Sit back & enjoy the gorgeous view of the island from the climate-controlled and enclosed back-deck observatory of the Manhattan. One complimentary beverage (including soda, juice, coffee, tea, beer, wine, champagne, Bloody Mary, or Mimosa) is included, and additional beverages can be purchased at our onboard bar.
On this 2.75-hour cruise, our route typically includes a complete circumnavigate the entire island of Manhattan. Highlights along the way include:
- The Upper West Side and the majestic George Washington Bridge
- Battery Park, South Street Seaport and the Financial District
- Governor's Island, the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Parts of Brooklyn and Queens and the complete New York City skyline
- Roosevelt Island, the United Nations Building, and the Williamsburg, Manhattan and Brooklyn bridges of the East River
What Is Not Included?
Guarantee of a full circumnavigation of Manhattan is not included. On rare occasions, the Spuyten Duyvil train bridge is inoperable and cannot open for us to pass through. This is often times not known until our tour is underway. There are no refunds for tours that cannot fully circumnavigate. We will accommodate such cases with a route that features a double backing.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Fabulous tour, GREAT service & delicious brunch
|JulietteC||Sun, Sep 28 10:00 AM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
was fun, small group not crowded only one infant & one small child, never knew they were there. Nicely done, very nice ladies Zoey & Maggie were great. Tour was very informational but sometimes hard to hear. We would go again.
|ecoyne10||Sun, Sep 28 10:00 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
I would go on this cruise a million times.
Great trip, rude ticket booth
|Craigee||Sat, Sep 27 10:00 AM||Male||50-59||Local||Group of Friends|
Everything about the trip was wonderful, except for the lady manning the ticket booth. The trip itself was perfect; just the right amount of food and narration. The crew was terrific. But please ask the ticket lady to calm down a bit. She was nice to a few people, but seemed stressed. She was rude to me, and to another couple that had what I suppose she thought were too many questions.
Great Value for Money Tour
|kev1ng||Sun, Sep 21 10:00 AM||Male||50-59||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Organiser of the Brunch Cruise for a party 11. I cannot fault the staff, the boat and food, I did a number of organised tours in NYC and this was the best value for money event by some way. Relaxing, informative and engaging. Highly recommended!
|Roussine||Sat, Sep 20 10:00 AM||Male||50-59||Local||Couple on a Date|
Very enjoyable, and relaxing. Intimate feeling with small group. Food was very good. The vessel was comfortable, ease of sighseeing.
|Smpaet||Sun, Sep 14 10:00 AM||Female||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
I set up a yacht buffet brunch for 9 girls for my sister's bachelorette bash in NY. About 7 of us were from Los Angeles, CA and one from Alaska and most of us had never been to New York at all before. Classic Harbor Line did extremely well with comfortably accommodating all of us and the hosts were so amiable. They start you off with some bagels and lox for appetizer and they bring out 2 course meals after and of course finish with dessert (also, a waffle maker!! Who can resist??). What you're really paying for are the views. We went in September when the weather was just perfect enough to wear a light jacket - it gets cold as the boat moves and there are so many opportunities to take amazing pictures! If you're visiting New York for the first time, you MUST take at least one of CHL's tours. It's so worth the money and experience. They helped make my trip unforgettable and they also made me love New York so much more than I had imagined. Plus, the brunch yacht has such a small group that it makes it so much more intimate and memorable. 5 stars!!
|kevinasaurus||Sun, Sep 14 10:00 AM||Male||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
The boat was comfortable, food was delicious and staff were friendly. The tour went all the way around the island of manhattan and the views were spectacular. I highly recommend this tour.
|Gdallas||Sun, Sep 14 10:00 AM||Female||20-29||Local||Group of Friends|
The boat is really charming, and has a nice outdoor area where you can sit during the tour. The staff is super friendly and enthusiastic, and the food was great! Only downside is sometimes a line forms for food which can be a bit uncomfortable with the rocking of the boat - Really the only downside! Couldn't believe how close we got to the Statue of Liberty, such an amazing view. The staff was always around to help take group shots and to answer any questions. We also had the perfect day weather wise. Great for a family day, trip with friends, or a date. You have to check it out!
