Experience a journey like no other as you take in the sights of historic Long Beach from a unique Duck’s eye view. Enjoy the novel land and sea exploration of one of the greatest cities in the country aboard our special Hydra Terra vehicle! Along the way, you’ll learn about Long Beach’s transformation from a farm community to the bustling port city it is today.
Some highlights of the tour include:
- Traversing the city streets of historic downtown.
- Experiencing the thrilling splash as we go from land to sea!
- Navigating the majestic waterways of Long Beach harbor.
- Viewing stunning mega ships that visit the second largest port of the West coast.
- Seeing the Queen Mary in all of her glory.
Come take a ride with Rubber Duck Tours today!
What Is Not Included?
- Gratuity is not required, but always greatly appreciated by your hard working tour guides!
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is highly recommended, and trips often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance.
- Are food and beverages available on the duck?
- There will be no food or beverages available for purchase on the duck. We recommend bringing a bottle of water along with you, however.
- Can I bring food and drinks with me on board the duck?
- Yes, feel free to bring your own food and drinks with you, but alcohol is not permitted. Furthermore, please avoid any glass containers for safety reasons.
- Is there a bathroom on board?
- No, but restroom facilities are available at the meeting location before and after the tour.
- Do we make any stops along the way? Can we get off the duck during the tour?
- Once we begin our trip we do not make any stops to pick up or drop off until we return to our starting point. Passengers are on the Duck vehicle for the entire duration of the tour.
- About how much time is spent on land and in the water?
- We are on land for approximately two-thirds of the tour and in the water for the remainder of the time.
- Is there assigned seating?
- No, seating is on a first come first served basis. Please arrive early if you want a particular spot on board!
- What happens if it rains?
- We will still go out in light rain and other moderate weather as we have windows that can be closed. Safety is our utmost concern, so we may cancel the tour if severe or unsafe weather conditions deem it necessary. If the tour is canceled due to weather, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- What if I'm bringing an infant or a very young child, do I still need to buy a ticket for them?
- Children under the age of 5 are not required to pay for tickets on the tour; however, you will still need to choose a free wee one ticket for them as they will be issued their own seat on the tour.
- Will I get wet?
- No! The boat is very dry and sits up high in the water so that you will not get wet unless we have a light sprinkle of rain.
- Is the tour safe? Can I go if I'm pregnant?
- The tour is very safe and the duck is a USCG approved T vessel that is driven by a licensed captain at all times. Expecting mothers should consult with their physicians before participating in the tour.
- How steady is the ride? Will I get seasick?
- While on land, the amphibious vehicle provides a very smooth ride. In the water, the Duck is very stable and normally does not cause motion sickness. If you are particularly prone to motion sickness, we recommend taking any necessary precautions ahead of time.
- Is the duck vehicle wheelchair accessible?
- We currently do not have a ramp available but will use all reasonable care to accommodate individuals in wheelchairs. If you require special access accommodation, please click on the "Contact RubberDuck" link and let us know ahead of time.
- What should I do with my stroller?
- Strollers and other larger items may either be place on board the duck or left with an attendant for the duration of the tour depending on the size of the item.
- Will parking be available? What about public transportation?
- Yes, valet parking for $4 for 6 hours per vehicle will be available. There is also a city lot (metered parking) available close by. Public transportation is available via the Passport buses that will take you anywhere in Long Beach for free! More details will be provided upon purchasing tickets.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes! Gift certificates are great for any special occasion. Please click on the "Contact RubberDuck" link to inquire about obtaining a gift certificate.
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes, we have a variety of charter offerings, including special rates for corporate functions, promotional events, field trips, birthdays, and private parties! Click on the "Contact RubberDuck" link for more information.
Rubber Duck Tours
Trips are conducted on a state of the art amphibious vehicle called a Hydra Terra which means that it can travel over both land and water. This vehicle is US Coast Guard approved and can carry 49 passengers plus two crew members on land and in the water.
Our staff is made up of people who we think are the best Captains and Crew on the west coast! Come join us for a very fun and interesting splash across Long Beach and the Harbor.