This special event will take place on one of the safest and largest vessels in City Island - The Riptide III, a 90 ft long and 24 ft wide vessel that comfortably holds up to 149 people. You’ll enjoy the fireworks viewing areas, live DJ, dance floor and spacious indoor cabin.
During this special event you will enjoy:
- The largest fireworks display in America
- A scrumptious Italian buffet dinner
- Live DJs ready to play your favorite songs
- Open air dancing
- Gorgeous views of the Hudson River and New York skyline
What Is Not Included?
- Food and Beverages: An Italian buffet meal, as well as coffee and soft drinks, are included in the price of the cruise. If you would like to enjoy alcohol on the boatride, feel free to bring your own with you along with proper photo ID. No alcohol is served on the boatride.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is strongly recommended, as trips often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please buy your tickets well in advance. Advance tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What happens if it rains?
- We still go out. There are two covered areas on the boat that will provide shelter from the rain. Please dress appropriately for the weather. In the case of severe weather, we may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in which case you will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Are children allowed?
- Yes! We have no age limit for our fireworks buffet. Everyone is welcome, and our boat is very safe with high rails. However, there are no discounted or free tickets for this cruise, and all attendees must purchase a full-priced ticket.
- Is the trip suitable for pregnant women?
- While we don't put a limitation on who may or may not attend, pregnant women should always consult with their doctors before participating in any active activities.
- If this trip is sold out can I get on a waiting list?
- Unfortunately we do not have waiting lists for our trips. While cancellations are rare, you may try to purchase tickets at the start of the trip. However, we cannot guarantee that there will be any room left! To maximize your chance of getting the day and time of your preferred trip, please buy tickets in advance.
- How early should I arrive to check in before the trip?
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to departure for check in, especially because the tickets are non refundable. Our boat rides generally leave right on time!!!
- How far does the boat go out?
- We will leave City Island and travel to the Hudson River to a prime fireworks viewing location. We return by the same route.
- Can I bring my own food and/or beverages?
- You are welcome to bring food, including soft drinks or water. Coolers and alcoholic beverages are allowed on board and must be stowed on the main deck. Do keep in mind that a full Italian buffet, with soda and coffee, is included in the cost of a ticket!
- What is included in the Italian buffet dinner?
- Your Italian buffet will include baked ziti, various chicken dishes, eggplant parmigiana, penne vodka, assorted salads, bread and butter, soft drinks, coffee, and fruit salad for dessert! No matter what your dietary restrictions you should be able to find something that will satisfy you.
- How much extra cash should I bring?
- Besides the price of the ticket, you will need approximately $5-10 per adult passenger for a gratuity.
- The crew was awesome! Can I leave a gratuity?
- Tipping the crew members is optional but greatly appreciated, as they work very hard to make your trip as good as can be. General gratuity is $5-10 per adult passenger and can be given to the crew at the end of the boat ride.
- Can I bring an ice chest?
- Yes, plastic and metal coolers are allowed on board but must be stored outside on the main deck. No coolers are permitted inside the main cabin.
- Will there be room on the boat to stow my belongings?
- There is ample room to stow your belongings on the main deck. Unfortunately, coolers cannot be brought into the main cabin of the boat.
- Is the boat wheelchair accessible?
- Yes. Our boat is wheelchair accessible. Our crew will be happy to assist you to board and navigate the boat as needed.
- Is there shade on the boat?
- Yes, the main deck of the boat has a spacious cabin that will provide shade. The upper deck also has a canvas top that will provide shade.
- Which boat will we be going on?
- All boat rides take place on the one and only Riptide III. The Riptide III is 90 feet long and 24 feet wide and comfortably holds 149 people for boat rides and private events.
- Are there restrooms on board?
- Yes, there are four clean bathrooms on board. Two bathrooms are available for men and the other two are available for women.
- Is the boat safe?
- Absolutely, in addition to modern safety equipment our vessels are constantly maintained and inspected once a year by the United States Coast Guard, a Division of Homeland Security.
- Are there life jackets on the boat? Do I have to wear one?
- The Riptide III is outfitted with safety equipment for both adults and children. While you are not required to wear one, you may do so if you choose.
- Will I get seasick?
- While our vessels are very safe and stable, we will be in the ocean. If you are susceptible to motion sickness, you may consider taking preventative measures beforehand, although we cannot officially advise you to do so.
- Can I book a private boatride?
- Absolutely! Custom dates and times are available for all of our vessels. Please "Contact Riptide" to inquire further.
- Are gift certificates available?
- YES! If you are interested in purchasing a gift certificate, please click the "Contact Riptide" link.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- All participants must have a ticket to attend.
- Our boats are United States Coast Guard documented for a certain amount of passengers and we cannot exceed the capacity. This means that all passengers including infants and toddlers must have a ticket.
Riptide III Fishing and Cruises
Riptide III, Inc, Fishing and Cruises offers a variety of fishing experiences including; open boat day and night fishing trips, weekly New York City sightseeing boatrides on the East River and private charters. Come spend an unforgettable time with the Riptide III crew.