The Happy Cat offers a Sunset Snorkeling Cruise where you will be able to snorkel the beautiful and exotic coral reef for 45 minutes. After your snorkel excursion we will then invite you to enjoy an Islamorada sunset the way it should be seen: from the water with a glass of champagne in hand on our state of the art 43’ Catamaran the Happy Cat.
Watch as the sun approaches the horizon setting the clouds ablaze with fiery hues of red, pink, and orange. Visit with friends or share the moment with that special someone. We know the perfect spot to watch the sun's dramatic descent into the aquamarine waters of the Florida bay.
The boat departs at 6pm during the spring, summer, and fall and includes complimentary champagne. The sunset cruise runs regularly through October.
What Is Not Included?
You may bring your own personal ice chest or cooler. We have drinks on board for purchase so that you can just jump on board and let us do all the leg work!
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is strongly recommended, as trips often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please buy your tickets well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express. However, feel free to "walk up" at anytime as we accept cash at the counter if there is still space available on the trip you're interested in.
- What happens if it rains?
- Safety is always our first measure here at Robbie's. The Captain will determine whether the boat is to leave the dock and if it is storming at the time of departure, the captain may postpone the trip if it looks like the weather will stop soon, or cancel the departure and suggest going on a later trip. If the issue is only a shower, again it is the captain’s call, but we have been known to go in a little rain. We do have an enclosed wheelhouse where you can store everything you want kept dry. If we are at the reef and a storm comes up the captain may chose to move to another area or head home depending on the storm. If the trip is canceled due to weather, you will be able to reschedule or get credit for a future event.
- Do you ever cancel a trip?
- The trip may be cancelled due to severe weather, sea conditions or failure to reach minimum passenger requirements. In those cases, you will be allowed to reschedule (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Are children allowed?
- We love having children of all ages on the boat. We have had children of all ages and abilities enjoy our trips. It is up to the parents’ discretion as to whether the trip is appropriate for their child.
- Is the trip suitable for pregnant women?
- Pregnant women shouldn't have a problem, as we are lucky enough to have calm waters most of the time here in the Florida Keys. We even had a captain work on the boat during her entire pregnancy. Please note that it is up to the individual and her symptoms at the time whether they will be comfortable on the boat and at sea for the activity, and you should consult your doctor if you have any questions.
- How far will the boat go out?
- The boat will usually go 1-3 miles from the shore. Land will always be in sight.
- What types of food and beverages are available?
- We have soft drinks for $1.00 ~ Beer for $2.00 and a variety of chips for $1.00.
- What do I need to bring?
- All you need to bring is your camera, sunglasses, and maybe a hat to protect you from the sun! Keep in mind that hard liquor and glass containers are not permitted.
- What is not allowed on the boat?
- Please do not bring any glass bottles or containers on board the boat. Global Positioning Systems (GPS) and illegal substances are also not allowed.
- May I bring alcohol on board?
- Sure, you may bring beer or wine coolers, but liquor is not allowed on board. No glass bottles or containers are allowed either. If you do not want to lug around a cooler, the Captain has beer, water, and soda available for purchase. This trip also includes a complimentary glass of champagne.
- Should I tip the crew?
- Your mates work very hard to make your trip as enjoyable as possible. Tips are highly appreciated! Most people tip 20% of their trip's ticket cost.
- Can I bring an ice chest or cooler?
- You may bring your own personal ice chest or cooler, but we have drinks on board for purchase so that you can just jump on board and let us do all the leg work!
- Is smoking allowed on the boat?
- Smoking is not allowed inside the cabin, but it is allowed on the outside deck areas.
- Is there parking close to the meeting location?
- Yes! We have free parking at our marina - you should have no problem finding a space when you arrive.
- Is the boat wheelchair accessible?
- We are able to accommodate wheelchairs, but need advance notice to set up a special ramp that will enable a wheelchair to board the boat easily. Please click on the "Contact Robbies" link to inquire about arranging wheelchair accommodations. Keep in mind that the bathroom on board is not wheelchair accessible and a handicapped passenger will most likely need assistance to use the bathroom.
- Is there shade on board?
- Yes, there is a cabin that one can go to to escape from the elements!
- Should I tip the crew?
- All the mates work for tips. 15% to 20% of the cost of the trip is customary depending on the level of service.
- Are there life jackets on board? Am I required to wear one?
- Yes, there are life jackets on board and the captain will go over where they are and how to wear one should it become necessary. You do not need to wear one during the trip.
- Will I get seasick?
- That varies from person to person. If you are worried that you might get seasick, there are plenty of over the counter remedies. Please read all the instructions for using any remedy. The boat is a catamaran and is more stable than a monohull boat.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes! Please click on the "Contact Robbies" link to ask for more information on gift certificates.
- Can I do a private charter?
- Sure, we are happy to schedule private charters for large groups. Please click on the "Contact Robbies" link to inquire about setting up a charter for your party.
Robbie's of Islamorada
When you return from your time on the water, visit our restaurant, the Hungry Tarpon for a delicious Keys-style meal - they'll cook up the fish you have caught any way you like! Or check out the new Fly ~ By Shops filled with Florida Keys' beautiful artwork and unique little treasures.
You're likely to find yourself in a rocking chair on our palm frond-covered deck sipping a cold beverage and discussing tides, favorite fishing holes or even politics with any or several of the old timers who come here often just because Robbie's takes them back to a simpler time.