The menu includes a sushi sampling of nine sushi pieces and one roll served in two platings and paired with 4 sake flights! Classic Harbor Line and Morimoto have taken special steps to ensure the sushi is served in the freshest means possible for this event: It is prepared just minutes before boarding, stored in special coolers and served within the first hour of your sail. (Specific menu in the FAQs.)
Some illuminated views along the way will include:
- The New York City skyline
- Battery Park, a 20 -acre park at the southern tip of Manhattan, where artillery has been stationed over the centuries
- Ellis Island, the immigrant doorway to America from 1892 to 1954
- The Statue of Liberty - The most famous icon of New York Harbor!
What Is Not Included?
- What is the sushi menu?
- The sushi menu may alter slightly due to seasonality, but in general it will feature 9 pieces sushi to sample and one roll: Sake / King Salmon Unagi / Fresh Water Eel Chu Toro / Medium Fatty Tuna Hamachi / Yellowtail Hirame / Fluke Suzuki / Striped Bass Ebi / Shrimp Ika / Squid Kisu / Silver Whiting Spicy Tuna Maki / Scallion, Spicy Sauce
- Do sails sell out frequently?
- Sails often sell out. Guests are encouraged to check availability for public trips and to book as early as possible.
- What type of ticket should I purchase if I'm bringing a very young child?
- For children between the ages of 3 and 14 you should purchase a reduced price Child ticket. While many of our sails and cruises are family and children friendly, due to the nature and duration of this particular event, we kindly ask that you do not bring a child under the age of 3.
- Which schooner will I be on?
- This event is hosted aboard the 105 foot Schooner America 2.0
- What happens if the sail is sold out?
- Unfortunately, we do not have a wait-list for our sails, so please book well in advance.
- When is the sunset?
- The sun sets at a different time almost everyday. Your sunset sail may occur during, at the start, at the end, just after, or just before a sunset. We start our sunset sails in early May when the sun sets at about 7:50. Throughout the month they steadily get 30 minutes later by June 1.The latest average sunset is throughout the month of June - starting at 8:20 in the beginning of the month and and ending at 8:30 in the end of the month. July starts off with an 8:30 sunset and ends with a 8:10 sunset. August progresses from 8:10 and ends with a 7:30 sunset. September drops almost a whole hour throughout the course of the month- 7:30- 6:37 by the time October rolls around. October ends with a sunset at 5:50 and then daylight savings kicks in a week later in November...4:30 sunsets!
- Is there parking and how much is it?
- There is parking at Chelsea Piers. You must be south-bound on the West Side Hwy in order to access the turn-in for parking on Piers 61, 60, and 59. Up to 3 hours of parking is $25, and up to 4 hours is $38.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- General admission tickets are for all ages. There are no free infant tickets or child tickets available on sunset schooner sails. We do have free infant tickets and child tickets available on our Day Sails as these departures are designated as family-friendly sails. You are permitted to bring Children on the Morimoto Sushi & Sake Sunset Sail, but they will have to have a "General Admission" full price ticket purchased on their behalf. This trip is designated for Adults and Couples and we aim to create an elegant experience for these guests. We ask that only mature, well-behaved children be brought aboard for these sails should you choose to book this sail with children.
- What exactly do we see on the sail?
- While each sail may differ due to wind and other conditions, we do try to follow the following route: heading south from Chelsea Piers and down the Hudson River into New York Harbor, the schooners pass Battery Park and Ellis Island and sail out to the Statue of Liberty. Enjoy fantastic views of the NYC skyline on the way back to Chelsea Piers.
- Is food served during the sail?
- Yes. Morimoto sushi and rolls are served during the first hour of the sail. Complimentary Sake, Champagne, Beer, Soda & Water is also served.
- Will Morimoto the Iron Chef be on board?
- No, unfortunately Morimoto will not be on board. A representative may come on board to look after their fish, but that is not guaranteed!
- How about drinks? Should I bring those?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring alcohol of your own on board. Complimentary sake, champagne, wine, beer, soft drinks and water are offered and we therefore we ask that you do not bring your own drinks on the sail. (One quick note: we will serve a few rounds, but it is not an unlimited booze-cruise. We aim to create an elegant, relaxing, peaceful, and safe experience for all of our guests.)
