This American Institute of Architects (AIANY) accredited tour is hosted by John Kriskiewicz, professor of Architecture and City Planning at Parsons and FIT.
Being low to the water and designed for comfort and small groups, guests are sure to have excellent views and photo opportunities. There is room for all in our elegantly appointed, cushioned and climate-controlled observatory, or guests may enjoy the outer teak decks when weather permits.
On this 2.75 cruise, you are treated to a complimentary beverage from the bar and light hors d' oeuvres.
Highlights along the way typically include:
- Battery Park, South Street Seaport and the Financial District
- Governor's Island, The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- High Bridge: as the city's oldest bridge, she was completed in 1842 to carry the Croton Aqueduct into Manhattan.
- 7 swing bridges, 3 lift bridges and 4 arch bridges that span the Harlem River
- Roosevelt Island, the United Nations Building, and the famous Williamsburg, Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges of the East River
- The Upper West Side and the majestic George Washington Bridge
What Is Not Included?
Guarantee of a full circumnavigation of Manhattan is not included. On rare occasions, the Spuyten Duyvil train bridge is inoperable and cannot open for us to pass through. This is often times not known until our tour is underway. There are no refunds for tours that cannot fully circumnavigate. We will accommodate such cases with a tour that features a double backing of the route and further detail of the waterfront sites.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|Carl_DiPaolo||Sat, Oct 4 1:45 PM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified|
I take these trips for AIA credits but seriously I would do it again and again just for the pure pleasure. really fun and information packed.
A beautiful sail and so much to learn....
|piccolofam||Sat, Oct 4 1:45 PM||Female||50-59||Local||Family Without Children|
Learning more about the infrastructure of Manhattan and of future plans to enhance the experience of life at the water's edge in the city was coupled with a beautiful cruise around the Island. There were about 15 people on our tour, so it was a small pleasant group. The wine, cheese and fruit that were served were a healthy treat and somewhat unexpected, but certainly appreciated. We had a beautiful day! Even though I've lived my entire life in New York City, I am still thrilled by all it has to offer, and am still moved when I sail past the Statue of Liberty - our lady of the harbor. I most definitely recommend this tour for visitors to NYC and for native New Yorkers as well!
|mjpetrucelli||Sat, Oct 4 1:45 PM||Unspecified||30-39||Local||Couple on a Date|
Very intimate setting, clean boat with two restrooms plenty of comfortable seating. Local or tourist this is a must! Great snacks and drinks! Friendly crew make sure to drop a few bucks in the white bucket when getting off.
Enjoyable and Educational
|mbarone002||Sat, Aug 16 1:45 PM||Male||50-59||Local||Family With Children|
The boat, crew and guide were outstanding! I learned a boatload (pun intended!) of interesting facts about NYC and the critical infrastructure that supports this great city. This is my second Classic Harbor Line tour and I am really impressed. I can't wait to go on another cruise. And by the way, the included drink and light snack (cheese, crackers,fruit) added to the wonderful experience.
|smarksmd||Sat, Aug 16 1:45 PM||Female||60-69||Local||Group of Friends|
As a native New Yorker, I learned an enormous amount about the city and how structure and function work. The speaker was concise, shared interesting history. The boat was comfortable and the entire experience one that I would highly recommend.
Fantastic way to circumnavigate Manhattan!
|bchristerson||Sat, Aug 16 1:45 PM||Female||50-59||Local||Family With Children|
My husband, son and I recently took a trip around Manhattan on "Manhattan" -- it could not have been more enjoyable! The crew was attentive, the guide knowledgeable and entertaining, and the boat itself beautifully appointed. A perfect experience!
Fantastic Tour. Highly recommended!
|JenniferWebb||Sat, Aug 16 1:45 PM||Female||50-59||International Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Took the Arch Infrastructure Tour. Amazing views of the city from the water; expert, enjoyable commentary by the guide; great service by crew and captain. A truly, unique way to spend an afternoon in NY. Can't wait to come back and take another tour!
excellent tour guide & captain
|dionralph||Sat, Jul 19 1:45 PM||Female||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
we learned a great deal from guide;he was enthusiastic & spoke almost the entire time in a well modulated voice. Captain made sure guests were comfortable in wakes etc.
great tour with a greatly informative guide!
|lorikling||Sat, May 31 1:45 PM||Female||50-59||Local||Group of Friends|
We can't recommend this tour more highly. John Kriskiewicz, the guide, is extremely knowledgeable, providing information and insight that puts the buildings, bridges etc in historical perspective. I didn't expect to come so close to the Statue of Liberty, or to travel all the way around the northern tip of Manhattan, where we saw some of th oldest bridges to span the east river and also the only part of Manhattan still in its original forested state. Just a great tour and a great day.
Excellent insights and history
|rmagid||Sat, Apr 12 1:45 PM||Male||50-59||Local||Family Without Children|
Having lived in the NYC area for the last 55 years, this was a very fresh and insightful trip around Manhattan Island. My wife and I learned some great things about the history and development of the NY infrastructure. I highly recommend this trip.
- Do cruises sell out frequently?
