These trips go up to 100 miles offshore, and it typically takes between 4-6 hours to get to the fishing grounds, so you can expect approximately 12-16 hours of fishing time!
For maximum comfort, there are only 25 spots available on this trip.
The typical catch on a 24 hour Clearwater gulf fishing trip includes:
- Large Grouper
- Mangrove Snapper
- Red Snapper
- An occasional kingfish, shark, cobia, mahi or tuna
The deckhand will keep your catch iced down for you on a numbered stringer, and when you arrive back at the dock he will be happy to clean your fish for you for a small fee.
For the long rides in and out, we offer sleeping accommodations in our 18 person air-conditioned bunk room, available for $5 each. For the rest of our passengers, the booths in the main cabin (can be used as bunks) are available. Feel free to bring your pillow and/or sleeping bag on this fantastic Clearwater gulf fishing trip!
>>Please check the FAQs for a recent fishing report!<<
What Is Not Included?
Bunk room accommodations are $5, limited to 18 passengers.
- What is the latest fish count on the 24 hour trips?
- we have not yet run a 24 hour trip in 2009; please check out our 34 hour trip coming up on June 1st!
- ------------------------QUESTIONS ABOUT TICKETS/POLICIES-------------------------
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is strongly recommended, as trips often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please buy your tickets well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What happens if it rains?
- We will go out in most light weather conditions, but we would never go out in any dangerous weather. If severe weather forces us to cancel, you can either reschedule to another trip (subject to availability) or get credit for a future trip.
- Are children allowed?
- Children under the age of 16 are not recommended to attend. Passengers under 16 must have the Captain's explicit permission and be accompanied by a supervising adult in order to attend. To discuss such exceptions with the Captain, please click "Contact QueenFleet" and let us know when you're interested in attending and the best way to contact you. Additionally there are no reduced rates, discounts, or coupons accepted for this trip.
- Is the trip suitable for pregnant women?
- The Gulf Queen is a very large, stable boat. 99% of the time, conditions are fine for a woman who is expecting, but there are times when it could not be appropriate--it is best to check with the Captain. If you have any concerns, please click "Contact QueenFleet" and let us know when you're interested in attending and how far along you are, and we will get back to you shortly.
- How experienced do I have to be?
- This trip is appropriate for anglers of all experience levels. From beginners to the most experienced anglers, our friendly crew is there to make sure this trip is both memorable and fun.
- I don't want to fish, can I still go on the trip?
- Of course! Non-fisherman are welcome to ride, but must have a full priced ticket in order to attend. Of course you would not have to pay for a rod rental if you don't intend to fish!
- If this trip is sold out can I get on a waiting list?
- No, unfortunately no waiting lists are available. Please check for another date/time that works for you!
- How early should I arrive to check in before the trip?
- We recommend arriving at least a half hour before your trip is scheduled to go out. Our booth does open at 6 am, though, for those passengers who want to arrive extra early and pick out the most desirable spot(s) on board!
- Can I request a particular spot to fish on the boat?
- Yes, upon purchasing your tickets please let us know what spot you would like to be on in a message to the seller. We will do our best to accommodate your request, and positions are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. If you require confirmation of your desired spot before purchasing, please click "Contact QueenFleet" and let us know where you would like to be positioned on board.
- What kind of sleeping accommodations are available?
- We offer bunks in our air-conditioned bunk room for $5 each, limited to 18 passengers (first-come, first-served). Remaining passengers can sleep in our main cabin at our booths which are equipped with cushions and are comfortable to sleep in. Book early to guarantee your spots!
- -----------QUESTIONS ABOUT FISHING, LIMITS, & TRIP SPECIFICS------------
- Do you guarantee that fish will be caught?
- We cannot guarantee that you will catch fish, but we can guarantee that we will try our best to help you do so! Our crew is experienced and great at finding the best fishing spots, but we cannot control the bite!
- Do we need to keep the fish we catch?
- You reserve the right to release the fish you catch if you want! Any fish you decide to keep must be kept in the fish box on board until we get back to the dock, so that our crew can ensure that no illegal fish are kept and that we are within the confines of legal limits.
- How many fish can I keep?
- The limits change every few years, and our crew knows them like the backs of their hands - all limit information will be provided to you at the start of the trip. All fish caught that you decide to keep will be kept in our fish box on board so the crew can ensure that we are within legal limits.
- What do I do with the fish I decide to keep?
- The deckhand can keep your catch iced down on a numbered stringer during the trip, and when we arrive back to the dock he will be happy to clean your fish for you for a small fee.
- Can I sell the fish I catch?
- No, it is illegal to sell the fish you catch without proper licensing. If you decide not to keep any of the fish you catch, you can either release them or give them to a crew member.
- What happens when everyone catches their limits?
- Most of the limits we have are limits on fish size, not "bag" limits. However, there are a few species that do have bag limits. Although it is very unlikely that everyone will reach their limits, if it were to happen, we would simply start targeting another species!
- How much of the trip will be spent fishing versus riding?
- There will be around 12-16 hours of fishing time and 8-12 hours of riding time on these trips.
- How far does the boat go out?
