Sit back and enjoy the gorgeous 360-degree view of the island from the heated and enclosed back-deck observatory of this 1920's style motor yacht.
On this 2.75 hour cruise, take in picturesque views from our glassed-in observatory. Highlights along the way include:
- The Upper West Side and the majestic George Washington Bridge
- Battery Park, South Street Seaport and the Financial District
- Governor's Island, The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Parts of Brooklyn and Queens and the complete New York City skyline
- Roosevelt Island, the United Nations Building, and the Williamsburg, Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges of the East River
There is no strict dress code. Feel free to come fancy, fun, or just comfortable.
So hop aboard the Manhattan today for an bountiful family style dinner cruise around the most famous island in the world!
What Is Not Included?
- Do cruises sell out frequently?
- Cruises often sell out, and are rarely open for booking more than a week in advance. Check the website or call the week of the date you would like to attend to check availability for public trips and to book as early as possible.
- What type of ticket should I purchase if I'm bringing a very young child?
- For children between the ages of 3 and 14 you should purchase a reduced price Child ticket. While many of our sails and cruises are family and children friendly, due to the nature and duration of this particular event, we kindly ask that you do not bring a child under the age of 3.
- Is there parking and how much is it?
- There is parking on all the piers at Chelsea Piers. You must be south-bound on the West Side Hwy in order to access the turn-in for parking on Piers 61 and 60. Up to 3 hours of parking is $22, and $10 for each additional hour
- What does dinner include?
- Your dinner will consist of a salad course, herb roasted chicken, encrusted salmon, and several seasonal roasted vegetables. Finish with dessert, coffee and tea. A complimentary beer, wine or champagne is also included, and additional drinks are available for purchase.
- Can you accomodate any dietary restrictions?
- We can accomodate vegetarians and there will be a vegetarian option for your entree. Unfortunately, however, we cannot accomodate other dietary restrictions, such as kosher, diabetic or food allergy issues.
- What is the dress code?
- Come dress fancy, fun, or just comfortable. No strict dress code is enforced.
- What exactly do we see on the cruise?
- On the round-Manhattan (circumnavigation) cruise, Manhattan travels north from Chelsea Piers on the Hudson River past the Empire State Building and the tree-lined upper west side, under the George Washington Bridge, past the New Jersey Palisades on the westside embankment and then east onto the Harlem River to the East River. The Motor Yacht Manhattan then passes by the United Nations, and under the Williamsburg, Manhatttan, and Brooklyn Brooklyn Bridge (as well as 14 other bridges). She makes a wide pass through the New York City Harbor to grab a spectacular view of the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, the Financial District and the complete NYC skyline before returning to Chelsea Piers.
- How about drinks? Should I bring those?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring alcohol of your own on board. A complimentary beverage will be served on trips, plus additional beverages will be available for purchase from the bar, including wines by the glass or the bottle.
- Is the Motor Yacht Manhattan safe?
- Absolutely. Along with your captain, there is a minimum of two crew members on every sail to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water. We are stocked with water, beverages, and life jackets should you feel you need one.
- How steady is the cruise? Am I likely to get seasick?
- It is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any sea sickness on the Motor Yacht Manhattan, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
- Is there an age limit for these cruises?
- While there is no age limit for the cruise, all attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. There are child rates for kids 3-14. This trip is not ideal for infants and there are no infant tickets available.
- Where does the cruise finish?
- Our cruise will end at the same pier from which it departed.
- Is gratuity included in the price of the cruise?
- Gratuity is not included in the price of the cruise. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted directly by Classic Harbor Line within 48 hours of purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Because we are guaranteeing your space on the cruise, tickets cannot be refunded or rescheduled once purchased.
- Do you ever cancel cruises due to bad weather?
- The cruise runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where we are forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit towards a future event, or receive a refund.
- What happens if it starts raining when we're out on our cruise?
- The aft-deck observatory of the Manhattan is a completely enclosed area with a roof, so in the event of rain, you will be covered.
- Is the Manhattan handicap accessible?
- The Manhattan is accessible to those with walkers and canes. While the exterior deck is also accessible to those in wheelchairs, the Manhattan is not completely wheelchair accessible by average standards. If you are in a wheelchair, please keep in mind that there is unfortunately no access into the main cabin (the back interior observatory). In addition, areas such as the on-board restrooms have limited access as they are located down several steps. A guest using a wheelchair who would like to reach the back observatory must be comfortable with being carried down by our crew. For this reason, we cannot safely accommodate guests who require this service if they weigh more than 175 pounds. If you will need this service, please click “Contact SailNYC” to discuss with us before purchasing tickets.
- Can I book a private charter cruise?
- Yes, private cruises can be a unique and elegant event for your group. If you are interested in booking a private cruise, please contact us by clicking "Contact SailNYC" to the left of the page.
- Is smoking permitted during the cruise?
- No, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the boat.
- Are gift certificates available for this cruise?
- No, unfortunately there are no gift certificates available for our Special Event Yacht Cruises. There are, however, gift certificates available for our Statue and Skyline, Sunset, City Lights, and Brunch cruises, and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please check out these other cruises by clicking “List of All Activities” on the left-hand side of this page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event, or receive a refund.
- Parties of 12 or more will be contacted for an additional gratuity charge of 18%.
- Classic Harbor Line will contact you directly within 48 hours of your purchase to take your credit card information for the additional charge. You must be reachable at the telephone number and email you provide.
Classic Harbor Line
She was built here in the state of New York by Scarano Boat Building in 2005 and is currently the only non-sailing yacht in our Classic Harbor Line fleet. We take great pride in her New York heritage and we additionally take great pride in serving the very best of New York beers, wines, cheeses, produce & famous local bakery aboard her decks.
Edible Manhattan wrote that we are “Not Your Mother’s Circle Line”. We strive to surpass any “tourist” expectations of what a “harbor cruise” entails: we include a “Taste of NY” in our menus, maintain an unprecedented level of hospitality and we do so aboard a special, beautiful, intimate yacht built by NY craftsmen.
Classically-lined & comfortable with teak decks and mahogany rails, she can accommodate up to 50 for dinner & 75 for passed hors d’ oeuvres. She features an enclosed, cushioned observatory surrounded by large windows & skylights. She is equipped for all weather with a/c & heating and thus operates comfortably year-round.