- Cruises often sell out, and are rarely open for booking more than a week in advance. Check the website or call the week of the date you would like to attend to check availability for public trips and to book as early as possible.
- Is there parking and how much is it?
- There is parking at Chelsea Piers. You must be south-bound on the West Side Hwy in order to access the turn-in for parking on Piers 61, 60, and 59. Up to 3 hours of parking is $25, and up to 4 hours is $38.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- This trip is designated for Adults and Students (14 and older) with a keen interest in the narration. We aim to create an elegant and educational experience for these guests and ask that infants and children under 14 are not brought aboard. This tour is ideal for Adults and for Students with an interest in Engineering, Architecture, Urban Planning, Design or Waterfront Development. High School Students or College Students with a valid Student ID may make use of the 'Student' ticket. Free infant tickets and child tickets are available on the Statue & Skyline Cruise and the Brunch Cruise.
- What exactly do we see on the cruise?
- On the round-Manhattan (circumnavigation) cruise, Manhattan travels north from Chelsea Piers on the Hudson River past the Empire State Building and the tree-lined upper west side, under the George Washington Bridge, past the New Jersey Palisades on the westside embankment and then east onto the Harlem River to the East River. The Motor Yacht Manhattan then passes by the United Nations, and under the Williamsburg, Manhatttan, and Brooklyn Brooklyn Bridge (as well as 14 other bridges). She makes a wide pass through the New York City Harbor to grab a spectacular view of the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, the Financial District and the complete NYC skyline before returning to Chelsea Piers.
- Will there be food or drinks on board?
- Yes, we will be serving light hors d'oeuvres. A complimentary beverage will be served on trips, plus additional beverages will be available for purchase from the bar, including wines by the glass or the bottle.
- How about drinks? Should I bring those too?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring alcohol of your own on board. A complimentary beverage will be served on trips, plus additional beverages will be available for purchase from the bar, including wines by the glass or the bottle.
- Is the Yacht Manhattan safe?
- Absolutely. Along with your captain, there is a minimum of two crew members on every sail to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water. We are stocked with water, beverages, and life jackets should you feel you need one.
- How steady is the cruise? Am I likely to get seasick?
- It is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any sea sickness on the Motor Yacht Manhattan, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
- Is there an age limit for these cruises?
- While there is no age limit for the cruise, all attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Where does the cruise finish?
- Our cruise will end at the same pier from which it departed.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Because we are guaranteeing your space on the cruise, tickets cannot be refunded or rescheduled once purchased.
- Do you ever cancel cruises due to bad weather?
- The cruise runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where we are forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit towards a future event, or receive a refund.
- Is gratuity included in the price of the cruise?
- Gratuity is not included in the price of the cruise. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted directly by Classic Harbor Line within 48 hours of purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
- What happens if it starts raining when we're out on our cruise?
- The aft-deck observatory of the Manhattan is a completely enclosed area with a roof, so in the event of rain, you will be covered.
- Is the Manhattan handicap accessible?
- The Manhattan is accessible to those with walkers and canes. While the exterior deck is also accessible to those in wheelchairs, the Manhattan is not completely wheelchair accessible by average standards. If you are in a wheelchair, please keep in mind that there is unfortunately no access into the main cabin (the back interior observatory). In addition, areas such as the and on-board restrooms have limited access as they are located down several steps. A guest using a wheelchair who would like to reach the back observatory must be comfortable with being carried down by our crew. For this reason, we cannot safely accommodate guests who require this service if they weigh more than 175 pounds. If you will need this service, please click “Contact SailNYC” to discuss with us before purchasing tickets.
- Can I book a private charter cruise?
- Yes, private cruises can be a unique and elegant event for your group. If you are interested in booking a private cruise, please contact us by clicking “Contact SailNYC” to the left of the page.
- Is smoking permitted during the cruise?
- No, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the boat.
- Are gift certificates available for this cruise?
- Yes, gift certificates are available, and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this cruise, please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event, or receive a refund.
- Parties of 12 or more will be contacted for an additional gratuity charge of 18%.
- Classic Harbor Line will contact you directly within 48 hours of your purchase to take your credit card information for the additional charge. You must be reachable at the telephone number and email you provide.
Classic Harbor Line
She was built here in the state of New York by Scarano Boat Building in 2005 and is currently the only non-sailing yacht in our Classic Harbor Line fleet. We take great pride in her New York heritage and we additionally take great pride in serving the very best of New York beers, wines, cheeses, produce & famous local bakery aboard her decks.
Edible Manhattan wrote that we are “Not Your Mother’s Circle Line”. We strive to surpass any “tourist” expectations of what a “harbor cruise” entails: we include a “Taste of NY” in our menus, maintain an unprecedented level of hospitality and we do so aboard a special, beautiful, intimate yacht built by NY craftsmen.
Classically-lined & comfortable with teak decks and mahogany rails, she can accommodate up to 50 for dinner & 75 for passed hors d’ oeuvres. She features an enclosed, cushioned observatory surrounded by large windows & skylights. She is equipped for all weather with a/c & heating and thus operates comfortably from early spring through New Year’s Day.