- The boat will go out up to 100 miles offshore.
- What do I see when I'm not fishing?
- Plenty! We almost always see dolphins, sea turtles, and various species of birds during the trip.
- -----------------------FISHING EQUIPMENT AND LICENSES-----------------------------
- I have my own equipment. What type of gear do I need?
- Feel free to bring your own equipment if you want to - we recommend bringing rod and tackle at least 50 lb rated.
- Can you provide me with fishing gear, bait, and tackle?
- A standard rod and reel rental is available upon purchasing your tickets, but we have everything else you'll need, including bait, tackle, and fishing licenses!
- Do I need a fishing license?
- No! We have a yearly fishing license that allows us to take all of our customers out, so you will not need to purchase your own personal fishing license.
- -----------------------------------WHAT SHOULD I BRING?-------------------------------------
- Can I bring my own food and/or beverages?
- There will be food and drink available for sale on board, but feel free to bring a small cooler along with you if you wish. Alcoholic beverages are permitted, but keep in mind that glass containers of any kind are not allowed (canned beer is fine).
- What kinds of food and beverages are available for sale on board?
- We have burgers, hot dogs, snacks, sodas, water and beer available for purchase on board. In addition to our standard delicious offerings, we will have some special hot meals and an assortment of breakfast meals available for purchase on board such as Philly cheesesteaks, barbecued ribs, meatball subs, bagels, breakfast sandwiches, and more. Prices are very reasonable and range from 50 cents to $2.50. Please bring extra cash with you to purchase delicious items on board!
- How much extra cash should I bring?
- We usually recommend around $10-20 per person. We do also sell shirts, hats and cameras, so make sure you bring extra money if you want to purchase any of those items!
- The crew was awesome! Can I leave a gratuity?
- Of course! Our crew works very hard to ensure that your trip is enjoyable. Gratuities are greatly appreciated.
- ---------------------------------QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BOAT---------------------------
- Will there be room on the boat to stow my belongings?
- Yes, there is plenty of room on board for even the largest bags. If necessary, we can also hold items in the pilothouse for the duration of the trip where they will be secure.
- Is the boat wheelchair accessible?
- Yes, and there are spots around the boat with no seats so that a wheelchair can go right up to the rail for easy fishing. However, the cabin entrances have high thresholds (required by the Coast Guard to keep water out), so getting a wheelchair inside the cabin requires help from the crew. If you have any further concerns, please click "Contact QueenFleet" and let us know about your particular situation.
- What if I want to reserve a particular spot on board?
- While typically any spot on board will provide an excellent fishing experience, some anglers prefer certain spots over others. If this is the case, please be sure to follow the instructions provided after purchasing your tickets and we will try our best to accommodate your request.
- Is there shade on the boat?
- Of course! There is always a place to go to escape either sun or rain.
- Are there restrooms on board?
- Yes, there are separate men's and women's restrooms available on board for your convenience.
- Is the boat safe?
- Yes, the Gulf Queen is US Coast Guard inspected on a regular basis and is extremely safe and stable.
- Are there life jackets on the boat? Do I have to wear one?
- Yes, we carry enough for our passenger capacity, plus a certain number of small child life jackets. No one is required to wear one during the trip though! We do ask that they remain in the storage compartment unless you would like to wear one.
- Will I get seasick?
- Although the Gulf Queen is large and extremely stable, there are times when the sea makes it rock a bit. Some people do occasionally get seasick. If you are particularly susceptible to motion sickness, we encourage you to take preventative measures before the trip! We do offer over the counter seasickness pills that will be available for you if you choose to take one.
- What kind of souvenirs are available?
- We have Queen Fleet hats and t-shirts available for purchase upon purchasing your tickets. Please note that caps are one size fits all, and t-shirts come in many different sizes in blue or gray. We will have all sizes and colors available to you upon arrival at the trip, so you do not need to specify what color/size you want upon purchasing.
- -----------------PRIVATE CHARTERS AND GIFT CERTIFICATES---------------------
- Can I book a private fishing trip?
- Sure! The Gulf Queen, which takes out our all day fishing trips, specializes in private charters such as all day fishing and extended (12,24,36 hour+) fishing charters. If you're interested in booking the boat for a private charter, please click "Contact QueenFleet" and let us know what you're looking for. Someone will get back to you shortly.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes! Gift certificates are available for all of our trips and are perfect for any special occasion. If you are interested in purchasing a gift certificate, please click "Contact QueenFleet" and let us know what you'd like.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Passengers under the age of 16 are not recommended.
- Because this trip requires a certain level of maturity, fishermen under the age of 16 are not recommended. Any passengers under 16 must have the Captain's approval and be accompanied by a supervising adult in order to attend.
Queen Fleet Deep Sea Fishing
The Gulf Queen (all day and extended fishing trips) is 75 feet long and is licensed to hold up to 85 passengers. Known for its agility and speed, you will get more fishing time on these trips. The Gulf Queen also offers an air conditioned bunk room for extended trips.
Both boats are available for private Clearwater fishing charters, including half and all day fishing, evening cruises and parties, or even extended (24 or 34 + hour) trips!