Vidalco invites you to
enjoy one of the world's most wonderful hidden treasures - wines from
the most prestigious regions of Romania, Italy, France, Spain,
Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, San Marino, Luxembourg and the United
Wines which distinguish themselves, divulge
quality, complexity, finesse and which romance the senses. Please join
Vidalco to "Discover and Celebrate Wines that Give Charm to the Moment!"
Charleston Sweet Gourmet is owned and operated by Don and Betsy DeLuca. They specialize in local, specialty gourmet foods, wines and confections and will make sure that they provide the freshest and best hors d'oeuvres to be paired with the selection of wines provided by Vidalco. If you enjoy the wines on your cruise, they can be purchased at the Charleston Sweet Gourmet retail store at South Windamere Shopping Center on 36 Windamere Blvd, Charleston, SC 29407.
Experience the wonder of sailing Charleston Harbor on a classic 84 foot tall ship. As we pull away from the dock, help us hoist the sails if you wish, and then sit back and watch the wind fill them, moving the Schooner Pride through the waters of one of the oldest ports in the country.
On this sail you will enjoy:
- A delicious tasting of 4-5 wines hand-selected by the Wine Experts att Vidalco Wines. Each wine tasting cruise is unique and all of the delicious wines are sure to please.
- Light hors d'oeuvres provided by local favorite, Charleston Sweet Gourmet. to pair with the wine selections.
- The sight of dolphins playing and racing across the bow and pelicans perform diving acts
- Views of the impressive Arthur Ravenel Jr. bridge, one of the largest cable-stayed bridges in the world
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to book tickets in advance?
- Sails often sell out, so we strongly recommend that you book your tickets in advance, as soon as you’re sure you would like to attend.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Because we are guaranteeing your space on the sail, tickets cannot be refunded nor rescheduled once purchased.
- What exactly do we see on the sail?
- We sail by the Battery and Waterfront Park. We sail in the harbor but we go with the wind so sometimes we get closer to The Yorktown or Fort Sumter. Our guests get a good overall view of the harbor and the local wildlife.
- Is food served during the sail?
- There will be light hors d'oeuvres served on this sail.
- Will I get full glasses of wine?
- 4-5 tastings will be included with your ticket. These will not be full glasses, but most people find the amount of wine to be sufficient. There will also be additional wine available for purchase from the bar.
- Can I bring my own drinks aboard?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring alcohol of your own on board. During our day-time sails, sodas, water, beer (domestic and imported), and wine are available for purchase on board.
- What should I wear?
- We suggest that you dress comfortably, and weather appropriate. Keep in mind that it is significantly cooler on the water, and so layers are suggested.
- Is the Schooner Pride safe?
- Absolutely, the Schooner Pride is a safe, gentle vessel. Aside from your captain we have several crew members to take care of our guests onboard. We also have life-jackets on board for all of our guests.
- How steady is the sailing? Am I likely to get seasick?
- The Schooner Pride is a steady, gentle vessel and it is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any sea sickness on the Schooner Pride, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
- Are any areas of the ship covered?
- While there are no parts of the boat that are air-conditioned, guests are more than welcome to go below deck or stay in the shade of the sails to keep out of the sun.
- Do we always see wildlife on the sail?
- While we do not guarantee seeing wildlife, more often than not we see dolphins, pelicans, and other local wildlife while sailing in the harbor.
- Where does the sail finish?
- Our sail will end at the same pier from which it departed.
- Is there a restroom on the boat?
- Yes, the boat is equipped with a clean restroom that is accessible at all times.
- Is there seating on the boat?
- There is bench style seating available for all aboard the sail.
- Are there any stops along the way?
- No, there are no stops. We will be sailing for the entire 2 hours.
- How fast does the Schooner Pride go?
- It depends on the wind, but it can go up to 10 knots.
- Can I stow anything (eg, my briefcase) during the sail?
- There is some room below deck where you may store your belongings. Please keep in mind that this area is not guarded, so we cannot take responsibility for any broken, lost or missing items. But we have not had any problems with items being left on prior sails.
- Do you ever cancel sails due to bad weather?
- The sail usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather situations. The only time we cancel a trip is in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. Cancellations are made on the day of the sail up to 1 hour prior to sail time. In the rare event that a sail is cancelled, you will have the opportunity to reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit towards a future event.
- Is the ship wheelchair accessible?
- Yes, but for folding wheelchairs only. The crew will lift the person on to the boat.
- Can I book a private charter sail?
- Yes. If you are interested in booking a private sail, please contact us by clicking the "Contact SailThePride" link.
- Are pets allowed onboard?
- Yes, pets are allowed onboard so long as they are kept on a leash or in a carrier.
- What kind of hors d'oeuvres will be served on the sail?
- There will be hand selected wines for each cruise. Each wine tasting cruise will be unique in the wine selection. Thus, the staff at Charleston Sweet Gourmet will use their expertise to provide the most complimentary hors d'oeuvres selections.
Charleston Schooner Pride LLC
We aim to make your experience of sailing on the Pride as enjoyable and thrilling as it is for us. Our captain and experienced and friendly crew are more than willing to do whatever they can to ensure that your sailing experience with us is a pleasurable and relaxing one.