Sit back and enjoy this intimate cruise down the Hudson into the Grand New York Harbor for a perfect viewing of the Statue of Liberty. Plenty of room and comfort for all will be found from the open decks of on of our classic mini yachts: Beacon or Kingston!
Highlights on this 1.5 hour cruise include:
- Battery Park, South Street Seaport and the Financial District
- Governor's Island, The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Parts of Brooklyn, Queens, the Hoboken and Jersey City Waterfront, and the New York City skyline!
- The Williamsburg, Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges of the East River
The Beacon & Kingston provide the perfect opportunity to relax, maybe have a romantic night out, or just take in the sites!
So hop aboard the mini yachts Beacon or Kingston today and see all of the sights that the New York Harbor has to offer!
**This trip USUALLY runs on the Beacon, but occasionally takes place on the Kingston (Same size and style!).
What Is Not Included?
Gratuity is not included in the price of your cruise. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted shortly after purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Great short afternoon cruise from Hoboken .
|Gregory164||Sun, Jun 29 4:30 PM||Male||40-49||Local||Couple on a Date|
Very nice small boat cruise from Hoboken to Statue of Liberty then up under the Brooklyn Bridge and back. $32 for an hour 1/2 + trip seemed well worth it . $5 beer and wine also affordable . Great views out on the water and the crew was super friendly . I would highly recommend it for any North Jersey folks like for a quick weekend activity .
|Alj08001||Sun, Jun 15 2:30 PM||Female||20-29||Combination||Family Without Children|
Great trip! Awesome weather - perfect amount of time on the boat - family of 7 ages 20 to 55 loved It
|Dmb626803||Sat, Jun 14 4:30 PM||Male||30-39||Local||Individual|
Great time. Will definitely go again
|Wackerle||Mon, May 26 2:30 PM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Great fun. Wonderful crew.l
|clkjca||Sat, Oct 19, 13 2:30 PM||Female||50-59||Local||Family Without Children|
The trip was fun, relaxing and we saw some great sites. The crew was very accommodating and took great care of us. They made the cruise even better than we hoped.
Great Crew, Great Boat, Great Day
|doggrbeats||Sat, Sep 14, 13 2:30 PM||Male||30-39||Local||Group of Friends|
Had a a lot of fun on a trip around lower Manhattan for a friends 30th. Capt Carl and Firstmate Rinn were excellent.
What a wonderful boat ride!!
|JosieDiChiar||Sat, Aug 31, 13 2:30 PM||Female||50-59||Local||Family With Children|
I took my 10 year old nephew for the boat ride from Hoboken on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. The 90 minute ride was top notch from the start to the finish. The two crew - the captain and his associate/bartender/overall great lady were so engaging that it made the trip even more enjoyable. Having been use to paying an arm and a leg to be on a large boat packed solid and not enjoy the ride to this "intimate" setting of 20 - 30 people was so refreshing. Loved it and loved being able to walk around the boat and see the gorgeous sites from all angles. I have already told other members of my family that we need to do a family ride in the very near future!
Absolutely over the top for a couple dating.
|kmilovic||Sun, Aug 25, 13 2:30 PM||Male||50-59||Local||Couple on a Date|
It was very romantic....
Wonderful experience with knowledgeable crew!
|heathlf73||Sun, Aug 11, 13 4:30 PM||Female||40-49||Local||Couple on a Date|
My husband and I took the cruise to celebrate our.wedding anniversary. Stephanie was very attentive to all the guests and very friendly. She offered to take our picture without being asked. Very pleasant experience! Have already recommended to friends!
LOVELY tour of NYC and surrounding
|hfreer||Sun, Aug 11, 13 2:30 PM||Female||30-39||Combination||Family Without Children|
My family came to visit me in Hoboken- my roommate and I had NO clue where to take them - other than into the city which my Dad absolutely hates- WAY too crowded and annoying for him. My roommate had found a boat tour that leaves from hoboken around the city- AKA Yacht Beacon. We didn't know what to expect from it, but we had an absolute lovely time. The crew members were super friendly and attentive. The boat was super comfortable AND they have a bar featuring glasses of wine and $5 beers. It was not a guided tour, but you could always ask questions which was pretty awesome. They also have a sunset cruise which my friends and I will def hit up sometime in September. Thanks for bringing something this cool into Hoboken!