Wonderful way to celebrate a special birthday
|taximomlk||Sun, Sep 14 10:00 AM||Female||50-59||Local||Family Without Children|
My husband turned 60 and rather than going for another nice meal out, we took our adult children for the Sunday brunch on the Manhattan (September 13). The experience was special and unforgettable. There were other boats to choose from, but this line is like a boutique cruise. All of 40 people aboard. So we had our own table in the cabin that we could sit inside and see out the tall windows. Then when it got warmer during the day there was plenty of room outside with benches. The food was excellent and the crew was very helpful. The boat goes all way around Manhattan which the larger boats cannot do as they cannot fit under the bridges. I recommend it highly.
Brilliant introduction to Manhattan
|Jomsimpson||Sun, Sep 7 10:00 AM||Female||50-59||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
The weather was lovely, the food delicious and the service discreet and friendly... And as newcomers to NYC this trip really gave us a feel for the scale and geography of Manhattan island. The boat is beautiful and small enough for you to be near the water. I had no idea the waters around Manhattan would be so challenging... Lots of tide rips and whirlpools. The trip was interesting and exhilarating and well worth the money.
- What is on the menu?
- Belgian Waffle Station (features fresh fruits, whipped cream, and NY State maple syrup), Local Freshly Baked NY Bagels, (includes our chefs own flavored cream cheeses including: raisin/honey/walnut, garden vegetable & market fresh herb) Fresh Muffins & Pastries, Smoked Salmon Platter (includes capers, red onion, tomatoes & Italian peppers), Smoked Spiral Brown Sugar Glazed Virginia Ham (served with chopped Manhattan salad composed of baby greens, farm fresh veggies and goat cheese), Our House-made Quiche or Frittata (changes weekly to incorporate fresh locally sourced ingredients served with smoked breakfast sausages), Selection of gourmet freshly brewed coffee, tea & juice
- Do cruises sell out frequently?
- Cruises often sell out, and are rarely open for booking more than a week in advance. Check the website or call the week of the date you would like to attend to check availability for public trips and to book as early as possible. If a cruise is sold out for a specific day you are looking for make sure to check out the other Afternoon Events we offer: Bridge, Infrastructure & Architecture Tour, Wine & Cheese Tasting Cruise or our Official AIA NYC Architecture Tour.
- Is there parking and how much is it?
- There is parking at Chelsea Piers. You must be south-bound on the West Side Hwy in order to access the turn-in for parking on Piers 61, 60, and 59. Up to 3 hours of parking is $25, and up to 4 hours is $38.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- For children between the ages of 3 and 14 you should purchase a reduced price Child ticket. Children ages 2 and younger ride for free, but you’ll still need to enter the appropriate number of Infant tickets labeled “Free” when purchasing. All passengers, regardless of age, must have a ticket, so please make sure your entire party is accounted for in this way.
- Why doesn't the schedule list weekdays for more than the next couple of weeks?
- Weekend dates are currently available for purchase for the coming months. The Yacht Manhattan is a very popular choice for private charter cruises, so weekdays are added as they become available for the public, which may not be until just a week or two before the cruise date. If the date you are looking for is not currently listed in the schedule, please check back at this website frequently for updates, or contact Classic Harbor Line by clicking “Contact SailNYC” (Many people also use the “Email a Friend” link to send themselves an email so they can easily return to this page for schedule updates.)
- What exactly do we see on the cruise?
- On the round-Manhattan (circumnavigation) cruise, Manhattan travels north from Chelsea Piers on the Hudson River past the Empire State Building and the tree-lined upper west side, under the George Washington Bridge, past the New Jersey Palisades on the westside embankment and then east onto the Harlem River to the East River. The Motor Yacht Manhattan then passes by the United Nations, and under the Williamsburg, Manhatttan, and Brooklyn Brooklyn Bridge (as well as 14 other bridges). She makes a wide pass through the New York City Harbor to grab a spectacular view of the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, the Financial District and the complete NYC skyline before returning to Chelsea Piers.
