Your journey starts in an eerily-spooky Savannah square, canopied in live oaks and spanish moss. Your guide will prepare you for the challenge ahead – to catch a Savannah ghost!
Blending local folklore, 300 years of history, and magical illusions, this tour promises to amaze, send chills up and down your spine and send you into fits of laughter.
The 24 squares of Savannah have been home to specters, ghosts and ghouls since its founding in 1733. You'll be introduced to some of them along the way on this 1¼-hour tour, including:
- Mama Hoodoo - gullah and geechee root doctor
- Jolly Roger - the grumpiest pirate to visit Savannah
- The Boo Hag - a curious spirit
- Old Jeffrey - a mischievous poltergeist
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is required, as space is limited per tour. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets can be purchased using a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
- Are you sure this tour is appropriate for kids?
- Great question. While each parent will need to think about how their child reacts to the flying monkeys in the Wizard of Oz, both tours were designed to create vacation memories not nightmares. No one is going to jump out and scare you or your kids during the tour. There is a reduced rate for children ages 4-12 and children under 4 do not need a ticket. The Catch a Spooky Ghost Tour has a few more stories and special tricks. If you've been to the Haunted Mansion at a popular theme park south of Savannah, you'll be fine on this tour.
- What's the difference between the two tours?
- The 7pm Catch a Ghost Tour is family-friendly for the entire family and lasts 75 minutes. The 9pm Catch a Spooky Ghost Tour is just a little spookier and lasts 90 minutes. We recommend the 9pm tour for anyone over 8-years-old.
- What if it rains?
- Savannah gets rain. Showers can pop up throughout the day. Bring an umbrella or poncho if the forecast is gloomy. The tour will go on with steady drizzle. Of course, we won't hold the tour in a thunderstorm or worse. Don't want to walk because of the weather? We can reschedule your tour for a later date. We are also willing to refund your money, should we cancel because of the weather. Savannah Ghost Show reserves the right to cancel tours due to extreme weather conditions, in the interest of your safety.
- How long is the tour?
- The 7pm tour will last about 75 minutes. The 9pm tour will last about 90 minutes. There may be a slight variance in time depending on the traffic in the squares, the pace of the group, and the fun we are having. Our adventure will take us through six squares and along the cemetery. The distance traveled will be about 1 mile. Wear walking shoes and feel free to bring some water. Pregnant women, the elderly, and toddlers should be prepared for extended standing and keeping up with the group.
- Where do I park?
- Street parking downtown after 5pm is free. You may want to consider one of the parking garages in the historic area to get you closest to your evening activities without the hassle of circling the block in the busiest areas. Be aware at peak times of the year, parking can be a challenge.
- Are your tours handicap or wheelchair accessible?
- If you've been to our historic area and navigated the curbs, cobblestones and city streets, we'd love to have you join us. We can't say whether the route we will take is 100% accessible for your particular situation. Please contact us directly by clicking on the "Contact SavGhostShow" link to the left of this page so we can better understand your needs.
- What if I'm not satisfied with the tour?
- We hope you've read the tour description and will enjoy the adventure. If this is not the right tour for you, we understand. Communicate your concerns as we move from square to square. We're happy to work with you and want to provide the best possible customer service.
- Should we tip the guide at the end of the tour?
- If we exceeded your expectations, then we certainly welcome the gratuity. The amount is at your discretion and varies widely by tour, size of your group, and the number of laughs you experienced.
- Can we bring our dog (or other pet)?
- We are pet lovers in a big way. However, for the consideration of the other tour guests, please send Fido and Fluffy to get some ice cream while your group is touring.
- Where does the tour take place?
- The tour will take us through 6 of the historic squares and along the edge of Colonial Park Cemetery. You'll enjoy hauntingly entertaining stories in and around Columbia, Oglethorpe, Chippewa, Wright, Johnson and Reynolds Squares.
- Do we go inside any buildings?
- The entire tour will occur outside, under the canopy of live oaks. We will not enter any buildings on the tour.
- Does the tour start and end at the same place?
- Yes! The tour will start and end at Columbia Square, Savannah GA. A good GPS address to use is for the Kehoe House, located near Columbia Square at 123 Habersham St, Savannah, GA 31401.
- Are there bathrooms along the way?
- We will pass by locations that have restroom facilities for their customers in case of any emergencies. Please use the restroom prior to the tour.
- Is there anywhere to buy food or drinks along the way? Can I bring my own?
- We won't be stopping for food or drink. Feel free to bring your own snacks or non-alcoholic beverages with you. If you've got something really good, you might want to bring enough for the ghosts. Just a warning... they may follow you home for more.
- Is smoking allowed on the tour?
- This is a non-smoking tour.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes! Please contact us directly by clicking on the "Contact SavGhostShow" link to the left of this page to inquire about a gift certificate.
- Do you offer private tours?
- We do! Please contact us directly by clicking on the "Contact SavGhostShow" link to the left of this page to inquire about a private tour.
- Non-refundable, can be rescheduled with 24 hours notice.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded. You may reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) only if you do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Minimum Tour Size
- Due to the nature of this tour, the minimum group size is six (6) guests. We will evaluate the tour size the day before the scheduled tour. If ticket sales have not reached six (6) guests, you may be notified that the tour is cancelled. If this occurs, you can choose to reschedule or request a refund.
Savannah Ghost Show
This family-friendly walking tour was creatively designed to combine history from the spooky side of Savannah with an interactive experience for all ages.
This is not a paranormal investigation and we won't be trying to contact or raise anyone from the dead. We're called "Savannah Ghost Show" because it is a moon-lit mix of lighthearted fun and theatrical tricks of the trade wrapped into a walking show.