Rock Junket will recreate those magical rock n roll moments with this 2 hour walking tour through one of New York City's most historic neighborhoods.
See where Iggy Pop cut himself on stage; where the Velvet Underground recorded a live album; where Andy Warhol was shot; where Debbie Harry was a waitress and where the cover for London Calling by the Clash was shot.
As we learn about the history of the neighborhood, some of the sites Rock Junket will discuss include:
- Max's Kansas City
- Andy Warhol's Factory
- Irving Plaza/Fillmore
- Union Square
- The Ritz
- Webster Hall
- and others
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance, and tours often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa or Mastercard. Cash is not accepted.
- Where does the tour begin?
- It starts near Union Square, which is easily reached by taxi or subway. Exact meeting location details, including a map and subway directions, will be provided to you immediately upon purchasing your eticket.
- Do we go inside any of the locations featured on the tour?
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes. There will many of great opportunities for taking memorable photos, so remember to bring your camera.
- Are bathrooms available during the tour?
- Obviously there are no provided since it's a walking tour. If an emergency arises, however, there are local establishments that might accommodate you.
- Are strollers or wheelchairs allowed on the tour?
- Yes, wheelchairs and strollers are permitted.
- May I bring my dog on the tour?
- We love pets but we ask that you leave your pet at home out of courtesy for the other guests that may not be pet friendly.
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes. If you are interested in booking a private tour, please contact us by clicking on the "Contact RockJunket" link.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes. To inquire about a Rock Junket gift certificate, please click the "Contact RockJunket" link and email your request, along with contact information.
Rock Junket has been featured on VH1 Rock Across America, Queer Eye For The Straight Guy, Rolling Stone magazine and the NY Post.
Pinn' s Rock Junket Tours will soon introduce many more "rock walks" in NYC. Bobby Pinn has a book available about rock n roll sites in NYC entitled Rock Junket: New York City. Pick up your copy today!