Gather friends & family pack a late night snack and climb aboard the Catamaran to enjoy the show from one of the best seats in town!
Friday, October 4th, we will sail down to Seacliff Beach to experience the spectacular Monte Fireworks display.
- Relax and enjoy the ride with a seasoned crew on deck.
Dress warm for Santa Cruz evenings can be cool. Packing a warm hat, jacket and a blanket is always a great idea!
What Is Not Included?
- No food or beverages are included, but there is a beverage bar on board that sells wine, beer, soda and water. Bring extra cash with you! (ranging from $2 - $5).
- You are always welcome to bring any food or drinks (non-alcoholic) of your own that you would like to enjoy along the way, too! Or, try one of our many local Harbor restaurants, all within walking distance to the boat.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- We highly recommend you purchase tickets in advance, as sails do sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day you prefer, please book well in advance! You can purchase your tickets with a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
- If the trip is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- No, we do not keep a waiting list for our sails. Sails often sell out and typically well in advance, so please make sure to purchase your tickets far in advance - especially if you have limited time availability.
- Is there parking and how much is it?
- There is parking in and around the Santa Cruz Harbor. Metered spots cost $1.00 per hour, so bring your quarters! Permit parking is offered on the street - all weekend permits cost $7.00 and can be purchased at East Cliff Drive and 9th Ave. Lot parking next to the Crows Nest begins at $1.00 and goes up from there. We suggest that you plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled start time so you have time to park and check in before boarding.
- What time do we board?
- Guest boarding begins approximately 15 minutes before departure. A typical sail begins with a safety briefing after all passengers are boarded. This includes location of life jackets, where to walk on the boat, and location of the bathroom. The boat leaves the dock promptly at the scheduled time.
- How long is the fireworks show?
- The fireworks show will usually last between 15 and 30 minutes. The boat will not stop as we will be sailing out on the open ocean during the show!
- What about bringing children along?
- Children are more than welcome to attend the fireworks sail. Children under 12 are required to wear a life jacket at all times during the trip. All children (no matter what age) must have a regular priced ticket in order to attend.
- Are pets allowed?
- We do love pets, but pets of any kind are unfortunately not allowed on the boat.
- Is the sail suitable for pregnant women?
- Pregnant women should have no problem participating in the sail. Our 65' catamaran has a broad 28' beam which results in a wonderfully comfortable ride. Guests are also welcome to relax in our covered cabin which is a great way to take a break from the elements!
- Do I need to know how to swim?
- No, you will board and disembark straight from the dock to the deck of the Team O’Neill Catamaran. The boat is also fully equipped with life jackets for anyone who would like one. Children 12 years of age and under must wear a life jacket at all times while on the boat.
- Are drinks or food served on the sail?
- No food or beverages are included, but there is a beverage bar on board that sells, beer, soda and water. Bring extra cash with you! (ranging from $2 - $5). You are always welcome to bring any food or drinks (non-alcoholic) of your own that you would like to enjoy along the way, too!
- How should I dress?
- Keep in mind that it is often windy and cooler on the water at night. Dressing in layers is recommended - we always suggest bringing a warm hat, jacket and blanket.
- What type of shoes should I wear?
- We kindly request that you do not wear black soled shoes or high heels on board – soft non-scuffing white or light rubber soled shoes or barefoot would be preferred. If appropriate shoes are not worn on board, we will ask you to place them in a basket and go boating barefoot.
- Can I stow anything like my backpack during the sail?
- There is an area inside the cabin where you can store your belongings; however, we cannot take responsibility for any broken, lost or missing items.
- Are we sailing the entire time?
- We try to sail for as much of the time as possible. Usually there is a good breeze on the Monterey Bay and we're able to sail for almost all of the cruise.
- Is the Catamaran safe?
- Absolutely. The Team O’Neill catamaran is a stable, gentle vessel. Because it has two hulls, instead of one as in a regular sailboat, the sail is smoother and steadier. Along with your captain, there is a minimum of two crew members on every sail to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water. We also have life jackets for every passenger on board.
- How many passengers can you accommodate?
- The maximum capacity is 49 passengers (including infants), plus captain and crew.
- Will I get wet?
- Aside from the occasional misty breeze, you should stay dry during most of the sail. You may feel some spray when you venture onto the trampoline on the bow of the boat.
- Are life jackets available?
- We do carry a sufficient number of jackets for all passengers. We only require that children under 12 wear one during the sail.
- Am I likely to get seasick?
- Our catamaran is a comfortable, stable vessel with a lot of space. The one hour trip serves as a short introductory sail that will acclimate you to sailing on the Monterey Bay, so you shouldn’t have a problem unless you are particularly prone to motion sickness. In that case, we recommend you consult a doctor before attending and take preventative measures.
- Is there a bathroom on the boat?
- Yes, bathrooms aboard boats are called heads, and there is a fully functional one complete with running water, toilet paper and soap.
- Do you ever cancel sails due to bad weather?
- The only time we cancel a trip is in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. Our captains monitor the weather. Cancellations are made on the day of the sail, by the captain, up to 1 hour prior to sail time. If you have purchased tickets for a sail that is canceled, you will have the opportunity to receive credit towards a future day sail instead. Keep in mind that a little fog or cool weather won't keep us from sailing.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Because we are guaranteeing your space on the sail, tickets cannot be refunded or rescheduled once purchased.
- Is the Catamaran handicap accessible? Can I bring a wheelchair?
- Unfortunately the boat is not wheelchair accessible. If you have limited mobility and can leave your wheelchair behind and be helped onto the boat, you are more than welcome to attend. Remember that the restrooms on board or not handicapped accessible so you will need assistance to visit the restroom. If you have more questions, please click on the "Contact SailONeill" link to see if you can be accommodated.
- Is there seating onboard?
- Yes. The inside cabin can seat up to 15 people comfortably, and there is bench seating for 10-12 in the back of the boat, as well as ample trampoline seating.
- Is smoking allowed on board?
- No, smoking is not allowed on board.
- Is a gratuity included in the ticket price?
- Gratuities for your Team O’Neill crew are not included in your ticket price. If you have a great time and wish to recognize the contributions of your crew, you're welcome to give any one of them a tip to be shared by all. We are occasionally asked what a typical tip is - ultimately the decision is yours, but 15% is common.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- We do not offer gift certificates at this time, but hope to do so in the future! If you're interested, let us know by clicking on the "Contact SailONeill" link and we will let you know once they are available.
- Can I book a corporate or private charter?
- Yes, private sails aboard the Team O’Neill Catamaran are unique and elegant events for corporate gatherings, weddings, or other special events. To book a private charter, please click on the "Contact SailONeill" link and let us know what you'd like! Someone from O’Neill Yacht Charters will contact you shortly.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Children under 12 must wear a life jacket during the sail.
- All participating children who are under the age of 12 years old must wear a life jacket at all times during the sail. Adults must supervise their children at all times.
- Departing the Dock
- The boat will depart the dock promptly at the scheduled time. Please check in no later than 15 minutes prior to sail time.
O'Neill Yacht Charters
O'Neill has been serving the sailing community since 1965. All of our skippers have extensive sailing backgrounds and are all licensed by the United States Coast Guard. Our skippers also have trans-Pacific sailing experience and an extensive knowledge of the local waters.