The Schooner Adirondack is an open vessel; this means there is nowhere warm to hide from the cold. (Note: This excursion is for the especially spirited salts - No grinches allowed!) The parade route will feature two tight laps in the East River under the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges, hugging the shorelines of Brooklyn Bridge Park and the South Street Seaport. Watch for Santa's arrival into New York Harbor aboard the last yacht!
On this two-hour cruise, take in picturesque views of New York City's skyline and the other decorated vessels on the harbor. Highlights along the way include:
- Battery Park, South Street Seaport, the Financial District, and the Brooklyn Bridge
- Governor's Island, the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Parts of Brooklyn and Queens, and the New York City skyline
What Is Not Included?
- Do cruises sell out frequently?
- Cruises often sell out, and are rarely open for booking more than a week in advance. Check the website or call the week of the date you would like to attend to check availability for public trips and to book as early as possible.
- Is there parking and how much is it?
- There is parking on all the piers at Chelsea Piers. You must be south-bound on the West Side Hwy in order to access the turn-in for parking on Piers 61, 60, and 59. Up to 3 hours of parking is $22, and up to 4 hours is $34.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- For children between the ages of 3 and 14 you should purchase a reduced price Child ticket. Children ages 2 and younger ride for free, but you’ll still need to enter the appropriate number of Infant tickets labeled “Free” when purchasing. All passengers, regardless of age, must have a ticket, so please make sure your entire party is accounted for in this way.
- What exactly do we see on the cruise?
- The Adirondack travels south from Chelsea Piers on the Hudson River, passing the West Village and Tribeca portion of Hudson River Park. She then rounds Battery Park, heading up the East River to travel under the Brooklyn Bridge. Next, she makes a wide pass through the New York City Harbor to grab a distant view of the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, the Financial District and the complete NYC skyline before heading north on the Hudson River to return to Chelsea Piers. Expect to see 40 to 50 other passenger boats lit with Christmas lights for the Festival of Lights boat parade!
- Is food available on the boat?
- We will have complimentary beer, wine, champagne, Jacques Torres hot chocolate and holiday treats! You are more than welcome to bring light snacks or picnic meals on board!
- How about drinks? Should I bring those too?
- No. It is illegal for you to bring your own alcohol on board, but we will have complimentary beverages for you. Famous Jacques Torres hot chocolate will be served, along with a standard open bar (soda, wine, beer, or Champagne).
- Is the Schooner Adirondack safe?
- Absolutely. Along with your captain, there is a minimum of two crew members on every sail to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water. We are stocked with water, beverages, and life jackets, should you feel you need one.
- How steady is the cruise? Am I likely to get seasick?
- The Schooner Adirondack is a steady, gentle vessel. It is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any seasickness on the schooner, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take such precautions for motion sickness. However, we cannot officially advise you to take any medication.
- Is there an age limit for these cruises?
- While there is no age limit for the cruise, all attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Where does the cruise finish?
- Our cruise will end at the same pier from which it departed.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Because we are guaranteeing your space on the cruise, tickets cannot be refunded or rescheduled once purchased.
- Is gratuity included in the price of the cruise?
- Gratuity is not included in the price of the cruise. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted directly by Classic Harbor Line within 48 hours of purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
- Do you ever cancel cruises due to bad weather?
- The sail usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather situations. The only time we cancel a trip is in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. Our captains monitor the radar to watch fronts and cells in the area on days when inclement weather is possible. Cancellations are made on the day of the sail, by the captain, up to one hour prior to sail time. If you have purchased tickets for a sail that is canceled, you will have the opportunity to reschedule your tickets (subject to availability), receive credit towards a future event, or get a refund.
- What happens if it starts raining when we're out on our cruise?
- For light rain we do have rain jackets on board. However, if there is a heavy rain and/or thunder and lightening we will cancel the trip. We do expect it to be especially cold so please dress appropriately! Bundle up! We have blankets on board.
- Is the schooner handicap accessible?
- The schooner is accessible to those with walkers and canes. If you are in a wheelchair, there is unfortunately no access onto the vessel. In addition, areas such as the on-board restrooms have limited access, as they are located down several steps.
- Can I book a private charter cruise?
- Yes, private cruises can be a unique and elegant event for your group. If you are interested in booking a private cruise, please contact us by clicking “Contact SailNYC” to the left of the page.
- Is smoking permitted during the sail?
- No, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the boat.
- Are gift certificates available for this cruise?
- No, not for this particular cruise.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event, or receive a refund.
- Parties of 12 or more will be contacted for an additional gratuity charge of 18%.
- Classic Harbor Line will contact you directly within 48 hours of your purchase to take your credit card information for the additional charge. You must be reachable at the telephone number and email you provide.
Classic Harbor Line
Sailing in this schooner is a privilege. She moves through the water efficiently and beautifully; we take great pride in sharing her with you.
The Adirondack is operated by Coast Guard-certified captains and extremely friendly and talented crew. Our crew is known for their amazing hospitality, and are professionally trained and experienced on sailing our vessels well and safely. Do not hesitate to ask our crew about the boat or any of the NYC sites.