This annual celebration will end with a bang! Colorful fireworks soar in the sky of New York Harbor just off Pier 54 after the "Pride Dance." Exhale your "ohs and ahs" as you glide through the sparkling reflections of fireworks on the water.
Some illuminated views along the way will include:
- A gorgeous display of fireworks
- The New York City skyline
- Battery Park, a 20-acre park at the southern tip of Manhattan, where artillery has been stationed over the centuries
- Ellis Island, the immigrant doorway to America from 1892 to 1954
- The Statue of Liberty, a French gift that arrived in New York harbor in 1885 and has come to represent our nation's freedom and ideals
We will be shutting off our engines and setting sail for as much of the trip as possible.
Climb aboard the Schooner Adirondack and experience the city's beauty and elegance under a sparkling sky.
What Is Not Included?
Gratuity is not included in the price of your sail. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted shortly after purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
- Do sails sell out frequently?
- Sails often sell out, and are rarely open for booking more than a week in advance. Check the website or call the week of the date you would like to attend to check availability for public trips and to book as early as possible.
- Which schooner will I be on?
- You will be on either the Schooner Adirondack or the Schooner Adirondack III. They are nearly identical and have the same views and services.
- What happens if the sail is sold out?
- Unfortunately, we do not have a wait-list for our sails, so please book well in advance. However, if you find the sail you are looking for is full, you should also check out our calendar for great alternatives!
- When are the fireworks?
- Fireworks will be shot off between 9:30 and 10:30. We will be staying out until the show is over - even if we are a little late coming back.
- What exactly is the Pride Dance?
- The Pride Dance is a fun party with music and dancing that takes place at Pier 54 highlighting the end of the Gay Pride Celebration. The fireworks sail is the perfect way to cap off your evening after the dance!
- I am not gay, but I support gay rights – is this cruise right for me?
- Yes! We welcome passengers of all orientations and walks of life on this cruise! No one will be made to feel out of place!
- Is there parking and how much is it?
- There is parking on all the piers at Chelsea Piers. You must be south-bound on the West Side Hwy in order to access the turn-in for parking on Piers 61, 60, and 59. Up to 3 hours of parking is $22, and up to 4 hours is $32.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- For children between the ages of 3 and 14 you should purchase a reduced price Child ticket. Children ages 2 and younger ride for free, but you’ll still need to enter the appropriate number of Infant tickets labeled “Free” when purchasing. All passengers, regardless of age, must have a ticket, so please make sure your entire party is accounted for in this way.
- Why is the Fireworks Sail not regularly scheduled?
- Fireworks are done by companies here in NYC - They pick the day of their celebration, which dictates when we can run the sail.
- What exactly do we see on the sail?
- You will see a beautiful display of Fireworks out in New York Harbor. And while each sail may differ due to wind and other conditions, we do try to follow the following route: heading south from Chelsea Piers and down the Hudson River to Battery Park, the schooners pass by Ellis Island and sails out to the Statue of Liberty. Fantastic views of the NYC skyline on the way back to Chelsea Piers.
- Is food served during the sail?
- Food is not served on the Fireworks Sail, although drinks are included. Feel free to bring a small picnic if you like.
- How about drinks? Should I bring those?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring alcohol of your own on board. Our Fireworks Sail, just like our Sunset, City Lights, and Full Moon sails, includes complimentary champagne, wine, beer, soft drinks and water, and we therefore ask that you do not bring your own drinks on your sail. (One quick note: we will serve a few rounds, but it is not an unlimited booze-cruise. We aim to create an elegant, relaxing, peaceful, and safe experience for all of our guests.) Our day sails include Beer, Soda, and bottled water. Our Brunch Sail includes Mimosas, Champagne, O.J., Beer, Sodas, and water.
- Are the schooners safe?
- Absolutely. While known for their speed, the Schooners Adirondack & Adirondack III are safe and gentle vessels. Along with your captain, there is a minimum of two crew members on every sail to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water. We are stocked with water, beverages, blankets, pillows, and life jackets should you feel you need one. There are also a private marine heads (bathrooms) and cabins below.
- How steady is the sailing? Am I likely to get seasick?
- These schooners are steady, gentle vessels. It is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any sea sickness on the Schooners Adirondack & Adirondack III, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
- Is there a bathroom on the boat?
- Yes, the boats are equipped with a bathroom that is accessible at all times. We call it a "marine head" and it is unlike the bathroom you use at home. It involves pumping and there are simple directions posted in the bathroom on how to use it.
- Is there an age limit for these sails?
- While there is no age limit for the sails, all attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Can I stow anything (eg, my briefcase) during the sail?
- There is an area below deck where you may store your belongings. Please keep in mind that this area is not guarded, so we cannot take responsibility for any broken, lost or missing items. But we have not had any problems with items being left on prior sails.
- Where does the sail finish?
- Our sail will end at the same pier from which it departed.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Because we are guaranteeing your space on the sail, tickets cannot be refunded or rescheduled once purchased.
- Do you ever cancel sails due to bad weather?
- The sail usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather situations. The only time we cancel a trip is in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. Our captains monitor the radar to watch fronts and cells in the area on days when inclement weather is possible. Cancellations are made on the day of the sail, by the Captain, up to 1 hour prior to sail time. If you have purchased tickets for a sail that is canceled, you will have the opportunity to reschedule your tickets (subject to availability), receive credit towards a future event, or receive a refund.
- What happens if it starts raining when we're out on our sail?
- Don't worry, we won't melt! Trips with a little wetness have proven to be some the most memorable bonding experiences for our guests. (This all depends on attitude of course...) If we are caught in a rain shower we have ankle-length button-down raincoats available for all of our guests.
- Is gratuity included in the price of the sail?
- Gratuity is not included in the price of the sail. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted directly by Classic Harbor Line within 48 hours of purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
- Are the schooners handicap accessible?
- No, unfortunately the schooners are not wheelchair-accessible.
- What is the difference between the Adirondack and the Adirondack III?
- Our two schooners, the Adirondack and the Adirondack III share much in common, as they were both built by the same builder and are approximately the same size (80 ft.). They both are elegant, two masted schooners, and are gentle yet fast vessels.
- What is the difference between the sails on the Adirondack versus Adirondack III?
- The routes, prices, and of course exceptional views of the two sail options are very similar. And if you love the Adirondack, you'll love Adirondack III!
- Can I book a private charter sail?
- Yes, private sails on the Schooners Adirondack & Adirondack III. They can be unique and elegant events for your group. If you are interested in booking a private sail, please contact us by clicking “Contact SailNYC” to the left of the page.
- Is smoking permitted during the sail?
- No, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the boat.
- Are gift certificates available for this sail?
- No, gift certificates are not available for this sail. However, we do have gift certificates available for our day, sunset and city lights sails and plenty of cruises on the yacht Manhattan. Furthermore, you can use your gift certificate as cash value towards another event! Click on the "List of All Activities" link to see a list of all of our cruises and sails.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be canceled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event, or receive a refund.
- Parties of 12 or more will be contacted for an additional gratuity charge of 18%.
- Classic Harbor Line will contact you directly within 48 hours of your purchase to take your credit card information for the additional charge. You must be reachable at the telephone number and email you provide.
Classic Harbor Line
Sailing in this schooner is a privilege. She moves through the water efficiently and beautifully; we take great pride in sharing her with you.
The Adirondack is operated by Coast Guard-certified captains and extremely friendly and talented crew. Our crew is known for their amazing hospitality, and are professionally trained and experienced on sailing our vessels well and safely. Do not hesitate to ask our crew about the boat or any of the NYC sites.