San Francisco’s scenic wildlife cruise is a must-do. Each trip is a unique experience - don't miss the boat!
- Seals, sea lions and harbor seals
- Dolphin, porpoises and abundant sea bird colonies
- Views of the Golden Gate Bridge, The Rock, Alcatraz
- Lighthouses, Natural History, Angel Island
What Is Not Included?
- What kind of marine life have been sighted recently?
- Sea Lions, Harbor Seas , Harbor Porpioses, lots of birds
- ---------------------------QUESTIONS ABOUT TICKETS/POLICIES---------------------------
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is required, and trips often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please buy your tickets well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What if I want tickets for a trip in the future not listed?
- If the date you are looking for is further along than our schedule shows, please click on the "Contact SFWhaleTours" link to request a tour on a specific day.
- What happens in the event of bad weather?
- Trips will continue rain or shine. In the case of severe weather, you will be notified of cancellation and will be allowed to reschedule to another time depending upon availability.
- Are children allowed?
- Yes, we welcome children on this trip! Children ages 3-15 may attend with a reduced price ticket, while children age 2 and under may attend for free.
- Is the cruise suitable for pregnant women?
- Pregnant women should consult with their doctors before participating in any active activities. For safety reasons, we do not recommend that pregnant women attend. If you have any questions, please click on the "Contact SFWhaleTours" link to discuss further.
- Do your trips depart on time?
- Yes! We kindly ask that you arrive 30 minutes early for check-in. Don't miss the boat!
- How far are you from the major airports?
- We are approximately 30 minutes from San Francisco and Oakland airports depending on traffic.
- What wildlife should I expect to see?
- Wildlife we often see include: Western Gull, Brandt's Cormorant, Double-crested Cormorant, Pigeon Guillemot, Common Murre, Cassin's Auklet, Black Oystercatcher, Rhinoceros Auklet, Ashy Storm-petrel, Leach's Storm Petrel, Northern Elephant Seal, Harbor Seal, Steller's Sea Lion, California Sea Lion, Northern Fur Seal, and Porpoise.
- Where does this trip go?
- This trip will explore the California Coast and the tributaries of the delta.
- Where do the trips end?
- The trips end at the same dock which they departed from.
- --------------------------QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BOAT--------------------------
- Which boat will I be on?
- Most of our expeditions take place on our premiere, deluxe, high-speed catamaran "Kitty Kat". The 65 foot Kitty Kat has a unique hull shape and hydrofoil system that give it superior advantage over monohulls and increase lift. Kitty Kat can travel smoothly on any type of sea! Although most trips will take place on board this modern vessel, we do reserve the right to use our equally great boat "Happy Days" if business warrants it. Happy Days is a 43 foot Delta Marine vessel with indoor and outdoor seating, a heated cabin, and clean restroom. Both boats will prove a great ride!
- Will I get seasick?
- If you normally get motion sickness, then there are a few great remedies out there to try. Please be prepared and take preventative measures after consulting with a doctor. Fortunately, however, we have one of the best boats out there with the most modern technology incorporated into its design that helps make every trip a smooth ride.
- Are there restrooms on the boat?
- Yes, both boats are equipped with clean restrooms for your convenience.
- Are the boats safe?
- Safety is our number one priority! Our boats meet the current United States Coast guard regulations, and our experienced captain and crew make every effort to ensure a fun and safe adventure.
- Are your boats handicapped accessible?
- Unfortunately, there are 4 steps you must take to board the boat, but if you are mobile enough our crew would be glad to assist you onto the boat with the best of their ability. The bathrooms on board are not wheelchair accessible but can be used by a passenger with limited mobility. If you'd like to make a request for any special accommodations, please click on the "Contact SFWhaleTours" link.
- Can I smoke on the boat?
- No, smoking is not permitted on board.
- -----------------------------WHAT SHOULD I BRING-------------------------------
- Can I bring my own food and beverages on board?
- Yes! Please feel free to bring your own food or non-alcoholic beverages on board. Beer and wine are allowed on board, but hard alcohol is not.
- Can I bring alcohol on the cruise?
- You may bring beer or wine on the trip, but nothing with a higher alcohol content. Hard liquor is not allowed on board.
- How should I dress?
- Dress warm and in layers. Waterproof jackets are great and comfortable, sturdy shoes are a must.
- Do you offer SFWhaleTours merchandise?
- Yes, please click on the "Contact SFWhaleTours" link for more information and merchandise will be provided on board for purchase.
- -------------------PRIVATE CHARTERS AND GIFT CERTIFICATES------------
- Can I purchase a gift certificate?
- Yes, gift certificates make a great gift for any occasion! If you are interested in purchasing a gift certificate, please click “Contact SFWhaleTours” and include the following information: how many tickets you want the gift certificate to be good for, the mailing address you want them sent to, and your phone number so that San Francisco Whale Tours can contact you to process the gift certificate. Thanks!
- Do you have translators for non-English speaking people?
- Trips are narrated in English, but the scenery is enough to take in even if English isn't your first language. Click on the "Contact SFWhaleTours" link for private trips if you would like to have a translated trip and we will try to accommodate you.
- Can I book a private trip?
- Yes, we do offer private charters. To inquire further, please click on the "Contact SFWhaleTours" link for more information.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- All participants are required to have tickets for this event.
- Our boat is United States Coast Guard documented for a certain amount of passengers and we cannot exceed the capacity. This means that all passengers including infants and toddlers must have a ticket.
San Francisco Whale Tours
SF Whale Tours features a 65' Catamaran, the Kitty Kat, whose unique hull design and superior engineering bring you the smoothest ride on the Bay. Equipped with hydrofoil wings that increase lift, the Kitty Kat is the most advanced vessel for wildlife expeditions, and features a heated cabin, spacious sun deck, and high speeds!