- How about drinks? Should I bring those too?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring alcohol of your own on board. A Complimentary beer, wine Champagne, Mimosa, Bloody Mary, soda, coffee, tea or water is offered on all Brunch Cruises. Additional beverages and mixed drinks are available for purchase.
- Is the Yacht Manhattan safe?
- Absolutely. Along with your captain, there is a minimum of two crew members on every sail to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water. We are stocked with water, beverages, and life jackets should you feel you need one.
- How steady is the cruise? Am I likely to get seasick?
- It is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any sea sickness on the Motor Yacht Manhattan, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
- Is there an age limit for these cruises?
- While there is no age limit for the cruise, all attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Where does the cruise finish?
- Our cruise will end at the same pier from which it departed.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Do you ever cancel cruises due to bad weather?
- The cruise runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where we are forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit towards a future event, or receive a refund.
- Is gratuity included in the price of the cruise?
- Gratuity is not included in the price of the cruise. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted directly by Classic Harbor Line within 48 hours of purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
- What happens if it starts raining when we're out on our cruise?
- The aft-deck observatory of the Manhattan is a completely enclosed area with a roof, so in the event of rain, you will be covered.
- Is the Manhattan handicap accessible?
- The Manhattan is accessible to those with walkers and canes. While the exterior deck is also accessible to those in wheelchairs, the Manhattan is not completely wheelchair accessible by average standards. If you are in a wheelchair, please keep in mind that there is unfortunately no access into the main cabin (the back interior observatory). In addition, areas such as the and on-board restrooms have limited access as they are located down several steps. A guest using a wheelchair who would like to reach the back observatory must be comfortable with being carried down by our crew. For this reason, we cannot safely accommodate guests who require this service if they weigh more than 175 pounds. If you will need this service, please click “Contact SailNYC” to discuss with us before purchasing tickets.
- Can I book a private charter cruise?
- Yes, private cruises can be a unique and elegant event for your group. If you are interested in booking a private cruise, please contact us by clicking “Contact SailNYC” to the left of the page
- Is smoking permitted during the cruise?
- No, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the boat.
- Are gift certificates available for this cruise?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for the Around Manhattan Brunch Cruise, and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this cruise, please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- How is my gift certificate delivered? Can I print it out now and give it to the recipient myself?
- Yes, you can! When you purchase your gift certificate online, you will be presented immediately with your gift certificate so that you can print it out and deliver it. If you buy it over the phone, a link to your gift certificate will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is completed.
- What if I want the gift certificate emailed to the recipient instead?
- That's no problem, either! When you purchase your gift certificate, just select the option to have the certificate emailed directly to the recipient and provide their email address. You'll even be able to decide whether you want the email sent immediately or if you'd prefer to schedule it to be emailed on a future date. (For instance, if you want to buy it today so you don't forget, but you don't want it emailed to the recipient until their special day!)
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event, or receive a refund.
- Parties of 12 or more will be contacted for an additional gratuity charge of 18%.
- Classic Harbor Line will contact you directly within 48 hours of your purchase to take your credit card information for the additional charge. You must be reachable at the telephone number and email you provide.
Classic Harbor Line
She was constructed right here New York state by Scarano Boat Building in 2005. We take great pride in her New York heritage as well as in serving the very best of New York beers, wines, cheeses, produce, and local baked goods aboard her decks.
Edible Manhattan wrote that we are “not your mother’s Circle Line.” We strive to surpass any “tourist” expectations of what a harbor cruise entails: We include a “taste of New York” in our menus and maintain an unprecedented level of hospitality aboard a special, beautiful, intimate yacht built by NY craftsmen.
Classically-lined and comfortable with teak decks and mahogany rails, the Manhattan can accommodate up to 50 for dinner or 75 for passed hors d’ oeuvres. She features an enclosed, cushioned observatory surrounded by large windows and skylights. She is equipped for all weather with a/c & heating and thus operates comfortably from early spring through New Year’s Day.