- Are the schooners safe?
- Absolutely. While known for their speed, the Schooners America, Adirondack & Adirondack III are safe and gentle vessels. Along with your captain, there is a minimum of two crew members on every sail to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water. We are stocked with water, beverages, blankets, pillows, and life jackets should you feel you need one. There are also a private marine heads (bathrooms) and cabins below.
- How steady is the sailing? Am I likely to get seasick?
- These schooners are steady, gentle vessels. It is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any sea sickness on the Schooners Adirondack & America 2.0, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
- Is there a bathroom on the boat?
- Yes, the boats are equipped with a bathroom that is accessible at all times. We call it a "marine head" and it is unlike the bathroom you use at home. It involves pumping and there are simple directions posted in the bathroom on how to use it.
- Is there an age limit for these sails?
- While there is no age limit for the sails, all attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. The Sushi and Sake Sail is note recommended for children but groups with children will not be turned away.
- Can I stow anything (eg, my briefcase) during the sail?
- There is an area below deck where you may store your belongings. Please keep in mind that this area is not guarded, so we cannot take responsibility for any broken, lost or missing items. But we have not had any problems with items being left on prior sails.
- Where does the sail finish?
- Our sail will end at the same pier from which it departed.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Because we are guaranteeing your space on the sail, tickets cannot be refunded or rescheduled once purchased unless our captain cancels a sail due to weather.
- Do you ever cancel sails due to bad weather?
- The sail usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather situations. The only time we cancel a trip is in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. Our captains monitor the radar to watch fronts and cells in the area on days when inclement weater is possible. Cancellations are made on the day of the sail, by the Captain, up to 1 hour prior to sail time. If you have purchased tickets for a sail that is canceled, you will have the opportunity to reschedule your tickets (subject to availability), receive credit towards a future event, or receive a refund.
- What happens if it starts raining when we're out on our sail?
- Don't worry, we won't melt! Trips with a little wetness have proven to be some the most memorable bonding experiences for our guests. (This all depends on attitude of course...) If we are caught in a rain shower we have ankle-length button-down raincoats available for all of our guests aboard the America.
- Is gratuity included in the price of the sail?
- Gratuity is not included in the price of the sail. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted directly by Classic Harbor Line within 48 hours of purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
- Are the schooners handicap accessible?
- No, unfortunately the schooners are not wheelchair-accessible.
- Can I book a private charter sail?
- Yes, private sails on the Schooners America, Adirondack & Adirondack III are available. They can be unique and elegant events for your group. If you are interested in booking a private sail, please contact us by clicking “Contact SailNYC” to the left of the page.
- Is smoking permitted during the sail?
- No, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the boat.
- Are gift certificates available for this sail?
- Yes, gift certificates are available, and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this sail, please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- How is my gift certificate delivered? Can I print it out now and give it to the recipient myself?
- Yes, you can! When you purchase your gift certificate online, you will be presented immediately with your gift certificate so that you can print it out and deliver it. If you buy it over the phone, a link to your gift certificate will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is completed.
- What if I want the gift certificate emailed to the recipient instead?
- That's no problem, either! When you purchase your gift certificate, just select the option to have the certificate emailed directly to the recipient and provide their email address. You'll even be able to decide whether you want the email sent immediately or if you'd prefer to schedule it to be emailed on a future date. (For instance, if you want to buy it today so you don't forget, but you don't want it emailed to the recipient until their special day!)
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be canceled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event, or receive a refund.
- Parties of 12 or more will be contacted for an additional gratuity charge of 18%.
- Classic Harbor Line will contact you directly within 48 hours of your purchase to take your credit card information for the additional charge. You must be reachable at the telephone number and email you provide.
Classic Harbor Line
These schooners move through the water efficiently and beautifully; we take great pride in sharing them with you!
The each schooner is operated by Coast Guard-certified captains and extremely friendly and talented crew. Our crew is known for their amazing hospitality, and are professionally trained and experienced on sailing our vessels well and safely. Do not hesitate to ask our crew about the boat or any of the NYC sites.