All hands on deck! Join us on this 2 hour sailing adventure aboard Key West's most stunning sailboat, the 105-foot wooden pilot schooner, America 2.0 and be a part of this annual festivity!
America 2.0 features teak decks, mahogany-trimmings, and just under 3600 square feet of canvas to ply you through the glorious crystal blue Key West sailing waters!
This exciting day sail features complimentary drinks and guests are encourage to make the most of the event by bringing aboard their own picnic lunch!
Some of the highlights on this two hour sailing adventure include:
- Play the role of a blockade runner in this annual event
- Watch as civil war re-en-actors fire cannons off other vessels
- Enjoy a waterside view of Fort Zachary Taylor
- See the famed Mallory Square, and Sunset Pier
- And keep your eyes peeled for wildlife: dolphins, sea turtles, and waterbirds
What Is Not Included?
- Do sails sell out frequently?
- Sails do sell out. Potential guests are encouraged to check the website or call the week of the date you would like to attend to check availability for public trips and to book as early as possible.
- What happens if the sail is sold out?
- Unfortunately, we do not have a wait-list for our sails, so please book in advance.
- Is there parking, where? And how much is it?
- Parking in Key West may be somewhat limited. There is a local municipal parking lot at the corner of Caroline Street and Margaret Street, very close to our ticket booth where you check in! Further information will be provided upon purchasing your tickets.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- For children between the ages of 4 and 12 you should purchase a reduced price Child ticket. Children ages 3 and younger ride for free, but you’ll still need to enter the appropriate number of Infant tickets labeled “Free” when purchasing. All passengers, regardless of age, must have a ticket, so please make sure your entire party is accounted for in this way.
- What exactly do we see on the sail?
- Our route is indicative of the of the breeze we are given, but guaranteed crystal blue seas and a water side view of Fort Zachary Taylor are a given. Additional sites may include Mallory Square, Sunset Pier, marine wild life, and fellow schooners within the Key West fleet.
- Is food served during the sails?
- Food is not served on this sail, but guests are welcome and encouraged to bring a picnic.
- How about drinks? Should I bring those?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring alcohol of your own on board. This Sail has complimentary beer, wine, champagne, soda, and bottled water. (One quick note: This is not a unlimited booze-cruise. We aim to create an elegant, relaxing, peaceful, and safe experience for all of our guests.)
- Is the Schooner America 2.0 safe?
- Absolutely. While known for its speed, the Schooner America 2.0 is a safe and gentle vessel. Along with your captain, there is a minimum of two crew members on every sail to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water. We are stocked with water, beverages, blankets, pillows, and life jackets should you feel you need one. There are also private marine heads (bathrooms) and salons below.
- How steady is the sailing? Am I likely to get seasick?
- The Schooner America 2.0 is a steady, gentle vessel. It is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any sea sickness on the schooner, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
- Is there a bathroom on the boat?
- Yes, the boat is equipped with two bathrooms that are accessible at all times. We call them "marine heads" and they are unlike the bathroom you use at home. It involves pumping and there are simple directions posted in the bathrooms on how to use them.
- Can I stow anything (eg, my luggage) during the sail?
- There is an area below deck where you may store your belongings. Please keep in mind that this area is not guarded, so we cannot take responsibility for any broken, lost or missing items. But we have not had any problems with items being left on prior sails.
- What should I wear?
- For any of our sails we recommend wearing comfortable clothing and footwear (high heels are not recommended). Feel free to come in a bathing suit, but bring a light jacket just in case!
- Where does the sail finish?
- Our sails will end at the same dock from which they departed.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Because we are guaranteeing your space on the sail, tickets cannot be refunded once purchased.
- Do you ever cancel sails due to bad weather?
- The sail usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather situations. The only time we cancel a trip is in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. Our captains monitor the radar to watch fronts and cells in the area on days when inclement weather is possible. Cancellations are made on the day of the sail, by the Captain, up to 1 hour prior to sail time. If you have purchased tickets for a sail that is canceled, you will have the opportunity to to reschedule your tickets (subject to availability), take a full refund or receive credit towards a future event.
- What happens if it starts raining when we're out on our sail?
- Don't worry, we won't melt! Trips with a little wetness have proven to be some the most memorable bonding experiences for our guests. (This all depends on attitude of course...) If we are caught in a rain shower we have ankle-length button-down raincoats available for all of our guests aboard the Adirondack III.
- Is gratuity included in the price of the sail?
- Gratuity is not included in the price of the sail. It is customary to reward your hosts with cash tips following the trip.
- Is the schooner wheelchair accessible?
- No, unfortunately the schooner is not wheelchair-accessible.
- Can I book a private charter sail?
- Yes, private sails on the Schooner America 2.0 can be a unique and elegant event for your group. If you are interested in booking a private sail, please contact us by clicking the "Contact SailKeyWest" link.
- Can I get married aboard Adirondack III in Key West?
- Yes. Two of our operators in Key West are capable of performing marriage ceremonies aboard the America 2.0. For further details and arrangements, please click on the "Contact SailKeyWest" link.
- Are gift certificates available for this sail?
- No, unfortunately there are no gift certificates available for this particular sail. There are, however, gift certificates available for our regular Daytime and Sunset Sails, and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please check out the Daytime and Sunset Sails by clicking on the "List of All Activities” link on the left-hand side of this page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets to any other sail (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event, or receive a full refund.
Classic Harbor Line
This 105-foot wooden gaff-rigged sail boat and 80-foot, 1800s vessel are captained by US Coast Guard certified captains and only the most professional and courteous crew you will ever meet. America 2.0 and the Adirondack III are truly the diamonds shining amongst the Key West Schooner Fleet. They are a close cousin to Key West's former pride, Schooner America. Guests are sure to have a comfortable ride on this fast and lively schooner.