Then it's on to the Middle-Eastern shops that line Atlantic Avenue. Here in the markets, bakeries, stores and restaurants, we will find a treasure trove of incredible baklava, freshly made pita, fragrant oils and essences, imported olives and countless other culinary delights.
Lunch will be savored at an authentic Middle-Eastern restaurant that will serve the magical cuisine of the Fertile Crescent.
What Is Not Included?
- Do the tours run rain or shine?
- Tours generally take place regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation that Savory Sojourns cancels a tour, you will be able to reschedule to another time or have your ticket refunded.
- What is included in the price of my ticket?
- A light breakfast, full lunch with wine, all tastings, gratuities, and a special surprise are all included in your ticket purchase.
- Is transportation to the tour available?
- No, we meet at a predetermined location. Immediately upon purchasing your tickets, you will be provided an e-ticket, which will include the exact meeting location details. These will also include directions and a map, in case you are unfamiliar with the area. Please make sure to print these and bring them with you to the tour.
- How many people do you take?
- In order to maintain an intimate feel, the tour takes a maximum of 12 people.
- Are children allowed on the tour?
- This tour is appropriate for children eight and over. Since there is a lot of walking on this tour, please consider this when deciding whether this tour is appropriate for your child. If you are bringing a child under eight who will not be eating on the tour, you do not need to buy a ticket for them. If you are bringing a child over 8, or a child who will be participating in the tastings and meals, you should purchase a ticket.
- Is the tour appropriate for people with special food needs?
- We can accommodate vegetarians and diabetics, as well as those with food allergies. If you have any such requirements, please let us know at the time you purchase your tickets so that we may plan accordingly. Those with religious restrictions are welcome to join the tour, but we may not be able to find adequate substitutes.
- Do you have foreign-speaking guides?
- If you require the tour in a foreign language, please check with Savory Sojourns before purchasing your tickets. We have guides that speak Spanish, Italian, French and Hebrew, so we can often accommodate this request if we know sufficiently in advance. Please click “Contact Savory” to the left of the page to send us an email if you have non-English language requirements.
- Does Marisa Tomei ever come on the tours?
- Believe it or not, we DO get this question. NO.
- Do you offer private tours?
- Yes, Savory Sojourns often conducts private tours as well. If you would like a tour for your own group, click “Contact Savory” to the left of the page and let us know the details of your request. A Savory Sojourns representative will contact you shortly.
Savory Sojourns, Ltd
Native New Yorker and food enthusiast Addie Tomei shaped Savory Sojourns in her own image - with guides that share her knowledge, passion and enthusiasm for cooking and the city they call home. All experiences are led by Addie or one of her personally trained guides.
Since its formation, Savory Sojourns has had the pleasure of sharing New York's culinary treasures with countless New Yorkers and visitors, including even the gliterati of Addie's Oscar-winning daughter, actress Marisa Tomei. From restaurants to gourmet markets to patisseries and greenmarkets, Savory Sojourns incorporates them all.
Addie and Savory Sojourns have received rave reviews in dozens of publications, including Bon Appetit, Town and Country, The New York Times and The Chicago Tribune. Savory Sojourns has also been featured on The Food Network and NPR, among numerous TV and radio programs.
Addie and all guides are licensed New York City tour guides.