This is some of the most expensive real estate in the world and full of famous faces! Hear all insider information and get up-close views of the fabulous home exteriors belonging to:
Denzel Washington ($18 million), Bruce Willis ($15 million for his 4-bedroom condo and another $15 million for a guest condo!), Jimmy Buffet ($20 million), Beyonce & Jay Z, Donald Trump, Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher, Sting ($30 million), Yoko Ono--The Dakota, Conan O'Brien, Robert DeNiro ($30 million condo which was formerly Harrison Ford's), Madonna, Melanie Griffith & Antonio Banderas.
You'll also see some famous locations where everyone's welcome:
- The restaurant where Jennifer Aniston waited tables before her big break
- High School of Performing Arts and the Juilliard School
- Metropolitan Opera at Lincoln Center
- Regis & Kelly's studios at ABC
- Tavern on the Green restaurant
- Meg Ryan's Shop Around the Corner Bookstore from You've Got Mail
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance, and tours often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- Will we see any celebrities on the tour?
- There is always a very good chance! On previous tours, we have seen Mary Tyler Moore walking her dog, Bette Midler strolling with her daughter, Paul Newman, Uma Thurman with her children, Mia Farrow, Dustin Hoffman, and others.
- If we see celebrities on the tour, may we approach them?
- Your purchase of a Rich and Famous Tour ticket is your agreement not to approach celebrities on the tour or after the tour is concluded.
- What is the difference between the tours offered by Rich & Famous Tours?
- The Rich & Famous Bus Tour is an overview of both the Upper East and Upper West Side neighborhoods where many celebrities live. The Central Park West Walking tour is only a tour of the Upper West Side between Columbus Circle and West 86th St. The Ground Zero/Wall St. Walking Tour is not a celebrity themed tour, but rather an exploration of New York City's extreme historic downtown areas where the city originated 350 years ago and is now the financial district.
- Will we be able to go inside any of the establishments?
- Yes, we do go inside of a few locations that we visit. The itinerary changes from tour to tour, so we do not reveal the exact locations we enter before the tour. However, we will NOT be going inside of any private residences.
- Are small children welcome on the tour?
- Small children are welcome on the tour, but may not be able to keep up with the pace of the group. Please use your discretion when bringing non-paying children ages 4 and younger.
- Do the tours operate rain or shine?
- Yes, the tours go out rain or shine, so please dress appropriately for the day's weather!
- How far will we walk on the tour?
- Although we walk at a casual pace, you will be on your feet for the entirely of the tour. The route is between 1 and 2 miles.
- Will there be refreshments available on the tour?
- Generally, no. However, along the way we may pass a vendor who sells water and soft drinks.
- Can I bring food or beverages with me?
- You are welcome to bring snacks with you, but please keep in mind that you will have to carry them for the duration of the tour. You won't be able to stop an eat during the tour, so please bring portable snacks with you.
- Will there be a restroom stop on the tour?
- If a restroom stop is needed, we will stop at one of the locations we visit on the tour.
- Does this tour have anything to offer a native New Yorker?
- Absolutely! Many locals enjoy hearing about the local history, fabulous real estate and celebrities!
- Is this a good sightseeing tour of New York?
- This is very good tour of a specific neighborhood in New York City--the Upper West Side of Manhattan from 59th St. to 86th St., Central Park West to Broadway.
- Will we go to Ground Zero or the Statue of Liberty on this tour?
- Not on this particular Rich and Famous tour. This is a tour of the Upper West Side area. Please take the Ground Zero/Wall Street Walking Tour, if you're interested in seeing these sites.
- Where does the tour end?
- The tour does NOT return to its meeting location. It ends at Cafe Lalo, West 83rd, between Amsterdam & Broadway. We will be able to give you subway directions back to the meeting location.
- Are cameras allowed?
- Photo cameras are allowed outside. If we go into an establishment for any reason, there may be a stipulation on photos.
- Is this tour wheelchair- and stroller-accessible?
- Yes, this tour is accessible for both strollers and wheelchairs.
- Can I purchase a gift certificate?
- Yes! Gift certificates for Rich and Famous Tours are great for any occasion. To purchase a gift certificate, click on the "Contact RichFamous" link.
- Can I arrange a private tour?
- Yes! We offer tours for private events and large groups. We can accommodate a variety of special requests. Please use the "Contact RichFamous" link to inquire further about special group rates and customized syllabi.
Rich and Famous Tours
Rich & Famous Tours are truly filled with much insider's information! History, architecture and details you can't get from the guidebooks!
Rich & Famous guide and co-founder Jim Dykes once found Steven Spielberg was so interested in his tour, he tagged along--for several blocks! After Liz Smith and other showbiz columns mentioned this, Joan Rivers introduced Dykes as "the Celebrity tourguide--just fabulous!"