Fans and Segway enthusiasts can now explore the Monster Mile facility and all it has to offer on an eco-friendly, self powered, two wheeled vehicle known as the Segway!!
The guided tour includes stops at:
- Monster Monument in Victory Plaza, presented by AAA
- Victory Lane where fans can get pictures on the same stage that drivers like Jimmie Johnson and Matt Kenseth have accepted their monster trophy
- The frontstretch of the track as well as pit road;
- The NASCAR Sprint cup series garage
- The Infield Media Center
- The bridge that crosses the track where NASCAR trophy winners autograph their own seat number and fans can see the race cars coming straight at them (the only one of it's kind in NASCAR tracks).
Tours will begin with a training session for attendees to get comfortable on their segways.
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is strongly recommended, as tours often sell out quickly. To maximize your chance of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. You can do this online or over the phone using only Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- Do I have to pay tax?
- No. There are no state or local taxes in Delaware.
- Who can ride the Segway PT?
- Although riding a Segway PT is relatively easy, all riders must be at least 14 years of age. Also, riders should have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance. The Segway PT is not appropriate for those weighing under 100 pounds or over 260 pounds.
- Am I allowed to ride if I'm pregnant?
- While Annapolis Segway Tours does not recommend that pregnant women participate in these tours, it is up to the discretion of the attendee and the tour guide. Please click on the "Contact this seller" link if you have any questions.
- What if I am not a NASCAR fan? Will I still enjoy the tour?
- Absolutely. While your tour guide will be giving you information about the Dover International Speedway, the wide open spaces and nicely paved concrete provide the perfect surface to ride a segway. So, whether you are a huge NASCAR fan or just enjoy the segway experience, you are sure to enjoy this tour.
- What happens if it rains?
- We run our tours rain or shine, and will provide ponchos to our guests should there be rain. In event that there is extremely severe weather and we are forced to cancel, you will be able to reschedule (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future tour.
- Do I have to sign a waiver?
- Each participant is required to sign a waiver. Children under the age of 18 will require the signature of a parent or guardian.
- How much time is actually spent on a Segway?
- From start to finish the experience will last about 2.5 hours. The tour itself is two hours long and training is NOT included in these two hours. The training usually takes about 20-30 minutes or so, so we ask that you arrive on time so we can finish training and depart for the tour as soon as possible.
- Can I bring food or drink on the tour?
- Yes, you are more than welcome to bring a snack and non-alcoholic beverage along with you.
- Do Segway's have the ability to store items such as bags?
- Each Segway is outfitted with a handle bar bag, which can carry personal items, such as medium to large purses, cameras, and sunglasses. We recommend storing bigger bags and items in your vehicle for the duration of your tour.
- How do I learn to ride the Segway PT?
- Each tour begins with a training session. You will first sign a liability waiver and get fitted with a helmet and headset. Each participant will be trained separately. The tour will begin once everyone feels comfortable and has mastered the operations of the Segway.
- What is the Segway Personal Transporter (PT)?
- The Segway Personal Transporter (PT) is the first self-balancing, electric-powered transportation device. With dimensions no larger than the average adult body and the ability to emulate human balance, the Segway PT uses the same space as a pedestrian, and can go wherever a person can walk.
- How safe is the Segway PT?
- The utmost care and research has gone into ensuring that the Segway PT is safe. The Segway PT's balancing technology is truly revolutionary and provides an exceptional riding experience. The Segway PT has redundant systems and sophisticated alerts built into its design, and many thousands of hours of use have demonstrated that the Segway PT is safe when used appropriately. It is important that Segway PT riders understand their responsibility to ride safely. Proper skill level and understanding of the Segway PT prevents injuries caused by loss of control or misuse.
- How fast do Segways go?
- Our Segways have a maximum speed of 12.5 miles per hour.
- Can I arrange for a private/corporate/business event?
- Yes! To arrange for a private, corporate, or business event, please click on the "Contact SegZoneTours" link.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes! To purchase a gift certificate, please click on the "Contact SegZoneTours" link.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- All participants must meet age and weight requirements.
- All Segway riders must be age 14 or older. Each rider must weigh at least 100 pounds and no more than 260 pounds.
- All participants must sign a waiver.
- All participants are required to sign a liability waiver before taking the tour. All participants under 18 must have a parent or supervising adult present to sign for them. Helmets are also required and are provided by SegZone Tours.
Seg Zone Tours
We have been successfully conducting Segway tours in the historic district of downtown Annapolis for many years and are very excited to bring you the first and only Segway Experience of this kind in the country. The "Monster Mile Segway Experience".We are proud to have partnered with Dover International Speedway and are eager to make you "part of our family" as well.
Dover Motorsports, Inc. owns and operates Dover International Speedway in Dover, DE and Nashville Superspeedway near Nashville, TN. Both concrete tracks are home to some of the most exciting racing in NASCAR. The legendary "Monster Mile" in Dover is known for being tough on drivers and their equipment, and has been hosting two NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race weekends each year for over 40 years. Nashville Superspeedway first opened its doors in 2001 and currently hosts two NASCAR Nationwide Series and two NASCAR Camping World Truck Series doubleheader race weekends each year.