This parade will start at the Verrazano Bridge and will sail into NY Harbor passing by all of the famous landmarks that NYC has to offer! A boxed lunch and complimentary drinks are included.
You'll experience the following on your 4.5 hour sail: The stunning views that NYC has to offer including: Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Verrazano Bridge, George Washington Bridge and much more!
- Class A Tall ships, from both the US and Foreign Navies
- Military vessels from the United States Navy
Join us on the Schooner Adirondack as we sail in this parade through the harbor of the most famous island in the world!
What Is Not Included?
- Gratuity is not included in the price of your sail. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted shortly after purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
- Do sails sell out frequently?
- This is a special sail only to be offered during Op Sail 2012 and will sell out, so you should book as early as possible.
- What happens if the sail is sold out?
- Unfortunately, we do not have a waitlist for our sails, so please book well in advance. However, if you find the sail you are looking for is full, you should also check out cruises aboard the America 2.0 and the Yacht Manhattan - there may be one available.
- Is there parking and how much is it?
- There is parking on all the piers at Chelsea Piers. You must be south-bound on the West Side Hwy in order to access the turn-in for parking on Piers 61, 60, and 59. Up to 3 hours of parking is $22, and up to 4 hours is $32.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- For this special event there is no child ticket available. Children are more than welcome to join but will pay the general admission price.
- What exactly do we see on the sail?
- You will take in the sites of NY Harbor such as the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island and the famous skyline of NYC. You will also view 9 Class A Tall ships that are from both US and Foreign navies, along with US Navy Military ships!
- Is food served during the sails?
- Drinks will be provided but you are encouraged to pack your own picnic!
- How about drinks? Should I bring those?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring alcohol of your own on board. This event will have complimentary beer, wine, champagne, soft drinks and water. (One quick note: we will serve a few rounds, but it is not an unlimited booze-cruise. We aim to create an elegant, relaxing, peaceful and safe experience for all of our guests.)
- Is Schooner Adirondack safe?
- Absolutely. While known for its speed, the Schooner Adirondack is safe and a gentle vessel. Along with your captain, there is a minimum of three crew members on every sail to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water. We are stocked with water, beverages, blankets, pillows, and life jackets should you feel you need one. There are also private marine heads (bathrooms) and salons below.
- How steady is the sailing? Am I likely to get seasick?
- The Schooner Adirondack is a steady, and gentle vessel. It is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any sea sickness on the schooner, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
- Is there a bathroom on the boat?
- Yes, the boats are equipped with a bathroom that is accessible at all times. We call it a "marine head" and it is unlike the bathroom you use at home. It involves pumping and there are simple directions posted in the bathrooms on how to use it.
- Is there an age limit for these sails?
- While there is no age limit for the sails, all attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Can I stow anything (eg, my briefcase) during the sail?
- There is an area below deck where you may store your belongings. Please keep in mind that this area is not guarded, so we cannot take responsibility for any broken, lost or missing items. But we have not had any problems with items being left on prior sails.
- Where does the sail finish?
- Our sails will end at the same pier from which they departed.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Because we are guaranteeing your space on the sail, tickets cannot be refunded or rescheduled once purchased.
- Do you ever cancel sails due to bad weather?
- The sail usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather situations. The only time we cancel a trip is in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. Our captains monitor the radar to watch fronts and cells in the area on days when inclement weather is possible. Cancellations are made on the day of the sail, by the Captain, up to 1 hour prior to sail time. If you have purchased tickets for a sail that is canceled, you will have the opportunity to reschedule your tickets (subject to availability), receive credit towards a future event, or receive a refund.
- What happens if it starts raining when we're out on our sail?
- Don't worry, we won't melt! Trips with a little wetness have proven to be some the most memorable bonding experiences for our guests. (This all depends on attitude of course...) If we are caught in a rain shower we have ankle-length button-down raincoats available for all of our guests aboard the Adirondack.
- Is gratuity included in the price of the sail?
- Gratuity is not included in the price of the sail. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted directly by Classic Harbor Line within 48 hours of purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
- Are the schooners handicap accessible?
- No, unfortunately the schooners are not wheelchair-accessible.
- Is smoking permitted during the sail?
- No, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the boat.
- Are gift certificates available for this sail?
- No, unfortunately they aren't since this is a one time event.
- Can I book a private charter sail?
- Yes, private sails on the Schooner Adirondack can be a unique and elegant event for your group. If you are interested in booking a private sail, please contact us by clicking the "Contact SailNYC" link.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be canceled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event, or receive a refund.
- Parties of 12 or more will be contacted for an additional gratuity charge of 18%.
- Classic Harbor Line will contact you directly within 48 hours of your purchase to take your credit card information for the additional charge. You must be reachable at the telephone number and email you provide.
Classic Harbor Line
Sailing in this schooner is a privilege. She moves through the water efficiently and beautifully; we take great pride in sharing her with you.
The Adirondack is operated by Coast Guard-certified captains and extremely friendly and talented crew. Our crew is known for their amazing hospitality, and are professionally trained and experienced on sailing our vessels well and safely. Do not hesitate to ask our crew about the boat or any of the NYC sites.