortunately there are no gift certificates available for our Pizza a Casa Private Pizza Making Class. There are, however, gift certificates available for our Hands-On Pizza Workshop and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please check out the Hands-On Pizza Workshop by clicking “List of All Activities” to the left of the page.