The Kitty Kat is a 65' Catamaran with a unique hull design and superior engineering. Equipped with hydrofoil wings that increase lift, the Kitty Kat is the most advanced vessel for wildlife expeditions, and features a heated cabin, spacious sun deck, and high speeds!
- Boarding will begin at 8 pm, and the trip will return back to the dock about 20 minutes after the show.
- No food or drinks will be provided on board, so please bring your own!
- Enjoy great music by DJ Whale Cakes!
A night to remember on San Francisco Bay....
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is required, and the trip will likely sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting on the boat, please buy your tickets well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What happens if it rains?
- The fireworks show will run in foggy or slightly rainy weather. If weather forces us to cancel the cruise, you would be provided with a credit to come back and join us on a future outing.
- Does the trip depart on time?
- Yes, the trip does depart promptly! We kindly ask that you arrive 30 minutes early for check-in. Don't miss the boat!
- Are children allowed?
- Yes, children are welcome to attend. Everyone attending the cruise must purchase a standard ticket.
- Is the cruise suitable for pregnant women?
- Pregnant women should consult with their doctors before participating in any active activities. For safety reasons, we do not recommend that pregnant women attend. If you have any questions, please click on the "Contact SFWhaleTours" link to discuss further.
- Can I bring my own food and drinks on board?
- Yes, attendees can feel free to bring their own food and drinks, including alcoholic beverages such as beer or wine, on board with them. We ask that you refrain from bringing glass bottles. Small handheld coolers are ok, but no large or on-wheels coolers will be allowed.
- Can I bring alcohol on the cruise?
- Yes, you may bring beer or wine on the trip, but nothing with a higher alcohol content. Hard liquor is not allowed on board.
- How long will the fireworks show be? How much of the trip is cruising and for how much of it will we be watching the show?
- The fireworks show will probably be around 15-30 minutes. We will cruise around the bay for about 1 hour before the show, and the return ride back to the dock will take about 20 minutes.
- Is there any sightseeing at all on this trip?
- Yes! There will be sightseeing on the bay, depending on the weather. Attendees can expect great views of the San Francisco skyline and the Golden Gate Bridge. We'll watch the sunset, then cruise over to the viewing spot for the fireworks show once it gets dark.
- Will we see wildlife on this trip?
- No, we do not expect to see a lot of wildlife on this trip. Nevertheless, we promise great views of the city skyline and the magnificent San Francisco coast!
- What is the route of the trip?
- While our specific route is weather-dependent, ticket-holders will see the San Francisco skyline and get a general overview of the bay area before it gets dark. Then we head over to a prime viewing location for the fireworks show before heading back to the dock.
- How should I dress?
- Dress for a cool evening or in layers.
- Will we get wet?
- While it is a boat and a slight degree of wetness is always a possibility, the protected waters of the bay are typically very calm and splash is kept to a minimum.
- How far are you from the major airports?
- We are approximately 30 minutes from San Francisco and Oakland airports depending on traffic.
- Where does the trip end?
- The trips end at the same dock which they departed from.
- Will I get seasick?
- If you are prone to motion sickness, then there are a few great remedies out there to try. Please be prepared and take preventative measures after consulting with a doctor. Fortunately, our boat is one of the best out there and its modern technology helps make every trip a great ride.
- Are there restrooms on the boat?
- Yes, the boat is equipped with clean restrooms for your convenience.
- Is the boat safe?
- Safety is our number one priority! Our boats meet the current United States Coast guard regulations, and our experienced captain and crew make every effort to ensure a fun and safe adventure.
- Is the boat handicapped accessible?
- Unfortunately, there are 4 steps you must take to board the boat, but if you are mobile enough our crew would be glad to assist you onto the boat with the best of their ability. The bathrooms on board are not wheelchair accessible but can be used by a passenger with limited mobility. If you'd like to make a request for any special accommodations, please click on the "Contact SFWhaleTours" link.
- Can I smoke on the boat?
- No, smoking is not permitted on board.
- Can I book a private charter for my group?
- This cruise is only being offered as a public cruise and is not available for private charters.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- All participants are required to have tickets for this event.
- Our boat is United States Coast Guard documented for a certain amount of passengers and we cannot exceed the capacity. This means that all passengers including infants and toddlers must have a ticket.
San Francisco Whale Tours
Featuring a top-of-the-line vessel, the luxurious 64‘ catamaran the Kitty Kat , San Francisco Whale Tours features a variety of sightseeing and wildlife oriented excursions with a top of the line experienced crew.
Every trip is a unique experience - don't miss the boat!