Feel free to bring along brunch on this early morning cruise - our crew completes your "brunch experience" with delicious chilled Mimosas!
Mimosa Morning Cruises are the perfect way to see the sights of Rhode Island before hitting the beach or the many shops of Thames Street.
Beacon is a safe and comfortable vessel with plenty of room to lay out a light picnic, relax comfortably with friends and loved ones and catch all the iconic waterfront sights of Newport and Narragansett Bay, including:
- Newport Bridge
- Historic lighthouses
- Fort Adams - A 19th century historic military landmark
- Stately waterfront mansions
- Hammersmith Farm - the former Summer White House of JFK
- America's Cup boats and other performance sailing yachts
Mimosas, wine, beer and soda will be provided for $1/beverage. (One quick note: we will serve a few rounds, but it is not an unlimited booze-cruise. We aim to create a relaxing, peaceful, and safe experience for all of our guests.)
Come enjoy the ride, see the sights and have a Mimosa with us!
What Is Not Included?
- Do cruises sell out frequently?
- Cruises often sell out, so please check the website or call once you know when you would like to attend to check availability for public trips and to book as early as possible.
- What exactly do we see on the cruise?
- While each cruise may differ due to wind and other conditions, we do try to follow the following route: heading south out of Newport Harbor, Motor Yacht Beacon passes by a 19th Century Fort and and cruises out to Castle Hill Light House while passing stately waterfront mansions and seven different yacht clubs. There will be fantastic views of the Newport waterfront on the way back to Bowen's Wharf.
- Is there any narration on this sail?
- There will be some light narration on the sail. The captain and crew will give some information about the sights we see along the way, but this is a relaxing, leisurely sail on Narragansett Bay.
- Is there a reduced price for children?
- Children under the age of 12 receive a $5 discount on all tickets.
- Is food served during the cruise?
- Food is not served on the cruise. Feel free to bring your own brunch with you on the cruise!
- How about drinks? Should I bring those?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring alcohol of your own on board. Mimosas, champagne, beer, wine, and sodas are available for $1. Water will be provided on board at no cost. (One quick note: we will serve a few rounds, but it is not an unlimited booze-cruise. We aim to create an elegant, relaxing, peaceful, and safe experience for all of our guests.)
- Can I bring my own food or drinks on board?
- Feel free to bring along your own picnic. However, personal drinks are not allowed. There will be both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages available for purchase on board.
- Is the Motor Yacht Beacon safe?
- Absolutely. The Motor Yacht Beacon is a safe and gentle vessel. Along with your captain, there is a minimum of two crew members on every cruise to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water. We are stocked with water, beverages, blankets and life jackets should you feel you need one. There is also a private marine head (bathroom) and salon below.
- How steady is the cruising? Am I likely to get seasick?
- The Motor Yacht Beacon is a steady, gentle vessel. It is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any sea sickness on the Beacon, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
- Is there a bathroom on the boat?
- Yes, the boat is equipped with a bathroom that is accessible at all times. We call it a "marine head" and it is unlike the bathroom you use at home. It involves pumping and there are simple directions posted in the bathroom on how to use it.
- Is there an age limit for these cruises?
- While there is no age limit for the cruises, all attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Can I stow anything (eg, my briefcase) during the cruise?
- There is an area below deck where you may store your belongings. Please keep in mind that this area is not guarded, so we cannot take responsibility for any broken, lost or missing items. But we have not had any problems with items being left on prior cruises.
- Where does the cruise finish?
- Our cruise will end at the same wharf from which it departed.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Because we are guaranteeing your space on the cruise, tickets cannot be refunded once purchased. You may, however, reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) provided that you do so at least 24 hours before the scheduled start time for your cruise. If you need to reschedule tickets that you already purchased, please contact us at the phone number or email listed on your eticket before this 24 hour deadline. The cruise that you will be rescheduling for will not be for more than a week later. You may only reschedule your tickets once.
- Do you ever cancel cruises due to bad weather?
- The cruise usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather situations. The only time we cancel a trip is in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. Our captains monitor the radar to watch fronts and cells in the area on days when inclement weather is possible. Cancellations are made on the day of the cruise, by the Captain, up to 1 hour prior to cruise time. If you have purchased tickets for a cruise that is canceled, you will have the opportunity to to reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit towards a future event.
- What happens if it starts raining when we're out on our cruise?
- Don't worry, we won't melt! Trips with a little wetness have proven to be some the most memorable bonding experiences for our guests. (This all depends on attitude of course...) If we are caught in a rain shower we have ankle-length button-down raincoats available for all of our guests aboard the Beacon.
- Are group discounts available?
- Sure! If you purchase 10 or more tickets at once, you'll get $3 off each ticket.
- Can I book a private charter cruise?
- Yes, private cruises on the Motor Yacht Beacon can be a unique and elegant event for your group. If you are interested in booking a private cruise, please contact us by clicking “Contact SailNewport” to the left of the page.
- Are gift certificates available for your cruises?
- Gift certificates are not available for any of our Beacon cruises, but they are available for our regular sails on the Adirondack II. They make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, click on "List of All Activities" and then click on the sail of your choice.
Sailing Excursions, Inc.
The Beacon is operated by Coast Guard Certified Captains and extremely friendly and talented crew. Known for their amazing hospitality, our staff is all professionally trained and experienced on our vessel. They're also very knowledgeable about all the sights you will enjoy.
Sit back, relax, and enjoy yourself. With wind in your hair and amazing scenes in front of your eyes, everything is just breezy on the Beacon.