For you and someone special, the cruise will take place on a two-person gondola-style drift boat, with a canopy to provide you with complete privacy. You'll board the boat to the sound of Romantic Italian music and enjoy a brunch just for two.
If you're looking to have a great time with friends, take the five-person cruise. The canopy will provide you with privacy, as you listen to a variety of our tunes, or bring your own CDs!
You’ll take in all the natural beauty of the Sacramento River, as you enjoy:
- A PRIVATE cruise for you and your party
- Crackers and cheese platter
- Seasonal fruit
- Rich chocolates
- A photograph to commemorate your trip
What Is Not Included?
- Will there be other people on the tour with us?
- No! All tours are completely private, so only those passengers in your party will be on board.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance, and cruises often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- Can I bring my own wine or champagne?
- Yes! We do not provide you with beverages during brunch so please bring whatever you would like to enjoy with you. We also encourage you to bring a bottle of champagne or wine. (Corkscrew, bottle openers, an ice bucket, and stemmed glassware are available for your use on the boat.) You can also purchase cold beer, wine, and champagne, as well as soft drinks at the Turtle Bay Shell, located at 1801 Park Marina Drive right before the start time of your cruise.
- Is this cruise only for couples?
- Our cruises are customized for your individual party! Our intimate atmosphere is great for groups of friends just looking to have a good time together. Our five-person boat is designed especially for larger parties.
- Where does the trip end?
- The cruise ends at the Bonnyview Boat Ramp.
- What is the difference between a drift boat and a gondola?
- Because the Sacramento River is too shallow to allow gondolas, we use drift boats set up similar to gondolas to provide the same peaceful experience. Our boats do not use motors so your cruise has a similar, quiet ambiance as a gondola ride.
- What exactly do we see on the cruise?
- We cruise under the world-famous glass bottom Sundial Bridge, along the banks of the Turtle Bay Exploration Park and through nature wilderness areas, which abound with wildlife. Further through the trip are beautiful estate homes with gorgeous lawns and gardens. If you would like, your oarsman will point out historic points of interest along the way, all the time listening to your choice of music.
- Can children come on a cruise?
- Typically, because our past guests have found that their experience is diminished if they bring children under 2 years of age, we encourage you to make other arrangements for them during your cruise. Life jackets are provided for and must be worn by all children for the duration of the cruise. All guests, children included, must purchase a ticket.
- How should we dress?
- We suggest you wear comfortable, casual clothes with a light jacket. You may also want to bring sunglasses. The temperature on the water is about 10 - 15 degrees cooler than the air temperature in Redding. A down throw is available on-board if needed or you can just cuddle more!
- Are the boats handicapped accessible?
- We have yet to deny any person with a handicap access to our boat. The boarding dock has a ramp and, if you have some mobility, we will gladly assist you into the boat. Wheelchairs cannot be accommodated on the boat.
- Are there rest rooms on the boats?
- No, but there are bathrooms available both when you get on and off the boat. If you should need to pull over, our oarsmen know a few private places along the way.
- Can I bring a fishing rod?
- Our cruises are designed to be a romantic or social experience with your friends and loved ones, so we ask you to save your fishing apparatus for later. There are plenty of fishing spots in the area that you can visit before or after the cruise. Just ask your oarsman for a few tips!
- Can I bring anything (eg, a cooler) onto the boat?
- You are able to bring a smaller cooler on the boat, but we also have ice buckets for your beverages. There is some limited space on the boat where you may store your belongings, but please try to keep the amount of items you bring on the boat to a minimum.
- How far away are you from...?
- Sacramento: 2.5 hours. San Francisco: 3 hours 15 minutes. San Jose: 3 hours 45 minutes. Reno: 3 hours 40 minutes.
- Do we get off the boat at any time?
- No, you are inside of the boat for the entirety of your cruise, as you enjoy a leisurely brunch.
- What happens if it rains?
- We watch the weather forecasts closely and want to ensure your cruise is a safe, enjoyable, memorable experience. In the event the current or forecasted conditions get in the way of that happening, requiring us to reschedule, we will contact you as soon as possible to join us at another date/time.
- Can I add extra things to my cruise?
- If you would like to add items such as specific flowers, chocolates, etc, we will try to accommodate you as well as we can! Please contact us using the "Contact RiverRomance" link to ask about additional items or special accommodations for surprises.
- Are the boats safe?
- Relax, each of our gondoliers is experienced in navigating the area. There isn't any fast moving water and there are life jackets for each person on board.
- Am I likely to get seasick?
- Our boats are steady and gentle. It is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any sea sickness, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
- Do you sell gift certificates?
- Yes! A gift certificate makes a very special gift for Valentine's Day, birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, corporate gifts and just about any special occasion. Please contact River Romance Cruises for more details by clicking the "Contact RiverRomance" link.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to inclement weather.
- In the event of rain or high winds, the seller may need to cancel the cruise up to an hour before the start time. While cancellations are rare, in the event it occurs, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
River Romance Cruises
Accompanied by a skilled oarsman, each guest is treated to a luxurious experience unlike any other. Only a drift boat can explore these parts of the river while providing the quiet ambiance in complete comfort and privacy.
River Romance Cruises is dedicated to complete customer satisfaction and accommodating your party's individual needs. Everything from the music to the food to the scenery along the way has been carefully chosen through years of experience.
Relax and explore California’s natural beauty along with a delicious brunch!