- Do cruises sell out frequently? If a cruise is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- Cruises often sell out, and are rarely open for booking more than a week in advance. Check the website or call the week of the date you would like to attend to check availability for public trips and to book as early as possible. A waiting list is kept for sold out trips and special events.
- Is there parking and how much is it?
- Occasionally, you can find street parking within a few blocks of the pier, but there are also a number of parking garages to be considered. Propark at 1125 Hudson Street, Propark at 1450 Bloomfield Avenue and Littleman Parking at 2 12th Street are the nearest location. Rates vary based on day and time of day.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Because we are guaranteeing your space on the cruise, tickets cannot be refunded or rescheduled once purchased. In the case of extreme weather, the captain may allow rescheduling or refunds, but that decision is normally made on the day of the event up to one hour prior to departure.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- Please note that everyone needs a ticket for this cruise. There are free tickets available for children ages 2 and younger, and for children ages 3-14 we offer a reduced rate ticket.
- What exactly do we see on the cruise?
- You will see many sites in Lower Manhattan including: Battery Park, South Street Seaport and the Financial District Governor's Island, The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Parts of Brooklyn and Queens and the complete New York City skyline and the Williamsburg, Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges of the East River depending on the tides.
- Is food available on the boat?
- There is no food served on the day cruise but you are welcome to bring aboard a small picnic of your own! Cheese & Crackers, some sushi to go, some fine deli sandwiches, etc. go great with a cold beer or wine and a warm summer sunset!
- How about drinks? Should I bring those too?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring alcohol of your own on board. We have a fully stocked bar on board with craft beers, wine, champagne and soft drinks available for purchase.
- Are the Yachts Beacon and Kingston safe?
- Absolutely. Along with your captain, you also have a crew member on every cruise to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water. We are stocked with water, other non-alcoholic beverages, and life jackets should you feel you need one. We also have a roomy bathroom and a high secure wall that encircles the perimeter of the boat.
- How steady is the cruise? Am I likely to get seasick?
- It is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any sea sickness on the yachts, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
- Is there an age limit for these cruises?
- While there is no age limit for the cruise, all attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Where does the cruise finish?
- Our cruise will end at the same pier from which it departed. Pier 13 in Hoboken!
- What happens if it starts raining when we're out on our cruise?
- The aft-deck observatory of the Kingston is a completely covered area with a roof, so in the event of rain, you will be covered. The Beacon is 70% covered.
- Do you ever cancel cruises due to bad weather?
- In the rare situation where we are forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit towards a future event, or receive a refund.
- Is gratuity included in the price of the cruise?
- Gratuity is not included in the price of the cruise. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted directly by Classic Harbor Line within 48 hours of purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
- Are the Beacon & Kingston handicap accessible?
- Unfortunately, they are not handicap accessible.
- Is smoking permitted during the cruise?
- No, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the boat.
- Can I book a private charter cruise?
- Yes!! Private cruises can be a unique and elegant event for your group. If you are interested in booking a private cruise, please contact us by clicking the "Contact SailNYC" link.
- Are gift certificates available for this cruise?
- No, gift certificates are not available. Please check out our other regularly scheduled public trips for fantastic gift certificate options!
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event, or receive a refund.
- Parties of 12 or more will be contacted for an additional gratuity charge of 18%.
- Classic Harbor Line will contact you directly within 48 hours of your purchase to take your credit card information for the additional charge. You must be reachable at the telephone number and email you provide.
Classic Harbor Line
The Beacon is operated by Coast Guard Certified Captains and extremely friendly and talented crew. Known for their amazing hospitality, our staff is all professionally trained and experienced on our vessel. They're also very knowledgeable about all the sights you will enjoy.
Sit back, relax, and enjoy yourself. With wind in your hair and amazing scenes in front of your eyes, everything is just breezy on the Beacon.